MLB 2016

I dont know. I didn't see it.

Just checked the standing and so they were up 3 games on the Orioles.

I dont know. I didn't see it.

Just checked the standing and so they were up 3 games on the Orioles.

It was back and forth all game. Orioles got the lead, Red Sox answered and took the lead. Went on like that until the Os blew it open in the bottom of the 7th.

The Indians Marlon Byrd was suspended 162 games for a second failed drug test for performance enhancing drugs. At age 38, his career is now over and not how he wanted to go out. He took a gamble that the drugs would help him play better and earn some more money and play a little longer. Hard to tell if it worked or not.

Mediocre, honestly. The pitching is not bad but the offense is legitimately one of the worst in all of baseball. New York needs some young blood.

That other ragged New York team is doing alright, I hear. ;)

I wonder if Jacoby Ellsbury regrets signing with that raging dumpster fire yet.
At least he already got a couple of titles. He's being wasted here but at least he's already got rings, or else that would really be awful.

He's one of the two or three guys on the team actually doing anything at the plate. Most of the team is just downright pathetic. There are actually only two guys with enough plate appearances to be eligible for hitting stats batting over .260.

Don't look now but the Cleveland Indians are back in first place. Who'da thunk it?

They have great starting pitching, although it has underperformed a little so far this year, due in part to an injury to Carlos Carrasco who would be an ace on many staffs in MLB. Carrasco is now back and their hitting is overachieving, especially in light of the fact that their best hitter, Michael Brantley has played only 13 games due to complications from off season shoulder surgery. They are somehow third in the league in scoring despite their refusal to spend any real money on improving their offense dramatically. So far Mike Napoli and Rajai Davis have produced pretty well even though they aren't hitting for average, they are hitting in the clutch.

Yordano Ventura is such a thug POS. Orioles won the fight where it counted -- with four homers and nine runs in their beatdown of the Royals.

sweep1.png

Yordano Ventura is such a thug POS. Orioles won the fight where it counted -- with four homers and nine runs in their beatdown of the Royals.
Ventura has some serious 'tude issues. A big suspension for the second year in a row, and the last one came after his third skirmish of 2015.

Ventura has some serious 'tude issues. A big suspension for the second year in a row, and the last one came after his third skirmish of 2015.

I can't believe he only got nine games. Especially given his history. And that pitch that hit Manny was the third time in the game he tried to hit him with a pitch.

Even last year, the Royals were totally heel. I'll root for the Yankees and Red Sox before I root for the Royals anymore.

Pretty sure we used up all our runs for the month of July tonight.. But I loved it.

The Indians won a franchise record 14 in a row, but then got beat two in a row in Toronto, including 17-1 yesterday (Sunday).

Not that the Yankees or Rays are contending for the playoffs but I'm glad the AL won the All-Star Game as usual.

Not that the Yankees or Rays are contending for the playoffs but I'm glad the AL won the All-Star Game as usual.

I think its very lame that the All Star game is the determining factor on who gets home court advantage in the World Series.

It works for me, but still, winning the most games overall between the remaining two last teams should determine who gets homecourt.

Andrew Miller...dealt.
Aroldis Chapman...dealt.

Yanks doing what they need to do. I can only hope they deal Beltran and McCann too.

That said, I'm going to miss Andrew Miller, and to a lesser extent Chapman. Miller seems like a good guy, a great teammate, and he's a great pitcher. It's just too bad we're ****. Having the best bullpen in baseball was the only thing this season has been worth watching for. At this point in the season the Yanks are usually the ones making acquisitions but it really is time to rebuild in New York.

That said, I'm going to miss Andrew Miller, and to a lesser extent Chapman. Miller seems like a good guy, a great teammate, and he's a great pitcher. It's just too bad we're sh!t. Having the best bullpen in baseball was the only thing this season has been worth watching for. At this point in the season the Yanks are usually the ones making acquisitions but it really is time to rebuild in New York.
I agree that it seemed like it was certainly the time to rebuild. As a Cleveland Indians fan I can say that I'm glad to have Andrew Miller, but you guys got one hell of a player in Clint Frazier in the deal. That kid could be a consistent 30hr/yr outfielder for you for years to come.

Yankees have snuck back into contention since they dropped the old fogeys and started giving the prospects playing time. Judge and Austin hitting back-to-back home runs in their first career at-bats a few weeks ago was freaking incredible.

As a cubs fan, I know this season will ultimately end up in heartbreak, but I can't stop myself from getting excited and thinking this is really the year

Damn @FLRacingFan what the hell happened?

Was watching the sox/Yankees game last night and had to turn it off because they were getting owned and Sox still won? Apparently they lead all games they played and lost anyways.

I really should start paying attention to baseball now. lol

@AndyMarquisLive You have also felt the sting of the angry bloody sox. :pbjtime:

Sox just need to hold on for a week and they'll be set.

Damn @FLRacingFan what the hell happened?

Was watching the sox/Yankees game last night and had to turn it off because they were getting owned and Sox still won? Apparently they lead all games they played and lost anyways.

I really should start paying attention to baseball now. lol
Red Sox came back every single game. First time Boston swept us in a four-game series since 1990 I believe.

Sucks, but the fact we even made it into playoff contention after being **** for most of the season is pretty admirable. We have a lot of good young guys on the team now; if we keep developing people through the farm system and make a couple of key veteran acquisitions we'll be really good down the road.

Baltimore was bad in July and August and never came back from it.

If the Orioles don't make it, I hope the Cubs win it all. Boston is dangerous though.

Red Sox came back every single game. First time Boston swept us in a four-game series since 1990 I believe.

Sucks, but the fact we even made it into playoff contention after being sh!t for most of the season is pretty admirable. We have a lot of good young guys on the team now; if we keep developing people through the farm system and make a couple of key veteran acquisitions we'll be really good down the road.

Gary Sanchez is going to be dangerous next year. The Yankees are a couple of key moves away from being a contender again.

After the Steinbrenner "BUY ALL THE TALENT" phase of the 90s and 00s, it's weird seeing them develop young talent again.

Back
Top Bottom