Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

A fast gun came to town

Kyle Larson vs. PA Posse at Port Royal | 410 Sprint Car Feature | 2021 PA Speedweek​

20210701_161402.jpg

Went 10 minutes down the road from Road America to hit the Plymouth Dirt Track, Chase Briscoe is supposed to be running. 410s and 360s
20210701_161406.jpg

They've been fighting bumps and holes and ruts all night and I can't imagine the grader getting stuck and spinning itself into the dirt in turn 1 will help

This rut in turn 1 has wrecked about 4 different cars this IRA feature is taking forever because of it

The North Pole Nightmare does what he does and wins an IRA race

Is this a Midwest thing? I've never seen Delware restarts in sprint cars but that's what this 360 race is doing
20210701_223531.jpg

Not really, very rare in sprints. Did the IRA do them? I'm a fan of Delaware restarts, but rarely see them outside of late models.
No IRA was the usual double file before half way and then cone rule. I think the 360s were MSA or MSCA something like that

Brent Marks wins the Pa speedweek finale at Selinsgrove, but it's not enough to overcome the consistency of Danny Dietrich who despite not winning finished in the top 4 in all but 1 race and that's enough to beat Marks wins by 24 points. Double D's second speedweek title and first since 2016

Brent Marks wins the Pa speedweek finale at Selinsgrove, but it's not enough to overcome the consistency of Danny Dietrich who despite not winning finished in the top 4 in all but 1 race and that's enough to beat Marks wins by 24 points. Double D's second speedweek title and first since 2016
I have seen a lot of sprint car racing around the country. The quality and depth of the fields and the tracks in PA is unparalleled anywhere else. And as a ex Ohioan, this is difficult to acknowledge.

This could be interesting, Macri is someone who I think could contend if he went out with a tour, would need to improve at bullrings but he is fast on the big tracks.

Those are some very good hands to be passing it to. It wasn't long ago that Beitler was promoting Skagit, Grays Harbor, and I believe he was involved with Willamette Speedway too. All three tracks are still alive, so that's good for PNW dirt fans.

We will return to our regularly scheduled programming shortly.

David Gravel wins the Capitani Classic at Knoxville, in front of Cory Eliason, Donny Schatz, Kerry Madsen, and Sheldon Haudenschild. This is not a WoO sanctioned race, but they were all there, along with most of the ASCoC and top locals. Over 60 cars in the prelude to the Knoxville Nationals coming up this week.

Tonight FloRacing has the Front Row Challenge at Oskaloosa, IA, with Kyle Larson and many other top teams that will be running the Nationals in competition.

Can't believe that more of the top guys didn't drive down the road for $21,000 to win, but it's still a solid feature field. Going green now.

Larson made that look pretty easy overall, until Brian Brown gave him a hell of a run on the final restart.

1. Kyle Larson
2. Brian Brown
3. Carson Macedo
4. Anthony Macri
5. Kasey Kahne

Great race. Larson had a time passing Kahne, and he shot the gap between Pitman and Brown in turn 2 for the lead. Brown came back at him and they went side by side playing chicken, balls of steel, into turn three

Kyle Larson Goes To War Against Brian Brown | 26th Annual Front Row Challenge​

That was a very, very poorly considered move by Carson Macedo that caused that wreck at Knoxville. I hope McMahon is able to get healthy and well again to race.

Went to Clyde Martin Memorial Speedway tonight for micros. Being here in person I understand how Logan Seavy drove his midget up the fence cushion really builds up on the wall.

Fun fun little track the line against the wall is crazy but fast. Well run show too they ran 7 features tonight 3 bring made up from last month started about 6 out of the track by 10:15
20210821_203547.jpg

Back
Top Bottom