Maybe the 2020 O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Even with the rumors of maybe Texas not holding the race this week, I’ll go ahead and start the pre-race thread anyway. I’ll wait till it’s confirmed at Texas to post the start times and entry lists
1594645391324.jpeg

Fans are already social distanced in that picture

Yep. Texas has always fascinated me as a microcosm of the "boom and bust" of NASCAR. It sat 150,000+ from opening til the late 00s. I remember reading a Jayski article in the mid-2000s about plans to fully enclose the track in seats. Just mind-boggling.

From 2004
1594646867350.png

This will wake him up. If you stand on your tippy toes and look to the east from Ft. Worth, you can see a really pretty sight at night

Dallas Skyline Pictures, Images and Stock Photos - iStock

Hi everyone, busy at work trying to check in periodically, did they move the race yet from Texas? Any more rumors? or good to go?

This will wake him up. If you stand on your tippy toes and look to the east from Ft. Worth, you can see a really pretty sight at night

Dallas Skyline Pictures, Images and Stock Photos - iStock
My dad use to rock( I don't think it was a rock station) the DFW area from a-top the ball ( Reunion Tower) back in the 80's.

Hello, everyone! Greetings from Fort Worth! :smile:

FW Skyline From Dickies Arena Small.jpg

I'm sorry for my absence yesterday. I'm sure everyone missed me dearly and couldn't sleep last night out of worry something bad happened to me. :sad:

I guess I expected this pre-race thread to be posted after the Bristol All-Star race tomorrow.

20200716_152707.jpg

I'm not saying it's rigged, but I can almost see them doing an NBA lottery style drawing or something for these things. There's no way 1 guy draws this well at random. Talking about Aric lol.

Also, Joey drives a Chevy now

View attachment 48023

I'm not saying it's rigged, but I can almost see them doing an NBA lottery style drawing or something for these things. There's no way 1 guy draws this well at random. Talking about Aric lol.

Also, Joey drives a Chevy now
Almirola drew 4th at Kentucky and 5th at Indy, out of 12 drivers in the pool they draw from. :idunno:

Nuked? hows that?
It's basically a one-groove racetrack now. The redesign was not a very successful one, to me at least. Texas to me is like another Kentucky now, but before guys were able to use more of the racetrack than they are now. I really do not like how the track races now, but as I mentioned I did like the first race in 2018. Just something about this place now is just doesn't sit right with me.

I think I might be pointing to IndyCar in this case because after that race at Texas this year... I was really pissed due to the fact it was one of the races to watch I love to watch, but the way the track is configured and the PJ1 leftover it made the race horrible. It's not often I say that, but it is what it is.

I don't care about this in this case.

I'm going off of what I've seen. The first 2018 race was fun and chaotic to watch, but to each is their own. I would have to remember what I posted last year and my rate the race score. Just what I've seen this year, even though a different discipline, just left a horrible taste. Especially with no practice, I'm hoping the addition of the PJ1 makes it interesting on Sunday with the high temps.

Still, I don't care for how the track was redone. The eye test still holds weight to me.

Last edited:
Oh come on. Texas 2019 was a wreckfest because of how slick the track was outside of the traction compound. The grip level was way unbalanced and there were like 11 wrecks because of it. More restarts, more recorded passes in due.

@Kiante isn’t wrong. Texas is now a 1 groove track and theres no grip to find speed elsewhere.

Liars, damn liars and statistics.

I understand they are allowing fans for this one. How many will be there considering it will be about 100 degrees?

Back
Top Bottom