Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

Icebreaker at Lincoln looks good to go here today, I have to work but it's on Flo at 4

FB_IMG_1614456722562.jpg

Should be interesting the bigger names all start 11th or worse. Slightly annoying that when I went last year they took all day now the feature is ruling off at 5:15 after starting at 4

Track was real muddy apparently the reason Dietrich and possibly Rahmer pulled in so they wouldn't tear stuff up

Tim Schaffer wins today at Lincoln, Port Royal Opener tomorrow pushed back due to cold temps

Danny Dietrich wins a wild one at Lincoln going 15th to 1st for his first win of the year

Freddie Rahmer started on pole but after a spin restarted the race this happened on the second start. In total 12 cars were involved. Freddie climbed out ok.

Some central PA highlights from a Saturday afternoon

Lance Dewease takes the season opener at Port Royal.

As said Double D takes it at Lincoln

Williams Grove opener is tomorrow

Tip for annual Flo subscribers: if you go to your subscription settings

and select that you want to cancel your yearly subscription, whenever it expires, and choose "Too expensive" as the reason, it will offer you another year for $120, billed on the expiration date. I've done this now for the last two years, and voila, $10 a month.

Racing luck is the same as always a day after flipping off the pole Freddie Rahmer led every lap to win the Williams Grove Opener

How very charitable of you, Kevin.

Perhaps a series of anger management control courses is in order. It's not like you don't have the time.

I think Buddy's career path is going to look a lot like Christopher Bell's.

Planning on making my first trip to Williams Grove Friday night, and my brother's first dirt race. 410s, USAC East coast wingless 360s and PASS IMCA 305s on the card. Williams Grove is the last major central PA track I haven't made it too for sprint cars.

Planning on making my first trip to Williams Grove Friday night...
Cool. Very cool. It's been a while since I was there, but I lived nearby in 1971 (yikes - 50 years ago), and have been back numerous times since. I always get a sense of "the holy grail" when walking into Williams Grove... exactly the same feeling as when I've been to Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I'm sure I'll feel that same vibe when I finally get to Darlington some day.

Hope you have a great time Friday!

And canceled for cold :mad:

And canceled for cold :mad:

That sucks. Here we are in the midwest with unseasonably warm 70s and 80s weather this weekend and next week. I'm going to be checking out weekly racing at I-80 Speedway this weekend, near my new home in Omaha. It's mostly a late model track (owned by local late model legend Joe Kosiski), but has 360 sprints on the card for this weekend too.

That sucks. Here we are in the midwest with unseasonably warm 70s and 80s weather this weekend and next week. I'm going to be checking out weekly racing at I-80 Speedway this weekend, near my new home in Omaha. It's mostly a late model track (owned by local late model legend Joe Kosiski), but has 360 sprints on the card for this weekend too.
Even my backup plan for Big Blocks at Big Diamond was canceled for cold

I watched that as well. I've always wanted to catch a race at Chico, I'll have to put Ocean on the list now also. Cool place.

Side note, but I thought Shane Golobic followed a tour? (WoO or the All stars)
He's not full time anywhere as far as I know. Neat track but I question the safety of having a grader sitting on the outside of turn 3 and 4

If anyone wants a race to watch tomorrow Bridgeport in New Jersey is having their Posse Invasion. It's on Flo will be the first race for 410s at the track since they reconfigured before last year

I'm excited for the Outlaw race in Bridgeport after tonight the 2019 race on the 3/8ths mile was one of the best that year and this new 4/10ths is wide and fast

Great race with Kerry Madsen taking the win over Tim Schaffer. Can't wait for the Outlaws next month

Should be good for both sides. Pittman can run part-time in a quality ride, and the Kevin Swindell gets a highly capable veteran driver.

Ah it's been a while first race since last July. Airport Speedway in New Castle Delaware 4 classes of micros including the main event a 50 lap race for 600s
20210410_175216.jpg

Danny Dietrich apparently attempting a double today finished 4th at Port Royal and allegedly just pulled into Lincoln in time for heats, that's an hour and a half drive and he apparently drove the rig in his fire suit

Back
Top Bottom