My '63 Unibody (Integral Cab)

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I’m going to pull the grille, upper grille and gravel guard off tomorrow and send it to the blaster. Dude next door to the blaster will epoxy primer the bare metal parts afterwards.
I’m bored stiff, got the week off.
Dropped off tailgate hardware at the plater today.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Well I dropped the large body parts at the blaster yesterday. Dude in the bay next to the blaster can’t primer my stuff because the boss is gone for the week. Paul is going to primer my stuff on Monday or Tuesday.
Chopped out a piece of the bed floor on each side where the floor rusted where it was spot welded to the under bracing. I used weld-thru primer on the under bracing and welded in some new metal. Eventually the inside of the bed will get dustless blasted.

0D8C2A10-A7DB-4C11-B4E5-86774100BE5D.jpeg

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I’m going to go see Paul tomorrow. He’s really good at figuring out what to do next. I know I need to get the engine and trans out of this truck. I need to get the doors off and the seat and electrical out of the cab. I just need input from someone else.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I trust Paul but I don’t trust anyone else’s ability or craftsmanship so I need to do the majority of work myself. I know that I need to finish welding up the dash, cab seams and bed holes. I just need a priority list.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Wow, rare car....an AMC AMX that is NOT a racecar. LOL. Where's a gremlin when ya need one?
You don’t see many of them. I know where there’s a completely original yellow 390 AMX, I even posted a pic of it here. We tried to buy it from the guy but he won’t sell it.

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
You don’t see many of them. I know where there’s a completely original yellow 390 AMX, I even posted a pic of it here. We tried to buy it from the guy but he won’t sell it.
There is a saying in Texas/Oklahoma... If you're going to guess what a racecar is, just guess Chevy Vega or Chevy S-10 and you have a 50% shot of being right. There's a couple Gremlins, an AMX or two, and even two Nash Metropolitans. One is super nice with an LS swap.

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Been outside all day. I had two double espresso shots this morning. Holy crap, that stuff is liquid meth.
Cut the grass, weed n’ feed.
Electric blower on the driveway, then pressure wash. Sprayed and yanked weeds.
Pulled half the crap out of the garage, threw away a bunch of stuff, can barely move the trash can :mad:
Relocated a shelf that I haven’t seen in a while. Rearranged stuff, hung some gearhead wall art.
I’m still going to paint something before the weekend, prolly some new steelies for the front of the ‘72. Bought a new air hose and some inline filters.
If I get time I’ll weld a little and get the tailgate off to the blaster.

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
Been outside all day. I had two double espresso shots this morning. Holy crap, that stuff is liquid meth.
Cut the grass, weed n’ feed.
Electric blower on the driveway, then pressure wash. Sprayed and yanked weeds.
Pulled half the crap out of the garage, threw away a bunch of stuff, can barely move the trash can :mad:
Relocated a shelf that I haven’t seen in a while. Rearranged stuff, hung some gearhead wall art.
I’m still going to paint something before the weekend, prolly some new steelies for the front of the ‘72. Bought a new air hose and some inline filters.
If I get time I’ll weld a little and get the tailgate off to the blaster.
I got a lot of "stuff" that needs doing here. When can I expect you? LOL

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I welded up 10 holes in the bed this morning. The PO obviously had a camper shell or three on this truck. :mad:
It's a PITA every time I want to weld because I have to remove the solid state fan controller off of the truck before welding.
I started on the passenger side roof seam today.
The roof section wasn't lined up on the assembly line before the spot welder lit up...
IMG_4383 (002).jpg
IMG_4384 (002).jpg

Nobody takes the time to metal this in. They would just weld the seam and use filler. I decided to correct the gap with metal.
IMG_4385 (002).jpg

A lot of welding and a lot of grinding. It's tedious. I still have the section across the back of the cab. I would charge someone $1,000 to eliminate this roof seam.
A few more zaps and a little more grinding and I'll be able to start on the back section.
IMG_4386 (002).jpg

Top Bottom