Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

17 year old Cannon McIntosh is going to be pure hell come Chili Bowl time.

he won this one in late May

Cannon McIntosh Notches First POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget League Victory
Won this one last night

Enjoyed Lincoln last night. Sprints ran double heat races with a complete inversion from the original draw. Points were awarded based on starting and finishing position in the heats. This encouraged more passing. The feature was then lined up by a redraw of the top six in points. I am not sure I ever saw this format before. Rhamer got the pole and led every lap, but there was still some exciting times and he occasionally was challenged by Montieth. Dietz did this 360 and impressively maintained position.

This gives Flo even more content. SpeedShift had a lot of notable weekly tracks.

Amber Balcaen in Flea Ruzic's Team Ripper midget.

1592859190919.png

Nah I think the Posse puts up a stronger fight then the midget guys in Indiana. Kicks off tonight at Williams Grove. Think I'll hit Grandview tuesday and maybe Hagerstown Thursday

Lance Deweaae wins night one, Larson was charging but had to settle for second.

Night 2 is at Lincoln

Holy **** what a badass race. Danny Dietrich ran Larson down after Larson led most of the way, and won the race. Great hard battle between those two and Dewease for the last 10+ laps.

Danny has been having a great year at Lincoln, but hadn't won there since the Ice Breaker I believe, I mean he is a former track champion there.

Wow! Best sprint car race I have seen in a long time. Thought Larson was gonna run away with it at first. Anyone wants to stop by I will be here till Tuesday morning on the west side of the track. It's an Arctic Fox 5th wheel.

Christopher Bell is at Lincoln now that the Pocono weekend is over, I decided to drove out to Lincoln tonight to watch

42 cars tonight

Rico wins!, Larsons weakest race by far kept hitting the wall right in front of me. And Ryan Smith pulled a great slider on him. Deitrich finished right behind Larson.

Heres turn 4 they were right on it no cushion left
20200629_220332.jpg

Yep, field was even deeper tonight, glad to see Rico win after knocking on the door recently, and C-Bell with a good run as well.

Going to be deep at Grandview tomorrow too, my personal favorite track, all the outsiders will be there it sounds like, Bell won there last year over James McFadden

Some video I took during hot laps tonight, mostly follows Danny Deitrich.

Some video I took during hot laps tonight, mostly follows Danny Deitrich.
It looks like everyone is having fun. It also looks like Pennsylvania is pretty lax about wearing a mask...or at least at that track.

Rico wire to wire. Larson backed into the wall in turn 4 and that slowed him down a bit it looked like. Not much of a Larson lane up topthat race. Good to see Bell out there
PA Speedweek 410 Sprint Car Feature | Lincoln Speedway 6.29.2020

It looks like everyone is having fun. It also looks like Pennsylvania is pretty lax about wearing a mask...or at least at that track.
Down in the pits after the race no drivers were wearing masks while signing autographs and posing with fans for pictures. They came up to interview Bell and before they start he runs in the hauler and grabs a mask. After the interview it was removed.
By the way, that is Dale Blaney in the white t shirt.
20200630_083405.jpg
20200630_083405.jpg

Had a little rain at Grandview, and I think we will have some more in about 10 minutes, but I don't think it will effect the race from happening.

This field might be deeper then last night we added Lance Dewease back in going for career win 100. I think I saw Tim Schaffer

I was curious why after running up front the first couple days, he wasn't there.
As a team they really pick and choose and I can't follow the logic behind it.

They can only race as hard as davey brown can go. I think hes 86 years old and still an integral part of the 69K. If Davey doesnt go, they dont go.

358 NASCAR Mods have the mud flying lol
20200630_185329.jpg

Back
Top Bottom