Martinsville Race Thread

I admit it, Danica finished well today. Not too impressed since this is one good finish out of many races she's been in throughout both series (excluding Daytona where driver talent doesn't matter), but she had a good finish compared to 2/3 of the field today.

I don't think you have a grasp on how difficult it is to finish well at Martinsville. But someone relatively new to stock car racing finishing 12th in their first ever race at Martinsville is excellent. Especially starting 42nd and coming from 2 laps down. Take a look at where Tony, Jimmie and Rusty finished in their 1St Martinsville races.

Dale does indeed be a good teammate to Johnson every time. Johnson doesnt really return that favor for any of his teammates often

That will be something to pay attention to, he could have also slowed down later and let him get the line first but didnt do that , either...something for Jr to keep in mind down the road

I admit it, Danica finished well today. Not too impressed since this is one good finish out of many races she's been in throughout both series (excluding Daytona where driver talent doesn't matter), but she had a good finish compared to 2/3 of the field today.
Just a heads up for your fantasy picks. Danica will probably surprise you on a road course, I think that will her best chance to get into the top 5. Villinuve or whatever his name is, booted her in a nationwide in Canada and she was running in the top five in the closing laps. She was up there all day long, good car control and she out braked the best of them.

Not a fan of any of these 2013 new members

Some of them are alright. Others are just a**hole keyboard warriors who wank around in every thread looking to start a internet fight.

5928internet-fight.jpg

tumblr_mbbcz15gXt1qe6quzo1_1280.jpg

I'm a 2013 newbie, hopefully I haven't offended anyone too badly with my presence.
All newbies are welcome here, at least in my opinion. I haven't seen anything offensive by you.
There are some people that have been here for several years that continue to piss off others.
I try to not reply if something pisses me off.
It's a free country and if someone finds something offensive they can simply ignore it

I'm enjoying most of the Class of 13' so far.....don't know what the hell we're gonna do with all the stale bread though;)

Realistically, that's probably what jeffrey00 was referring to. It's overwhelming sometimes. Haha

Some of them are alright. Others are just a**hole keyboard warriors who wank around in every thread looking to start a internet fight.

View attachment 6730

View attachment 6731

The same could be said about all of you supposed veterans, some good some bad... FYI, this is the first disagreement I've had on these boards, I am not a troublemaker, just a normal dude that speaks his opinions like everybody else...

I don't think you have a grasp on how difficult it is to finish well at Martinsville. But someone relatively new to stock car racing finishing 12th in their first ever race at Martinsville is excellent. Especially starting 42nd and coming from 2 laps down. Take a look at where Tony, Jimmie and Rusty finished in their 1St Martinsville races.

True, she finished well today. But like I said earlier, finishes like this are common for most top-tier drivers, and rare for her even though she is a top-tier driver. And before I hear about her being a rookie, this was the case when she was in Nationwide as well. She rarely finished this well in Nationwide.

That said, this was a great finish by her standards today, and I hope finishes like this become more common for her.

Has a hookah smoking catepillar given you guys the call or something? :D

Back
Top Bottom