Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

I didn't realize they were racing early tonight in AZ, had to back the stream up and watch the feature. That was a fun battle between Kofoid and Eliason while it lasted, but Kofoid was the class of the field by far. Surprised to see Schatz struggling after he looked so fast last night. Rico was fast.

Pretty remarkable for a USAC team and a driver with little national winged 410 experience to dominate an event like this across multiple nights.

Two at once for the lead.

It was like watching a Larson pass.

How about Tony Stewart back in victory lane in a 410 sprint car? He looks healthier than he has maybe ever, and gave it a nice drive. Dominic Scelzi almost ran him down at the end, but he held on. Kofoid was not quite as strong and pulled off with a mechanical failure during the race.

Watching some racing from New Zealand on Flo, wingless 6 cyl sprints and what they call modified sprints which I think are equivalent of micros.

In the modifieds tonight at Volusia, second heat was a 00 listed as Buzzie Reutimann. Does anybody know if this is the old Buzzie? I would think he is pretty old to be racing again.

Icebreaker at Lincoln pushed back a week due to forecast. We are getting 5-8 inches of snow Thursday and friday

Watched a 360 race from California tonight, Shane Golobic (I probably butchered that) beat Macedo. But we may want to remember this kids name. Joel Myers Jr, 14 years old won the dash and may have been quick time over a lot of guys with more experience.

Heading to Western Springs on Saturday for NZ Midget Championship qualifying. Main is on Sunday but am busy that day.

Will be watching on Flo.

NZ Sidecars at Oreti Park tomorrow nite.

CJ Leary and Alex Bowman will climb into the winged 410 this year and Josh Wise will be in the midget

Heading to Western Springs on Saturday for NZ Midget Championship qualifying. Main is on Sunday but am busy that day.

Here now. Not many people.... 45 minutes until it starts but not a big crowd. I guess because the Midget Championship is decided tomoro. We just say down and the wife got us VIP seating.
Just went to the restroom before being seated and ran into Michael Pickens washing his hands. I wished him luck. 😊
20210227_171145.jpg

Here now. Not many people.... 45 minutes until it starts but not a big crowd. I guess because the Midget Championship is decided tomoro. We just say down and the wife got us VIP seating.
Just went to the restroom before being seated and ran into Michael Pickens washing his hands. I wished him luck. 😊
View attachment 54244
Did ya show him your picture of Christopher Nell? ;)

Pickens victory sit spin was pretty impressive. I wanted to see him pop out of the thing to see if he could walk a straight line.

Back
Top Bottom