Monster Energy's Cup Championship Trophy Reveal On Thursday

They really had to change it? Now when Jimmie Johnson wins his 8th it's going to look really stupid next to the others

They really had to change it? Now when Jimmie Johnson wins his 8th it's going to look really stupid next to the others
Maybe It'll be so great that It'll be like the king and his seven jesters. :D

Good idea, it's not like every other sport in the world has a recognizable trophy that's been used for decades. Change it every single year.

Wouldn't make much sense to give out a Sprint Cup to a Monster Energy Cup winner now would it.

..Or just slap a Monster logo on the trophy like they did when Sprint bought Nextel. The only identifier on the trophy was engraved at the bottom. You couldn't even really see it to the naked eye.

In any case it won't really affect your driver until Jimmie retires :wink:

Good idea, it's not like every other sport in the world has a recognizable trophy that's been used for decades. Change it every single year.

Last time it was changed was when Nextel took over.

I'm sad it was. The Winston Cup was a cool trophy. The Nextel/Sprint Cup doesn't look like anything special at all.

nascar-cup-champions-week-2003-the-last-winston-cup-trophy-was-awarded-to-matt-kenseth.jpg

I mean from what I can make out in the video it looks kinda cool

I decided to look up what trophies they have for other things they sponsor, found this one I think be cool.
54027_villopoto-monstercup2013-cudby-198_399.jpg

I'm not sure it can be worse than the Xfinity trophy so it has that going for it.
What is that series trophy? a modem ?, no really, I have never paid attention to that series trophy for some reason.

Edit, I am going to Google it, so no one has to waste time posting a image of it.

If I remember correctly, the first Cup Dale Sr. won was silver. The other 6 were gold.

Jeff Gordon's 1995 trophy was silver for Winston's 25th anniversary in the sport. Ironically, I found a picture of a supposed third 1995 trophy that was auctioned off, and it was in gold.. The auction house said it was given to an auto parts store in Texas. (sounds like a screwy story to me). I assume that the 1995 trophy in the Hendrick museum is Rick's and not Jeff's, and it is silver too.

Thing is, I haven't removed one post from this thread. Not. One.
I have no idea why the post isn't visible.

But if there is a trophy girl in the missing picture, make sure she is clothed and not scantily clad.

Anyway I think its an awesome trophy

Back
Top Bottom