Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

Trying to watch it. Quite possibly the worst production of any racing event I’ve ever seen which is a shame with a 50ish field of good quality cars competing on an excellent race track.

No ticker, no times, no results posted onscreen or online. And blessed with sudden intrusive blasts of rock music that completely drown out the shrieking announce team. Pathetic.

Ticker finally appears, half the names missing and never appear.

Dam, never been a fan of the 305's, but I wanted to see how Kaylee would do.
She’s up next … on the pole in B # 2.

And the music fires up again. 😎

Bad flip, driver mercifully ok.

Catch fence and guard rail not so much. Needs fixed including wooden posts … guy shows up with a post hole digger. Cue the music.

Jeezus … the so-called music is just grim.

Flo’s amateur roots on full display tonight. Somebody should be fired for this debacle. We pay for this streaming “service”.

Bryson wins B # 2 from the front row, transfers to the back of the feature.

Big wreck on lap 1 of the 20 lap feature.

20 lap feature???

Belleville 305 Nationals. Tonight and Saturday night on Flo …

Night # 2

Timing and scoring gone again. No race lineups. No ticker. The announcer read out all 40 qualifying times taken from 4 ten car hot lap sessions. Bryson second quick in group 4 … much better than last night.

Highlight? They figured out how to turn the volume down on the music.

We take the instant availability of accurate information for granted.

Absent anything printed to post, Bryson finished third in heat # 4, transfers to the feature. Looks decent out there.

A Main time.

Finally. Watching this “event” has been an endurance test.

And a 5th or 6th place finish for her … hard to know with no scoring and brutal camera work completely disconnected from the announcing. She did a good job.

A stupefying end to this disaster … the announcers gushed over the guy who appeared onscreen to have won the race and then the officials decided that timing and scoring had it wrong and gave the win to the guy who finished behind him.

Pathetic doesn’t adequately describe it.

Sunshine wins the Knoxville 360 Nationals over Emerson Axsom and Austin McCarl. Courtney and the BC7 team have put a lot of focus on Knoxville and look set up for a strong showing at the 410 Nationals next week.

82 410 cars for the Capitani Classic at Knoxville. Nearly an entire Nationals field racing in one night. Not WoO sanctioned (but they're all allowed to be there :D), different format. Heats underway now.

Rico wins comfortably and looks like he is among the favorites. Following are Gio Scelzi, Carson Macedo, Daryn Pittman (great to see him again), and Brad Sweet.

The Front Row Challenge at Oskaloosa is on Flo now. Only 24 cars, most saving their stuff for the Nationals, but the field that is there is strong: Larson, Sweet, Macedo, Day, Kofoid, McFadden among them.

“Wednesday night’s National Pavement Midget event is race three of the four-race series held at IRP. Jake Trainor won the opener during Carb Night on Memorial Day weekend, while Kody Swanson won Thursday Night Thunder on June 27. A champion will be decided on Saturday, October 19 as part of Championship Saturday.

All four Midget races count towards the track’s overall AJ Foyt Championship, as do the 500 Sprint Car Tour championship race in October and both USAC Silver Crown races. The recently-retired Tanner Swanson is the reigning AJ Foyt champion.

Practice is set to begin at 6:00pm Wednesday night, with qualifying at 7:45 and racing to begin just after 8:00.

Fans unable to make it out to the Indianapolis oval will be able to watch the race live on FloRacing.”

Showing it at 5 my time central on Flo. I have never been impressed with midgets on pavement. But...It's Wednesday, 100 degrees outside and and at IRP. Nothing on my dance card for this evening. Let's go. :punkrocke

Showing it at 5 my time central on Flo. I have never been impressed with midgets on pavement. But...It's Wednesday, 100 degrees outside and and at IRP. Nothing on my dance card for this evening. Let's go. :punkrocke
It’s a strange program.

Looks like 3 different categories with about 10 cars in each … Focus midgets, National midgets and “All Stars” and the speeds are all pretty much the same.

“Munchkin Mike” Fedorcak is there looking like a wild man.

I haven't been paying attention. The last chapter of my book has pulled me in. I still haven't changed my opinion on pavement midgets. I noticed Seavey looks to be doing well.

You haven’t missed much. Qualifying is over and they just decided to reverse the order of the “features” with the All Stars now going first.

And … just announced that Jake Trainor and Kaylee Bryson will be switching cars. After qualifying. But they’ll keep their starting positions. LOL

I’m sure the 47 people in the grandstand are as confused as I am.

Back
Top Bottom