Martinsville Xfinity 500 (Cup pre-race)

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
17MART1nk07734.jpg

"The NASCAR Cup Series returns to the Martinsville Speedway for the Xfinity 500. The .526 mile track is located in Martinsville, Virginia and is the shortest track throughout the series. Sundays Xfinity 500 will decide which drivers will be moving onto the final “Championship 4” in the Cup Series Playoffs. As a result, this makes this a high pressure race for teams to preform to move onto the next round. Tune in Sunday, November 1st to see which driver will conquer the paperclip and will move onto the “Championship 4” in the NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs."

Full Weekend Schedule:
FRIDAY, OCT. 30
NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
8 p.m. ETNASCAR Hall of Fame 200
FS1

MRN
SATURDAY, OCT. 31
Xfinity Series
3:30 p.m. ETDraft Top 250
NBC

NBC Sports Live

MRN
SUNDAY, NOV. 1
NASCAR
7 a.m. ETOSS InspectionWatch live
NASCAR
Noon ETPre-Race ShowWatch live
NASCAR Cup Series
2 p.m. ETXfinity 500
NBC

NBC Sports Live

MRN

worked out really well for Gordo. With the 22 out the race was handed to him on a silver platter. That had to be popular right there Gordon wasn't going to advance, and of course the surprise KER BLAM factor. :biggrin: That woke everybody up ha ha.

Kenseth couldn't get both of the Penske's, I believe his problems at Martinsville was from a tangle with Keselowski on a restart, so he got the one he really didn't like :biggrin:

Kenseth couldn't get both of the Penske's, I believe his problems at Martinsville was from a tangle with Keselowski on a restart, so he got the one he really didn't like :biggrin:
Yep. I don't know what Logano was thinking when he started that pass. The #20 was already crippled and had nothing to gain. As soon as Joey started around, everybody and his grandmother knew what was coming.

Damn, I'm so pumped up for todays NASCAR race to the final 4 and the final NHRA race for the 2020 season that I woke up at 3.00 am. Not much on tv on Sun mornings that early so I just spent the past 3 hours catching up on the BS in the podium... and now I think I will make some biscuits and sausage gravy.:D

Damn, I'm so pumped up for todays NASCAR race to the final 4 and the final NHRA race for the 2020 season that I woke up at 3.00 am. Not much on tv on Sun mornings that early so I just spent the past 3 hours catching up on the BS in the podium... and now I think I will make some biscuits and sausage gravy.:D
I had that yesterday morning along with bacon, eggs and hash browns. :cool:

As strong as Johnson was in years passed you’d think his skill level at the track would overcome the car. Jeff Gordon won Martinsville with every generation car he was in. Strange that Jimmie hasn’t been a factor recently.

His avg finish since his last win at Martinsville is P18 with only 1 top 10.

Love it I'm getting strong Hut Stricklin Circuit City vibes

Good call, mini-trip down memory lane driving that scheme on NASCAR 95' Sega Saturn lol and good ole' Circuit City the Best Buy of the 90's

As strong as Johnson was in years passed you’d think his skill level at the track would overcome the car. Jeff Gordon won Martinsville with every generation car he was in. Strange that Jimmie hasn’t been a factor recently.

Jimmie did too, won in gen 4, gen 5 and gen 6.

But I agree. I don't think his skill at particular tracks shines as much with this package. Oddly enough, the only track he's consistently shown good space and pace at these last few years was Texas.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't know, 500 laps at Martinsville. Johnson is in good shape, but the cut off doesn't mean anything and 7 time isn't going to make it 8. There isn't a lot of incentive anymore. I really think he will do pretty well in IndyCar with new challenges

I don't know, 500 laps at Martinsville. Johnson is in good shape, but the cut off doesn't mean anything and 7 time isn't going to make it 8. There isn't a lot of incentive anymore. I really think he will do pretty well in IndyCar with new challenges

Race car drivers are a rare breed. JJ spends his career cheating death. Retires to spend time with the family. Wants to cheat death more. :idunno:

Back
Top Bottom