Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

Oh and Larson won the 2nd feature

Look down at the bottom of the wall in turn 3. It looks like a concrete curb bumper is laying down there. Sheesh.

New track being built

Bryan Hulbert – TULSA, Okla. (December 15, 2020) Shaking up the lineup of Qualifying Night sponsors at the 35th running of the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire, Wednesday night has a new title sponsor as Indiana’s newest dirt oval will take over naming rights for the mid-week showdown.
Under construction in Marion County, Indiana, Circle City Raceway will grace the top of Wednesday night’s bill. More than just a new track, Circle City Raceway brings a lot to bear as the latest edition to Indiana’s dirt track history is partly the product of long time Indy Car owner, Jonathan Byrd.

I kinda wish this were non-winged, which would be more in line with the location and tradition of Thunder, but still very cool. More new big money winged sprint shows.

Kerry Madsen is apparently coming to race in PA next year taking over the ride Lucas Wolfe has been in.

I'm currently at Western Springs for racing tonight. Had to laugh at this number 19

Attachments

• 20201226_171833.jpg
    20201226_171833.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 116
^^ Third race @ the 12:30 mark with Kevin Thomas Jr's late entry and Chase Cabre. Pretty good race

The 600cc wing class. The Girl in the 4F car took a nasty tumble after crossing the line. Race 89 of 99 the track is holding up nice.

I like micros so much

C.Bell "stock wing" class...won it

C.Bell "Outlaw non-wing class" won it

C.Bell "Outlaw wing class" heat
looks like 4th

I don't know who was driving the first place car ahead of Courtney until he got by him, but that is how grudges are made.

I ended up doing a month of flo racing to get the chili bowl stuff and this tulsa shootout. 150 for a year of flo racing is a steal, I believe the racinboys was charging that just for the chili bowl the past few years.

so i think iam getting old.please help,i follow the chili bowl every year,but i only hear very little about the tulsa shootout.is it raced in the same place?do they give the golden drillers for both races.are they promoted buy the same people?anything else i should know? thanks brad

Back
Top Bottom