Mikey Fan Or Not?

No question avaiable to import.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes I am,
Have been since before he drove for Earnhardt, always thought he would do good in good equipment. Still believe he has more to show.

I'm not very happy with Mikey right now.:mad: He allows one car to get a lap back but then purposely doesn't allow another car to get it's lap back. Not exactly what I would call a fair playing field. But it's all good, cause when Mikey is looking to get his lap back in the near future and the #24 car is out front. He can forget about it. Cause it ain't gonna happen.

I can hear the radio converstaion now:

#24 spotter: "Caution is out, the 15 car would like a little help"

Jeff: "#@$% him"

:D

I'm not....but my husband is...and let me tell you, my house could have hosted WWE Saturday night!!! Ding ding ding!!!:gavel:

Yet another who has conviently forgot about Sears Point two weeks ago. Jeff 7 laps down, Waltrip looking for a top 10, but does Gordon let him by. No. I think Mikey might have been remembering that to some degree. Go Mikey. I am behind you.

No, I have not forgotten that at all. It's just kinda sad when the leader of the race starts asking where the #24 car is as soon as the caution comes out and then promptly lets one car get their lap back but yet holds the #24 car down. Just doesn't seem right to me. I personally think that no one should ever get laps back. But if your going to give one guy his lap back then you should someone else who right there a lap back too. But like I said, it's all good. This will come back to hurt Mikey worse than it will help him. He'll be needing a lap back from the #24 before too long. And I'm gonna laugh when it does. And then the second time it happens, and the third.......:D

Absolutely, Us Kentuckians stick together..Get em Mikey!

I was a Mikey fan PRE DEI !

Now that Mikey is at DEI and after his actions at Talledega I'm no longer a Mikey fan!

I will never forget that Busch Wreck that Mikey had at Bristol back in the 80's! That was the worst wreck I've ever seen. The whole car came apart (even the roll cage). I am glad that Mikey walked away from that one !!!!!

I've always been a Mikey fan. :)

As far as the "unfairness" of giving the 21 a lap back and not the 24 --- I see it more as the ultimate sign of respect. They knew the 24 could kick butt if he were on the lead lap.

Personally, I don't like "giving" laps back to anyone--- regardless of who it is. If they earn it, fine. But no "giving".

I don't blame Mikey at all for not letting the Jeffy Boy back on the lead lap! Jeffy was driving a hammer that night!!!!

Thanks Paul !

You Said what I really wanted to say but I was trying to be nice today :)

LOL@Paul!

I like Mike. :) Not a great race car driver, but a funny guy.

He's particularly enjoyable on Inside Winston Cup. Although, nothing is as entertaining to me as Kenny Shrader's facial expressions on that show, not to mention his occasional jabs at Michael's camera-hogging tendencies. I hope they bring back that same panel next year (though, I doubt it).

That's all it'll take to make you happy? You're pretty low maintenance, aren't you? ;)

I think Kenny Wallace is a lot more comical than Mikey is on TV

Men are mostly always low maintenance !

The Trick is ......finding a woman that is low maintenance????

I like Mikey, mainly because he is with DEI and has some really tough luck in his career, he isn't that greatest of driver but he is Ok.

not a big fan myself, and his voice drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't Dislike Mikey,I do think he should have asked where Benson was not Gordon.He flat ran over him,granted he did admit his fault,and I admire him for that.He is doing what he has to do to keep his job.I don't think there is much arse left a DEI to kiss anymore.Jr has learned butt kissers don't pay the bills.

flyboy: I agree with you that Kenny Wallace has a better personality for t.v. He subbed for Michael today on IWC, and was pretty entertaining. Michael is somewhat self-absorbed on that show, stretching out all his sentences and hogging the spotlight. Kenny might try to give him a run for his money -- on t.v., that is.

Kenny also talked about how, when subbing in the Pennzoil car for DEI, HE "drove the pants off" that thing. I'm not positive, but it sounded like he might be trying to get that ride back from Steve Park. Not a terrible idea, I don't think. I like Steve, but he's just not cutting it in Cup. Maybe should go back to Busch for a spell, then come back.

Sorry, Paul! This no longer has anything to do with Michael Waltrip. But, then, I think you probably don't mind his absence all that much. ;)

Mikey is an unbelieveably talented driver, 12+ years in NASCAR, and 2 wins that his plate car bought him

I liked him a lot more before he became a blocker for Jr. But he is still ok. I just wish when he talked he didn't sound queerer than a football bat. I'm not saying he is, but he just talks like it. Very hard to listen to.

That's something I never understood about NASCAR.

How is it that drivers like Waltrip, Spencer etc etc that never win, even goes years without wins still have cars and jobs.

Look in any other type of motorsport and one bad season gets you your walking papers. If you don't do what you are being paid to do, you leave.

Makes me wonder if those guys are getting paid to do something else, besides win...

Paul, I've wondered about that too. If they are not paid to win, what exactly are they paid to do?

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin
Paul, I've wondered about that too. If they are not paid to win, what exactly are they paid to do?
smile and go to sponsor appearences, in most other series, sponsors put their money on the team and the car, in NASCAR, the sponsor has a lot more stake in who drives, for instance, you wouldnt want Jimmy Spencer advertising for Slim-Fast, nor would you want Kurt Busch advertising for McDonalds, or GNC bulk-up powder or Jeff Gordon advertising for Mairrage councelling, or Dale, Jr. advertising for AA, or Sterling Marlin advertising for home spanish lessons, you get the idea..:)

there's something very appealing about mikey. he's not the best driver and he certainly isn't the brightest. but it can't have been easy growing up in dw's shadow. i like mikey:)

Originally posted by 6_17_97_99

smile and go to sponsor appearences, in most other series, sponsors put their money on the team and the car, in NASCAR, the sponsor has a lot more stake in who drives, for instance, you wouldnt want Jimmy Spencer advertising for Slim-Fast, nor would you want Kurt Busch advertising for McDonalds, or GNC bulk-up powder or Jeff Gordon advertising for Mairrage councelling, or Dale, Jr. advertising for AA, or Sterling Marlin advertising for home spanish lessons, you get the idea..:)

So is NASCAR a racing series or a commercial? ;)

Been a Mikey fan for a long time now and dont see the end in the near fututre...

And it looks like the red states have the edge once again. ;)

:calpping:

Back
Top Bottom