My favorite driver when Harvick retires will be

Joker

#1 Harvick Fan
Cole Custer.

This has been a few years in the making but it all just lines up perfectly. Other than the 4 car, there's been non-stop turnover in the SHR stable. They've been grooming Custer as the golden child for a few years now so I've been watching him when I can in Xfinity. Dude kicks complete ass. Very aggressive late and has a fun, fiery personality. Bell gets all the hype but Custer has been right there with him. Can't wait to see him learn from Harvick and Tony.

Oh and he's also from SoCal so there's that.

Cole Custer.

This has been a few years in the making but it all just lines up perfectly. Other than the 4 car, there's been non-stop turnover in the SHR stable. They've been grooming Custer as the golden child for a few years now so I've been watching him when I can in Xfinity. Dude kicks complete ass. Very aggressive late and has a fun, fiery personality. Bell gets all the hype but Custer has been right there with him. Can't wait to see him learn from Harvick and Tony.

I like Custer. I wonder if he'll get moved to the #4 when Harvick does eventually retire (hopefully yearrrrs from now). Or, if there will be some new hotshot being moved up through the Ford ranks that will takeover Harvick's leftover sponsors and resources.

I like his fiery personality. I'm a Nemechek fan but gained respect for him tackling JH at Mosport lol.

I too am a Custer fan, I do not think he will swap numbers in the future. I do not think there has been "Non stop change" at SHR Danica was in the 10 for Five years with no wins, her boyfriend had two wins with a lesser car. Meanwhile Amirola was languishing with a even worse care, He came to the 10 and has made the playoffs two seasons. The 14 was Tony's car until he retired then Boyer. took over. The only drama has been the 41.

I like Custer. I wonder if he'll get moved to the #4 when Harvick does eventually retire (hopefully yearrrrs from now). Or, if there will be some new hotshot being moved up through the Ford ranks that will takeover Harvick's leftover sponsors and resources.
Didn't Harvick's CC say when Harvick is done so is he????
That means the #4 car has no real resources.

I have always liked this kid going back 3 years ago when he claimed the youngest
winner ever award in the Gander Trucks. He is 21 now and has a great start to
a long career.

His name seems out of Days of Thunder and he just has a nascar look if there is such a thing.

Reading his wiki I just learned his dad Joe Custer is President of Stewart Haas Racing and is
COO of Haas F1 Team. They have racing every which way they look.

I have always liked this kid going back 3 years ago when he claimed the youngest
winner ever award in the Gander Trucks. He is 21 now and has a great start to
a long career.

His name seems out of Days of Thunder and he just has a nascar look if there is such a thing.

Reading his wiki I just learned his dad Joe Custer is President of Stewart Haas Racing and is
COO of Haas F1 Team. They have racing every which way they look.
People think that makes Cole entitled. I like this kid. Was disappointed to seeReddick win the title.

Also, is Chris Bell a fruntronner?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

People think that makes Cole entitled. I like this kid. Was disappointed to seeReddick win the title.

Also, is Chris Bell a fruntronner?

None of them will be front runners, they are rookies. It might be a decent rook of the year contest. Looking at equipment I would say Custer will get a full on cup car, Reddick will get the best RCR has and Bell will get the lessor ride of the three. I'm liking Custer out of the bunch to win the rookie of the year contest.

I think Bell and Reddick will be fast but also be wrecking balls, I wouldn’t be shocked if either won at Bristol. I think Custer will run top 15ish every week and be the most consistent of the group. I also think if John Hunter gets the call he will do a decent job in the 36 next season. This may be the best rookie class we’ve had in some time

I think Bell and Reddick will be fast but also be wrecking balls, I wouldn’t be shocked if either won at Bristol. I think Custer will run top 15ish every week and be the most consistent of the group. I also think if John Hunter gets the call he will do a decent job in the 36 next season. This may be the best rookie class we’ve had in some time

I totally agree. I get the vibe that Bell is going to tear up a lot of cars trying to keep up with his faster teammates. Reddick is going to push harder than the equipment allows (no shame in that though). Custer won't light the world on fire but he'll absorb a lot of information from his teammates and prepare for a breakout year in 2021. JHN deserves better equipment, hopefully he gets a fair shot eventually.

I totally agree. I get the vibe that Bell is going to tear up a lot of cars trying to keep up with his faster teammates. Reddick is going to push harder than the equipment allows (no shame in that though). Custer won't light the world on fire but he'll absorb a lot of information from his teammates and prepare for a breakout year in 2021. JHN deserves better equipment, hopefully he gets a fair shot eventually.
Not sure you are giving enough credit to Bell. He is very mature and I think will be fine in his rookie year.

Not sure you are giving enough credit to Bell. He is very mature and I think will be fine in his rookie year.
I disagree in the sense that when his car is on he is great BUT he does have a tendency to wreck when he doesn't have the best car. That says he isn't mature enough to me.

Bell led over 2000 laps and had 8 wins. His Homestead was disappointing but I don't doubt his talent.

I'm very interested to see if Reddick can be a difference maker into the top 20 or so, or if he's gonna be 24th-26th in points like Hemric.

Cole Custer.

Custer is the next Austin Dillon

Custer is the next Austin Dillon

source.gif

This adds to the fun story-lines to follow in 2020.

We already have the fun narrative on Matt DiBenedetto's move to Wood Brothers Racing, which will give him more of an opportunity to compete towards the front.

Then there's Ross Chastain's impeccable Truck Series season that just finished, on top of racing in the other two series and getting good results all across the board. Now Chastain will have a shot at the playoffs in Xfinity next year.

Hemric will get a chance to redeem himself at JR Motorsports after an honestly torrid outing in RCR's Cup team.

Now we have these three guys and possibly JHN to look out for once the new season starts. Each one of them has great potential. Christopher Bell, I would probably rank as the best among them once he gets more of an idea how to pull a car out of the gutter setup-wise. Right now, I have to say Reddick and Custer have a bit of a leg up on him at the moment, although Reddick will probably lose that advantage with where he is going in the Cup series.

yep, I am looking forward to next year also. Three popular talented rookies in cup all in decent rides should make it more interesting and the valid DiBenedetto question, is he any good in a quality ride? Some think so, others not so much. It's his chance to prove if he is or not next year. Another question will be answered involving Chastain. Is he that good? The Xfinity level of competition should highlight that. I bet the cup teams will be looking hard at Chastain next year to see how he does. There will be spots on good teams open next year.

Fair enough, let's regroup on this at the end of the season to see how it all goes down.
I'm not making that my prediction. I would like to know what you think of his CC
going back to cup after his demotion to Xfinity series. Was it a demotion or a planned move to bring the pair up to cup?

None of them will be front runners, they are rookies. It might be a decent rook of the year contest. Looking at equipment I would say Custer will get a full on cup car, Reddick will get the best RCR has and Bell will get the lessor ride of the three. I'm liking Custer out of the bunch to win the rookie of the year contest.
I think "frontrunner" the way I am using it, is being missunderstood. I am using it in the way sports fans use to describe those super star athletes who play really well against bad teams, or when their team is up, but not when it matters.

A driver who will lead a lot with a good car, but fail to meet expectations and win races and contend. I know it's early, but that's two years in a row Chris Bell failed to win the Xfinity title looking like the possible favorite.

That said, I agree about Custer.

I'm not making that my prediction. I would like to know what you think of his CC
going back to cup after his demotion to Xfinity series. Was it a demotion or a planned move to bring the pair up to cup?
Ratcliff has the experience and being with Bell for a couple years and moving back up seems to indicate that those who know a heck of a lot more than me believe it will work out. I have to admit I am biased regarding Bell. Like Larson he is a heck of a sprint car driver and at a young age gives back to his roots. I saw Bell in the Midwest in a sprint car several times this past year and he always seemed to be under control and fast. And, if Rick Ferkle said he is one of the best he has seen, well, that is good enough for me.

Ratcliff has the experience and being with Bell for a couple years and moving back up seems to indicate that those who know a heck of a lot more than me believe it will work out. I have to admit I am biased regarding Bell. Like Larson he is a heck of a sprint car driver and at a young age gives back to his roots. I saw Bell in the Midwest in a sprint car several times this past year and he always seemed to be under control and fast. And, if Rick Ferkle said he is one of the best he has seen, well, that is good enough for me.
I was just wondering about the move with both to cup. Seems to me if the kid is really good and yet didn't win the championship two years running then MAYBE you have to look at the CC especially when they have championship equipment. Did they dump Mat D.'s CC from 2019?

mine will be chris bell...that kid can flat out ****** drive...that save at watkins glen this year was insane...

I was just wondering about the move with both to cup. Seems to me if the kid is really good and yet didn't win the championship two years running then MAYBE you have to look at the CC especially when they have championship equipment. Did they dump Mat D.'s CC from 2019?
Blaney moved up with Bullins. While Bullins couldn't make a wrong call in the lower division, there are many questioning his ability in Cup. There is one heck of a lot of factors that go into the teams performance each week. Not all of them can be controlled by the CC, no matter the team or equipment level.

Cole Custer.

This has been a few years in the making but it all just lines up perfectly. Other than the 4 car, there's been non-stop turnover in the SHR stable. They've been grooming Custer as the golden child for a few years now so I've been watching him when I can in Xfinity. Dude kicks complete ass. Very aggressive late and has a fun, fiery personality. Bell gets all the hype but Custer has been righgt there with him. Can't wait to see him learn from Harvick and Tony.

Good choice. ;) He's definetly one of my faves, maybe even my favorite. To win a full length race on your rookie season is no small feat.

Cole Custer.

I think Cole showed the best potential in Xfinity. He's not a Dillon. Cole has talent.

Back
Top Bottom