MRN Radio app..... Gone?

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I got a new phone last December. I just went to download the MRN Radio app and no longer see it as an option. I'm going to be traveling during the race Sunday and I'd like to find a MRN source that I can listen to over my phone so I don't have to keep searching for channels as I drive. If anyone knows of a decent app or other source to listen to the race, please post it here. And yes, I know Sirius is an option but I don't feel like paying for that anymore.

Doesn’t MRN’s website have the live broadcast on during races?

Doesn’t MRN’s website have the live broadcast on during races?
They always have in the past but I no longer see the option. The 'Listen Live' button is normally available all the time on their site but is inactive during non broadcasting times.

They got rid of the app last year I'm not sure why, you can still listen on the web I did during the clash

They got rid of the app last year I'm not sure why, you can still listen on the web I did during the clash
So the link should become available just around race time? Thanks for the info I hate trying to chase stations when I'm driving long distances. Will be driving across i80 in PA, East to West on Sunday afternoon. MRN stations are few and far between in North Eastern PA.

So the link should become available just around race time? Thanks for the info I hate trying to chase stations when I'm driving long distances. Will be driving across i80 in PA, East to West on Sunday afternoon. MRN stations are few and far between in North Eastern PA.
Yeah our only MRN affiliate is out of Delaware, they dont do the PRN races or if something is happening in UD sports

I've got 3 or 4 affiliates out on the Western side of the state. Hard to believe that the Pocono region is one of the worst areas to pick up a Nascar race in our state.

I live in the Scranton area which is basically the "Pocono region" and I can no longer find MRN on the radio.

I live in the Scranton area which is basically the "Pocono region" and I can no longer find MRN on the radio.
Yeah, I looked up their PA list this morning and saw nothing there.

I used to always rely on the MRN or PRN apps when traveling. Before that, Sirius. And before that XM radio.

Depending on what gadget you have (I have an iPhone). I went to mrn.com on my phone's browser and clicked "Live"....right now they're doing Cup practice, if you want to test it out.

A little mrn.com online while traveling listening review.

While it was great that we were able to take in the beginning of the race using their website, we found that the service seems to cut out after about 15 minutes of listening. I had to reload the web page and restart the online listening. I know it wasn't loss of signal as we travel that route often and never lose signal from one side of the state to the other. The only other downfall was that their website had to remain the active screen or audio is cut off. Overall though, it was good as it provided us with a decent feed to be able to listen to the race which wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

Try one of the radio apps mentioned earlier, and you shouldn't have that problem with needing to keep a browser window active.

Back
Top Bottom