Mikey the Road Ace? Rudd on Pole!

Originally posted by abooja
Okay, y'all (may a Yankee borrow that?) -- Let's get one thing straight: I never said I was a Michael Waltrip fan. I don't think he's a particularly good driver and, up until a few months ago, I didn't like him at all. Thought he was extremely annoying and had a feminine voice. Then I got swept up into the whole DEI teammate thing, and now I find him to be a likeable enough fellow. Colorful beats boring any day. But I still don't think he's a good driver. And I'm, quite frankly, irritated that he's doing better than Dale Jr.  

What part of this made you think I was amazed with Michael, Paul?

P.S. I think Dave Blaney is 20x the driver Michael Waltrip is. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh oh.........talk about hostility!! Slow down girl!:) It's just a message board. I like Mikey.........and I admit that I've been somewhat amazed at his progress. You'll never get me tell you he's the best driver out there........but you'll also find me defending him when someone says he's the worst too. He's okay and I see improvement. 9th place for Mikey at a roadcourse is pretty good!:)

Sorry, DE. It most certainly wasn't directed your way. :eek:

Guess I got a little bit of that disease that Tony has.

Originally posted by abooja
Sorry, DE. It most certainly wasn't directed your way. :eek:

Guess I got a little bit of that disease that Tony has.

Okay.........no 50 grand fine and probation this time!!:D

What's to be amazed about. If you are a fan of the driver, you pull for that driver for one reason or another. A lot of people seem to like Michael's personality, while some just think he's a goof. But it wasn't easy getting where he is now, and he continues to show promise.

I don't understand why some people are so disgusted by his increase in popularity. I've been a fan for him for years, even when his career was struggling, and now that he's running well, people are paying more attention to him.

Originally posted by rpmallen
What's to be amazed about. If you are a fan of the driver, you pull for that driver for one reason or another. A lot of people seem to like Michael's personality, while some just think he's a goof. But it wasn't easy getting where he is now, and he continues to show promise.  

I don't understand why some people are so disgusted by his increase in popularity. I've been a fan for him for years, even when his career was struggling, and now that he's running well, people are paying more attention to him.

My sentiments almost exactly rpm......only I'm not a Mikey fan. I like him for his humor and his moments of brilliance on the track. He's an above average racer in my opinion and does not deserve some of the ridicule he gets because he just isn't the best!! Only a very few reach that status in any sport.......doesn't mean he's a "goof".

Back
Top Bottom