Mayfield tests positive for Meth again!!

OK, so we are to now base our opinion on Bubba the Love Sponge test results? :confused: Please tell me you are joking about this. Perhaps Mayfield should add Bubba to his legal team. :beerbang: This is toooo much!

Can someone please post the link to that wacky music that they play at the beginning of the circus? I'd like that to play on my PC every time that I click on this thread. :rolleyes:

OK, so we are to now base our opinion on Bubba the Love Sponge test results? :confused: Please tell me you are joking about this. Perhaps Mayfield should add Bubba to his legal team. :beerbang: This is toooo much!

Can someone please post the link to that wacky music that they play at the beginning of the circus? I'd like that to play on my PC every time that I click on this thread. :rolleyes:

It's called "Enter the Gladiators"
There, ya don't have to look it up 'cause I already knew:D

For the seasoned folk here. My great uncle was the original Uncle Sam in Ringly Bros.

http://interglacial.com/~sburke/pub/midi/circus.mid

Other than stepmom's blah blah , all hearsay without proof. the courts will definitly look at test results from both sides and attempt to determine which side is the liar. Because one of them is. It sure as hell is looking like the great and powerful NASCAR is the liar. Could we see the end of the france family and the beginning of the Mayfield empire.
As long as the racing continues I'm happy.:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

I don't know that Nascar would set in motion, a plan to intentionally ruin Mayfield but it wouldn't surprise me if they sacrificed him to avoid admitting that they are wrong about anything - if that be the case.

They've got away with their like it or lump it attitude for a long time now and, I suspect, feel they're beyond answering to anyone...kind of like a spoiled teenager, you know?

I've been told that This girl that worked at a diner that we stop at it on meth. She is between 16-19 skinny as can be. Her face is fair. But her teeth are a greenish-black. I'm pretty sure she has not been on it for 7 years and she starting to show signs pretty bad.

I've seen meth users. And they all look totaly differnt then JM.

So what if the live sponge took the test? I do not see anyone else trying to see if it can lead to a false postive. I think some of you just want to side with NASCAR even if it means sending someone who done nothing wrong under the tracks.

The Tim Richmond deal was that he was sick and on meds that he needed to live. It in noway affected his racing. But NASCAR said it did and they kicked him out. But he falght hard to prove he done nothing wrong and he got back in. This is pretty much the same. I just wonder how many drivers NASCAR has kicked out over a false postive but the drivers did not fight it.

Should he have told them what he was on? Yes. But how many times do we go to the Dr and forget to tell them what all we have been taking? I think that would be all-most

I agree with you Lappy. I don't think he is on meth either. He looks too healthy. I think the step-mom thought she could get some money from Nascar and called them and told that story just to get money. Wouldn't it be ironic if Jeremy could prove that she in fact did kill his father after all this?

I have been doing some research on this the past few weeks and was shocked by some of the results. The national average for a false positive for methamphetamines is 2%. Initially I thought this could be the issue with Mayfield. When he tested positive the second time I changed my mind and thought he was guilty.

Then I found this. The article is lengthy so I will only post snippets. It basically stated that a single lab may "ramp" the heat of the sample up too quickly and cause a false positive. If the same lab retests an individual and follows the same procedures they will likely get another false positive. Also, the cheaper form of drug testing has closer to a 5% false positive.

The better tests, usually performed by
governmental agencies, incorporate a two-step testing procedure while
the poorer tests only use a one-step procedure. The first step, Enzyme
Multiple Immunoassay Test (EMIT), common in both procedures, can
produce what is often referred to as a false positive (a case in which
the test shows the presence of a drug, when in fact a legal chemical
is the culprit). The poorer labs stop at this point and report a
failure on a drug test. The better labs do another test using
different equipment to insure the presence of the drug. The second
step is much more accurate and is referred to as a Gas
Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS) test.

Substances that could possibly cause a false positive
- Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, propylephedrine, phenylephrine, or
desoxyephedrine
(Nyquil, Contact, Sudafed, Allerest, Tavist-D, Dimetapp, etc)
-Phenegan-D, Robitussin Cold and Flu, Vicks Nyquil
-Over-the-counter diet aids with phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim, Accutrim)
- Over-the-counter nasal sprays (Vicks inhaler, Afrin)
-Asthma medications (Marax, Bronkaid tablets, Primatine Tablets
-Prescription medications (Amfepramone, Cathne, Etafediabe,
Morazone, phendimetrazine, phenmetrazine, benzphetamine, fenfluramine,
dexfenfluramine,dexdenfluramine,Redux, mephentermine, Mesocarb,
methoxyphenamine, phentermine,amineptine, Pholedrine,
hydroymethamphetamine, Dexedrine, amifepramone,
clobenzorex,fenproyorex, mefenorex, fenelylline, Didrex,
dextroamphetamine, methphenidate, Ritalin,pemoline, Cylert,
selegiline, Deprenyl, Eldepryl, Famprofazone) Kidney infection, kidney
disease, Liver disease, diabetes. "

This one really got me thinking...

The chances of you getting a false positive depends on the quality of the laboratory that does the testing. There seems to be about 1,200 of these labs in the United States currently testing for drugs. Less than a 100 of these meet federal standards and most of the individual states do not regulate drug test labs. The number of false positives returned range from 4% to over 50%, depending on the lab.

I just had my second random drug screen this year on Wednesday and for the first time in ten years I was nervous.

It all seems to boil down to this: If you had some reason to dislike Mayfield before all this started, then he's guilty. If you think that NASCAR is an out of control juggernaut that tramples people's rights in the interest of good publicity, then Jeremy's innocent. ;)

It all seems to boil down to this: If you had some reason to dislike Mayfield before all this started, then he's guilty. If you think that NASCAR is an out of control juggernaut that tramples people's rights in the interest of good publicity, then Jeremy's innocent. ;)

I really wish this issue was that black and white for me. I do not have a dog in this fight but I do have a lot of questions. Can anyone remember the last time when NASCAR said, oops, we made a mistake?

One of three things will happen with this situation. Mayfield will win in court and be a darn wealthy man. He might even end up owning the company. NASCAR wins and no one will ever hear from Mayfield again. The entire mess gets settled out of court to avoid a black eye and Mayfield ends up a darn wealthy man.

Anyway, headed out to Baer :beerbang:field to watch the super late models run.

I don't think it's that black and white, either. I don't fit into either of those categories.

The chances of you getting a false positive depends on the quality of the laboratory that does the testing. There seems to be about 1,200 of these labs in the United States currently testing for drugs. Less than a 100 of these meet federal standards and most of the individual states do not regulate drug test labs. The number of false positives returned range from 4% to over 50%, depending on the lab.
wonder if Aegis Laboratories meets federal standards. my guess is we will find out.

wonder if Aegis Laboratories meets federal standards. my guess is we will find out.

http://www.aegislabs.com/certifications.aspx

Laboratory Licenses & Accreditations
Current Laboratory Licenses & Accreditations

US Department of Health & Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), National Laboratory Certification Program #0554
Aegis CRIMES Division: American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD-LAB) #377
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments # 44-D0709937
Medicare #3404481
Tennessee Department of Health #0000004012
New York State Department of Health #44-D0709937
State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration #800001993
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene #083359
Tennessee Board of Pharmacy #2998529
United States Drug Enforcement Administration # RB0155425

http://www.aegislabs.com/aegiscrimes.aspx
Aegis CRIMES™
(Crime Related Investigations & Medical Examiner Services)
Aegis CRIMES™, the specialty division of Aegis Sciences Corporation, provides Specialty Toxicology and Consulting services to Medical Examiners, Crime Laboratories, and Police Departments throughout the U.S. Aegis CRIMES™ is accredited by the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD -LAB #377).

thanks for the info kelloggs5tlfan :) i believe this was probably the applicable test that was run.
http://aegis.kbshost.com/test_detail.asp?id=773
Methamphetamine (ICE) - 01560U
Specimen Type: Urine
Specimen Volume: 20 mL
Specimen Handling: n/a
Test Method: GC/MS
Note: Includes Amphetamine metabolite Reporting Limit: 100 ng/mL
Critical Value: n/a
Reference Range: n/a

cutting through all the self-promotion their tests *appear* to be fairly thorough.

I think it's kinda interesting that the lab test results that they released show that both Amphetamine & Methamphetamine were not detected when Mayfield is taking Adderall for his ADHD. Adderall is an Amphetamine. I guess he is no longer taking his meds.

ADDERALL®
(amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate)

I think it's kinda interesting that the lab test results that they released show that both Amphetamine & Methamphetamine were not detected when Mayfield is taking Adderall for his ADHD. Adderall is an Amphetamine. I guess he is no longer taking his meds.

ADDERALL®
(amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate)

Maybe he discovered Straterra.

Back
Top Bottom