More clueless NASCAR coverage.

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
You think people would do just a little research before writing something. And also, how does Dale getting killed make a number famous? That literally makes no sense. It’s like saying the 45, 42, 51, 28 and 7 and many others are famous numbers just because someone driving that number (yes I know Allison and Kulwicki weren’t killed in racing accidents)

Might have meant world wide famous.

And, these clowns now days, they have ZERO historical perspective of NASCAR or stock car racing. I loved listening to Benny, Ned, Buddy, Neil, Bob Jenkins and Eli Gold. They were humorous, insightful and could offer some unique historical facts. Who all remembers "Bennys Buffet"? It wasn't a bunch of fireworks and rock bands. It was good commentary and hard nosed racing. I'm hoping to see a pile of hard nosed racing this year. NASCAR needs it.

And also, how does Dale getting killed make a number famous?

To be fair here, Dale Earnhardt became more famous after his death than he was before. Could throw Dan Wheldon in the same category.

Dale Earnhardt's death was a major news story when it happened. Every single broadcast newscast led with Dale's death and the cable news networks treated it with the same urgency and importance they treat hurricanes and mass shootings now.

To be fair here, Dale Earnhardt became more famous after his death than he was before. Could throw Dan Wheldon in the same category.

Dale Earnhardt's death was a major news story when it happened. Every single broadcast newscast led with Dale's death and the cable news networks treated it with the same urgency and importance they treat hurricanes and mass shootings now.

He may have become better known after his death to the unknowing. In other words, people who didn't pay attention to the sport learned about him because of his death. They may have became curious, and got educated on him. But inside the world of auto racing enthusiast, he was a house hold name.

I was hoping Almirola would win yesterday in the iconic #10 car made famous by Danica Patrick.
its amazing how much that 10 team got things turned during the off season, they went from a back marker team giving Danica crappy cars to giving Almirola a car that could of won a race, hats off to SHR

*there is a whole lotta sarcasm in that post

They gave Danica "crappy cars"? How ould anyone know that? Let alone prove it?

its amazing how much that 10 team got things turned during the off season, they went from a back marker team giving Danica crappy cars to giving Almirola a car that could of won a race, hats off to SHR

Ohhhh.....now I see.....Hmmmmmmm.... Shame on SHR

You think people would do just a little research before writing something. And also, how does Dale getting killed make a number famous? That literally makes no sense. It’s like saying the 45, 42, 51, 28 and 7 and many others are famous numbers just because someone driving that number (yes I know Allison and Kulwicki weren’t killed in racing accidents)
Plus the number went away for over a decade. The number ‘3’ nowadays is like when a sound mixer or keyboardist carries on a band name after the original members of the band are either dead or quit years ago.

They gave Danica "crappy cars"? How ould anyone know that? Let alone prove it?
it has been mentioned many times over the years. Stewart said that was B.S., said he also gave her the best crew chief and she wanted a change..he did and it didn't change anything. It won't go away, but Al is going to do well this year in the 10 car, he had problems at Daytona getting Patrick out of his pit stall :D, he doesn't have that problem anymore. more sarcasm

Ohhhh.....now I see.....Hmmmmmmm.... Shame on SHR
Some people ( not saying anyone here) have said that SHR was a backmarker team giving her crappy cars, my post was poking fun at them

Nothing more, nothing less, it should NOT be took as a Danica bashing post.

Some people ( not saying anyone here) have said that SHR was a backmarker team giving her crappy cars, my post was poking fun at them

Nothing more, nothing less, it should NOT be took as a Danica bashing post.

I hear ya

Plus the number went away for over a decade. The number ‘3’ nowadays is like when a sound mixer or keyboardist carries on a band name after the original members of the band are either dead or quit years ago.

Lynyrd Skynyrd come to mind? I think one of the current crop has a string off of one of Gary Rossingtons guitars. I believe they carry it around in their pocket.

Crappy? Crappy enough to win the pole for the 2013 Daytona 500...

I thought Danica ran pretty good at the plate tracks? We will have to see how he does at the non plate tracks...I hope he does good because he landed me as a fan after the way he handled losing to the 3 car.

I thought Danica ran pretty good at the plate tracks? We will have to see how he does at the non plate tracks...I hope he does good because he landed me as a fan after the way he handled losing to the 3 car.
From what I recall, I think you are right, but most times got caught up in the wrecks .

He may have become better known after his death to the unknowing. In other words, people who didn't pay attention to the sport learned about him because of his death. They may have became curious, and got educated on him. But inside the world of auto racing enthusiast, he was a house hold name.
Yep...he wasn't more famous after he died , he was the face of Nascar when he was alive.

he did alright last year the little bit he ran for Petty. Changed from Ford to Chevy with RCR power now..whole lot of unknowns. Your boy Bowman looked pretty good in the 88, led 13 laps.

he did alright last year the little bit he ran for Petty. Changed from Ford to Chevy with RCR power now..whole lot of unknowns. Your boy Bowman looked pretty good in the 88, led 13 laps.
I thought Alex did a really good job of running decent and staying out of trouble until he got caught up in that crash towards the end. I did notice he was having a little trouble on restarts. He fell way back on that last restart...but they showed an in car shot right before the restart and I noticed he was rubbing or pinching his right leg like it might have been cramping or falling to sleep.

Patrick DNF'ed half of her career plate races.

Patrick DNF'ed half of her career plate races.
I was talking about when she didn't get caught up in the crash lottery at the plate tracks. It's no secret that her luck in the crash lottery has not been very good. She even got caught up in it in her last race as so many others did also.:)

I was talking about when she didn't get caught up in the crash lottery at the plate tracks. It's no secret that her luck in the crash lottery has not been very good. She even got caught up in it in her last race as so many others did also.:)
JJ is now trying to beat her record. This week he scored 4-1 against her. :p

Lynyrd Skynyrd come to mind? I think one of the current crop has a string off of one of Gary Rossingtons guitars. I believe they carry it around in their pocket.
Sad but true, they spreaded the 'second helping' to thin and too long.

If somebody posts something like this on Twitter, I call them out for it. Just yesterday, one of the more popular ones posted a picture of a t-shirt with a Lowe's car on it and said it was a Jimmie Johnson tribute shirt. I asked "isn't that Mike Skinner?" with the words "Mike Skinner" on the shirt. You can't make up this stuff.

If somebody posts something like this on Twitter, I call them out for it. Just yesterday, one of the more popular ones posted a picture of a t-shirt with a Lowe's car on it and said it was a Jimmie Johnson tribute shirt. I asked "isn't that Mike Skinner?" with the words "Mike Skinner" on the shirt. You can't make up this stuff.
Yep, the first thing that would have popped in my mind seeing a #31 Lowes car, with the name Mike Skinner on it would have been Jimmy Johnson. Most of the sports media couldn't tell you who Red Byron was. Sad.

'Tribute Shirt'? When did JJ retire? o_O

Did we all forget how Danica ran in her first 500 in the 10?

I'm no Danica advocate by any means but come on.. here's a reminder .. just saying

Screenshot_20180220-113622.png

My point? Don't praise Aric too much just yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom