Most Improved Driver

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
Simple question....Who is the most improved driver this year?

Agree with AML on Buescher and Wallace. If nothing else I'd say RYB just got his mojo back...and in what style!
Now I hope Bubba can carry the momentum in to next year and not have the usual slow start after Daytona.

Buescher and Wallace are it for me, with a slight nod to Buescher, but both had a tremendous year.

If nothing else I'd say RYB just got his mojo back...and in what style!

I mention Blaney because, up until this year, he hasn't been clutch. He got some lucky wins, sure, but it seemed like he and his team would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I wouldn't say Buescher "improved" as a driver. I just think RFK improved drastically as an organization, which finally allowed Buescher to showcase his ability. But yeah, obviously from a statistical standpoint, he improved quite a bit.

I'm tempted to say McDowell because he really impressed at a variety of tracks, but again, a lot of credit should go to the team.

So, which driver(s) cut down on mistakes, capitalized in clutch moments, and displayed more skill/speed than they have in the past? I would say those factors are the clear indicators of personal improvement.

I would say Buescher. RFK has improved but he got the wins that Brad K didnt get which is an impressive thought itself.

I would say Sam Mayer in xfinity. I was starting to doubt him and discount him, he proved me wrong.

I dont know if Stenhouse has the numbers to build a case but I do think he is a better driver than he was a few years ago.

I say his attitude was most improved, but his performance was not.

10 top 10s in his first full season and contended for a few wins... that's impressive for any rookie. Especially with Ty having ran zero truck races and one full-time Xfinity season. I thought he was going to be a menace or another Cindric given how green he is.

10 top 10s in his first full season and contended for a few wins... that's impressive for any rookie. Especially with Ty having ran zero truck races and one full-time Xfinity season. I thought he was going to be a menace or another Cindric given how green he is.
Ty's on track performance impressed me for a rookie with a limited body of work. His managing to stay out of the news for all the wrong reasons impressed me five times more.

I wouldnt rate Ty as the most improved driver but I think he did exactly what he needed to do. He built a years worth of solid experience without causing any major problems.
A very solid building block year.

Byron's a great answer with the win total he got to of 6, pretty big jump there.

I noticed Bubba holding in the top 5 a lot more this season than previous, and the road course improvements.

I'm also going to say Ross after collecting the 2 wins cleanly in the back half of the season, he had been on a winless streak for a little bit.

Most improved in 1 race Shane Van Gisbergen.

Bubba's uptick gives me permission to root for him next year. If he can keep building on-track and keep being himself I think he can make a footprint on this series. Buscher was awesome but he's not going to light any fires off track.

Chris Buescher without a doubt. He had 3 wins & made it to the round of 8. Nobody comes close to Buescher in terms of improvement this season.

Back
Top Bottom