Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

J.J Yeley enjoying getting to do some competitive racing

Yeah ... the little red flag doesn’t get it done.

Selfishly I wish it were part of the FastPass, or I at least hope they will combine several high profile weekly tracks into a package.
I mean I'm close enough I can drive there every week if I wanted to.

Knoxville, Attica, and the Grove WILL be included in the Fast Pass. This is so much more content than what was included in previous years.

IMG_20200314_133011.jpg

Lincoln, Port Royal, Williams Grove all still running today and tomorrow

Lincoln, Port Royal, Williams Grove all still running today and tomorrow
These PA Posse events last weekend might be the last for a while. All three tracks have cancelled racing for this weekend...

These PA Posse events last weekend might be the last for a while. All three tracks have cancelled racing for this weekend...

Yeah the governor said he wouldn't force them to close, but it seems the tracks thought better of it. I think theres just 1 track that hasn't announced its closed right now.

I think we just found out how Pennsylvania feels about racing this weekend.

And Path Valley just announced they are closed after the governor said no non-essential businesses could be open.

South Dakota Gov wouldn't order their citizens to shelter in place and she is catching hell about it from the press.

Port Royal has suspended the season until further notice, up until now they have just been cancelling each week.

Schrader and Kenny Wallace came. 1st race with fans in the stands.

Are you talking about the Park Jefferson race? Yeah Schrader and Wallace were there.
It wasn’t the 1st race with fans. They sold 700 tickets to fans and then a couple days before the race changed it to no fans allowed and refunded everyone.
The biggest race this weekend that is allowing fans as far as I can tell is at Boyd’s speedway in Ringgold GA. Unsanctioned $5,000 to win super late models, fans are allowed

Are you talking about the Park Jefferson race? Yeah Schrader and Wallace were there.
It wasn’t the 1st race with fans. They sold 700 tickets to fans and then a couple days before the race changed it to no fans allowed and refunded everyone.
The biggest race this weekend that is allowing fans as far as I can tell is at Boyd’s speedway in Ringgold GA. Unsanctioned $5,000 to win super late models, fans are allowed
not true according to Mccarl who promoted the race. It's in the tweet what they did.

not true according to Mccarl who promoted the race. It's in the tweet what they did.
I can’t watch the video now, so Idk but the 700 people who bought tickets weren’t allowed to go. crew members were in the stands, no normal fans like people on this forum.

I can’t watch the video now, so Idk but the 700 people who bought tickets weren’t allowed to go. crew members were in the stands, no normal fans like people on this forum.
not true, more fake news. Mccarl said they were approved for 900 fans but they went even more conservative with 700 at the track that can seat over 4,000 people.

not true, more fake news. Mccarl said they were approved for 900 fans but they went even more conservative with 700 at the track that can seat over 4,000 people.
There is plenty of fake news out there, but I don’t think this is...
Here is the announcement from the tracks website mentioning the governor asked them to not allow fans and the refunds

Yeah I listened harder to McCarl's tweet. I apologize, he said at the last minute they dropped the fans to take the pressure off of the governor.

Yeah I listened harder to McCarl's tweet. I apologize, he said at the last minute they dropped the fans to take the pressure off of the governor.
No worries, I couldn’t listen as it’s midnight where I am and someone else is sleeping nearby... could only go by what I heard before, not the new tweet video.
Anyway, sounds like a lot of tracks in Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and possibly others will be racing with fans this weekend and next weekend.. hopefully those go well and places in most states (at least the red states for now..) can start opening more events to fans!

Greenwood Valley Action Tracks a 1/5 mile in Pa for Micros seems to be the first in the state to try to reopen next weekend with fans

Back
Top Bottom