Multi-use Engines Have Arrived in Cup (Just Baby Steps)

I think what could happen is that the teams with the resources will figure out a way to make engines last 2 races to the point we won't see a difference. I believe the lesser funded teams will exercise caution and go with longevity which will make 'em last but will slow 'em down. This is JMO.
Exactly and this will create even more of a gap between the almost good teams and the good ones.

The more rules that are made....... the more interest in Nascar wanes...... I think they are legislating themselves into a hole..... Sometimes.... less is better......

As in a skinny rule book.........
The rule book is written by teams getting caught doing stuff.

It's almost to the point of IROC.... just give the drivers identical prepared cars ...... everything sealed.....

Good posting stuff, but I have to say that is a gross exaggeration. The cars are not randomly assigned in Nascar, and prepared by a single group for all.
And there is far more to setting up the cars and with teams setting up cars to best fit a drivers strengths, than the engines.
One of the most ridiculous things about the IROC series was the idea that common template could be used to determine the best driver. Nascar will always or for the unforeseeable future be about the chemistry of the team and their driver. I am thinking you could take the two best drivers and flip them between the two best teams and see both experience a decline.
A little rambling, sorry about that.

I would love to get the Indy Roadsters back, and the cars we had in Nascar more than 30 years ago, back.

But technology and cost is a beast that will kill all of racing, if left unchecked. There is no sky is the limit frontier, nobody can afford it.
One might have the luxury to form a single team that way, but he might as well run somewhere like Bonneville.
He will not find many equal teams to compete against, he might as well taking up paid hunting were the kill is guaranteed.

To line up several teams with serious chances to win, requires someone that has a model that accomodates enough owners.
Everyone hates the sanctioning bodies rules, but again it a beast.
If unlimiteds could be feasibly run with stock cars, or open wheel cars on a national scale it would already be happining. The raw beauty is something anyone that loves racing couldn't resist. It just cant be done.

Sorry if I am too blunt. I am not trying to offend.

I think what could happen is that the teams with the resources will figure out a way to make engines last 2 races to the point we won't see a difference. I believe the lesser funded teams will exercise caution and go with longevity which will make 'em last but will slow 'em down. This is JMO.

Yeah, I hate the rule, but I'm not worried about it. Another engineering challenge for my guys at TRD. Adapt and overcome.

Back
Top Bottom