Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

Brian Carber came in 2nd in the Winged Outlaw class. Controversial restart call. They docked him two positions for jumping the start. Mitchel Moles takes the win and the third Golden Driller.

so i think iam getting old.please help,i follow the chili bowl every year,but i only hear very little about the tulsa shootout.is it raced in the same place?do they give the golden drillers for both races.are they promoted buy the same people?anything else i should know? thanks brad
Same track, the Chili Bowl is for midgets, the Tulsa Shootout is for the various different classes of Micro Sprints, which of you are unfamiliar are basically smaller sprint cars both winged and nonwinged that basically run motorcycle engines.

Same track, the Chili Bowl is for midgets, the Tulsa Shootout is for the various different classes of Micro Sprints, which of you are unfamiliar are basically smaller sprint cars both winged and nonwinged that basically run motorcycle engines.
thank you. brad

Yeah thanks, me too, I know very little about this bunch. I know Winged Outlaw is the top class out of all of them, and I would guess the Non-Winged Outlaw would be the next class. They look fun as hell to race and wouldn't be super expensive to do. I know around here at Hahn's track and Port City with a new owner Shane Stewart(yea) these classes draw a big field.

Yeah thanks, me too, I know very little about this bunch. I know Winged Outlaw is the top class out of all of them, and I would guess the Non-Winged Outlaw would be the next class. They look fun as hell to race and wouldn't be super expensive to do. I know around here at Hahn's track and Port City with a new owner Shane Stewart(yea) these classes draw a big field.
Yeah they are cheaper then the full size ones so a lot of tracks here run them. You can get a used one for about 6 grand.

Back at Western Springs on a hot night!

Attachments

• IMG-9edf75946826ccac0e8a9e9f080d94f7-V.jpg
    IMG-9edf75946826ccac0e8a9e9f080d94f7-V.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
This is confusing

Rico’s way of saying he ran like crap in the A Main on Saturday night.

Another vague tweet by Rico. To those who don't follow too closely, the 57 car and owner is what and who Kyle Larson drove for last year. I'm more concerned with what Larson is doing with his sprint car program myself. I guess time will clear up the confusion.

Good race. How much winged racing is Kofoid going to do this year? That is impressive to spank that field. That looked to be the car that CJ Leary drove last year in USAC competition. Fierce battle between Schatz and Macedo for second.

That debris caution hurt Schatz I think his experience would of gotten him past Kofoid if they remained in traffic

That was highly entertaining, wasn’t it?

Kofoid is so smooth. He makes riding that bull look easy.

I must say I'm surprised Lance Dewease out of all the Posse guys is the only one who hauled out, I mean heck he doesn't even run all of PA Speedweek

I think we'll be seeing a lot of Buddy this year all over the place, especially if he keeps driving like he did last night.

That debris caution hurt Schatz I think his experience would of gotten him past Kofoid if they remained in traffic

Schatz made up a bunch of ground on the bottom, but once Kofoid found it, he looked better again. Schatz got tight and couldn't make the very bottom work toward the end.

That was highly entertaining, wasn’t it?

Kofoid is so smooth. He makes riding that bull look easy.
He is definitely improving. I really like the kid. A while back I saw him lose a couple races running a bit over his head. Watching these young uns improve with experience is really cool.

By the way, I think Buddy gets a shot in a truck.

I honestly hope he has no interest and wants to be a WoO driver, but it'll be hard to turn down the opportunity if it's there.

He looks just as fast tonight.

Back
Top Bottom