Michael Waltrip

JJ_14

Formerly Elliot_Fan_9
Michael Waltrip is a polarizing figure when it comes to racing. He had a long career at the top level, but only managed to get 4 wins, and they where all after he was past his prime & all of them came @ superspeedways.

That said, Waltrip has a huge fanbase. If you write something bad about Waltrip on YouTube for example, his fanbase will come to his defense.

I thought given the equipment he had, that he was one of the worst drivers ever in Nascar. However, I hadn't looked at his stats. I was wondering about his stats, thinking he may have had around 50-75 top 10's for his career. When I looked up his Wiki I was shocked! 233 top 10's!

That's quite impressive, & it tells me he was far from the worst driver ever in Nascar.

Ford 222

Team Owner
Racing-reference says something like 130+ in Cup and 100 or so in lower series. That 103 is in 70+ starts.

kkfan91

Taking a 10-200
As of the end of the 2019 season he is however the all time leader in crashes for the Cup Series

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Anyone that can survive a crash like he did and climb back in a race car is going to get respect from me no matter what his record is. Plus he was respectful to me so why wouldn't I give him the same courtesty.

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
He wasted the best years of his career driving the 30 and 21 and still almost won a race at Darlington and won the Winston. I think he would have won a few more races if he had better equipment but he wasn’t consistent enough to be a title threat (Best points finish of 12th (1994 and 1995). MW in good equipment probably has a McMurray or Sterling Marlin like career. MW the announcer on the other hand....

Top Bottom