MLB 2021

Well the Phillies got the w over Atlanta on a 10th inning walk off

Every year I try to keep up with baseball like I used to but I always lose interest about a month in. I used to be a diehard Braves fan, hopefully they can repeat last year’s success.

https___thebaltimorewire.com_files_2016_06_oriole-bird-mlb-oakland-athletics-baltimore-orioles.jpg

Every year I try to keep up with baseball like I used to but I always lose interest about a month in. I used to be a diehard Braves fan, hopefully they can repeat last year’s success.

My interest is pretty low because I can't get the Orioles games. There is literally no legal streaming option. In order to watch, I either have to pay $200/month for DIRECTV (nope) or get Spectrum TV at $160 month to watch in SD (also nope). I'm not spending anywhere near that kind of money to watch a losing baseball team.

I would stay clear of the Braves unless you like having your heart crushed every year.

My interest is pretty low because I can't get the Orioles games. There is literally no legal streaming option. In order to watch, I either have to pay $200/month for DIRECTV (nope) or get Spectrum TV at $160 month to watch in SD (also nope). I'm not spending anywhere near that kind of money to watch a losing baseball team.

The archaic blackout restrictions are a real impediment to modern fandom, and should change. The number of people who are interested in streaming their local team's games, but would be compelled to attend in person if they can't do so is nearly nonexistent. Streaming vs. live attendance are two entirely different levels of interest. The teams are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

The archaic blackout restrictions are a real impediment to modern fandom, and should change. The number of people who are interested in streaming their local team's games, but would be compelled to attend in person if they can't do so is nearly nonexistent. Streaming vs. live attendance are two entirely different levels of interest. The teams are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I mean, OPACY is six hours away. The ability to stream the game wouldn't be why I don't go to games. The fact that OPACY is six hours away is why I don't go to the games.

dang braves...not a great way to start the season 0-3.

Offense looked horrible.

It’s absurd that with every regional sport in play now Sinclair still can’t reach an agreement for their new Bally networks with any of the streaming services.

I buy mlb tv because I'm a cubs fan and live in Michigan which works nice. But if I was a tiger fan I'd be screwed because they get blacked out and youtubetv drolled Fox Sports Detroit and I live 5 hours from Detroit. Just dumb.

Being the only undefeated team in the NL through 4 I'll take it. With a not garbage pen the Phil's might be ok

Hard to believe that MLB is continuing with the Little League rules of having a runner on second to start an extra inning along with double header games only going 7 innings.

good grief

I was watching the game when Rodon lost the perfect game with one out in the ninth when he hit a Cleveland batter in the foot with a hard slider.

Tough break but he hung on to get the no-no.

With the proliferation of inter-league games in MLB, does it really make sense to keep separate player statistics (i.e. hits, home runs, ERA, etc.) for each league ?

IMO, combining the stats, as well as eliminating the league designations and just calling them conferences (ala the NFL), is way overdue.

With the proliferation of inter-league games in MLB, does it really make sense to keep separate player statistics (i.e. hits, home runs, ERA, etc.) for each league ?

IMO, combining the stats, as well as eliminating the league designations and just calling them conferences (ala the NFL), is way overdue.
I think 20 interleague games relative to the overall schedule is still a pretty small chunk compared to what other sports do. I still think it should generally be easier for an NL pitcher to have a lower ERA and more strikeouts than an AL pitcher, for instance. In that sense I think having separate Cy Youngs and MVPs is still a good thing.

I think 20 interleague games relative to the overall schedule is still a pretty small chunk compared to what other sports do. I still think it should generally be easier for an NL pitcher to have a lower ERA and more strikeouts than an AL pitcher, for instance. In that sense I think having separate Cy Youngs and MVPs is still a good thing.

True enough.

I know that interleague play has been around for over 20 years now but, imo, having interleague play during the regular season has diminished league statistics.

In my perfect world they would either eliminate interleague play entirely or go all out with it, including just having conference designations.

Meanwhile. all of the changes to "hurry up he game" have pretty much killed the idea of calling baseball, the only sport without a game clock, the national past-time.

Can you tell I'm an old timer ?

True enough.

I know that interleague play has been around for over 20 years now but, imo, having interleague play during the regular season has diminished league statistics.

In my perfect world they would either eliminate interleague play entirely or go all out with it, including just having conference designations.

Meanwhile. all of the changes to "hurry up he game" have pretty much killed the idea of calling baseball, the only sport without a game clock, the national past-time.

Can you tell I'm an old timer ?

The Mets went into extra innings last night and the announcer had a good idea of a compromise....play regular baseball up to the 11th or 12th inning then put a guy on second base for the remainder. I'm honestly OK with that.

The Mets went into extra innings last night and the announcer had a good idea of a compromise....play regular baseball up to the 11th or 12th inning then put a guy on second base for the remainder. I'm honestly OK with that.

More better for sure.

Steve Stone, the White Sox TV announcer, suggested putting a guy on first base instead of second to start extra innings.

Another pet peeve of mine is the 7 inning double header games even if it's not a true double header, that is a split double header.

Fans for each game pay full price for a shortened game.

Back
Top Bottom