NA$CAR racing on cell phones

blue92

Team Owner
So are you people going to be content with watching NA$CAR racing on your cell phones? It maybe just me but with everything going to the internet I think the future of NA$CAR is going to the net. Don't know about you guys/gals but I like watching racing on my big screen TV not on my cell phone.

I have no other choice but to watch it on my phone or tablet.

I don't want to pay for cable, so I just use the NBC Sports Extra, FOX Sports GO, etc. Different outlets are necessary and don't get me wrong I love watching it on a bigger TV, but I have to maximize what I have.

So are you people going to be content with watching NA$CAR racing on your cell phones? It maybe just me but with everything going to the internet I think the future of NA$CAR is going to the net. Don't know about you guys/gals but I like watching racing on my big screen TV not on my cell phone.
I am lucky to have direct tv and an cable account from a friend so I can watch on the laptop even and plug it in to the tv via hdmi so there are plenty of ways to watch on the big screen even with out cable if you have wifi and laptop or even a chromcast which is only 35 bucks. I work in IT for 18 years so can give anyone advice also

I don't know why you assume that moving content to the Internet mandates that it be viewed on a cell phone. Any TV made in the last five years will accept an HDMI cable from a late-model computer.

As far as I know Nascar will be broadcast on an affiliate of NBC and FOX for several years and I suspect that will remain the case until streaming or some other method takes over.

If it were possible for me to get access to all Sunday NFL games, watch my favorite NHL team and have access to all of Netflix' British programs I would be happy and not even need a DVR. Currently I pay STUPID money for NFL Sunday ticket and very reasonable money for NHL Center Ice but that is as far as it goes for me. As long as Nascar is included in the package I have and I can DVR the races I will do so but if I had to pay extra to receive Nascar or could not DVR it I would no longer watch.

I think phones can provide some good racing video if needed.
I have included a picture to demonstrate how easily details can be seen on something as abstract as fruit.
melon exhibit .jpg

Attachments

• kiwi exhibit .jpg
    kiwi exhibit .jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 173
  • kiwi exhibit .jpg
    kiwi exhibit .jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 175
And here I thought this topic was gonna be about a new NASCAR video game on my phone. Guess I'll go back to catching Pokemon's.

Pretty cool feature on Samsung phones. May exist on others IDK. There's an option called 'Smart View' on my phone. It's a simple toggle. When I click it it looks for networked display sources, ie my televisions. When I turn it on I then select my television. It then display the video and play the audio from my phone. It looks great and it gives me instant access. Check you're phone and television to see if it is available.

I have a 55" screen with 7.1 surround sound, I can't imagine watching TV on a phone.
I recall a cell service ad a couple of years ago where a couple stranded at an airport by weather uses their phone to tap into their home DVR and watch a recorded program. I wondered why the idiots didn't use the phone to call a cab or rental car agency.

I can't wait for NASCAR to release their xbox one app. I run my whole setup through that thing like a receiver, cable box, internet, sound system. If it's good it should obviate the need to get comcast's X-1 system, since I'd really rather not pay more money to that pos company. They said summer release and its not out yet though...

Streaming is the future of TV. I think it would be a good move.

Streaming is the future of TV. I think it would be a good move.
Streaming is the future reality of TV. It is a great move.

I'm a huge sports fan and love the Olympics. I have streamed far more of the Olympic coverage than I have watched by other means. The quality is indistinguishable from live television with a decent internet connection.

I'm a fan if NASCAR is made an option down the road.

What the heck is wrong with this picture? I'm probably one of the younger ones on this board and yet I pay $120 a month for cable and don't stream worth a damn.

Also, a free NASCAR iPhone game would do wonders to hook fans young. Kids play with smart devices now, not hot wheels.

What the heck is wrong with this picture? I'm probably one of the younger ones on this board and yet I pay $120 a month for cable and don't stream worth a damn.

Also, a free NASCAR iPhone game would do wonders to hook fans young. Kids play with smart devices now, not hot wheels.
I pay far more than that and have been streaming video for years now. I think when my current contract runs out with Dish Network, I'll be going to streaming only. There are so many options available these days and I'm sure that they will continue to grow.

I watch everything on my phone. The Fox Sports and NBC Sports app have been a god send. Now I can go to the stores with my wife and still catch the races if need be.

I watch everything on my phone. The Fox Sports and NBC Sports app have been a god send. Now I can go to the stores with my wife and still catch the races if need be.
I've got to get away from Verizon and the data stranglehold that I'm under. I pretty much only stream where I have a WiFi connection.

I've got to get away from Verizon and the data stranglehold that I'm under. I pretty much only stream where I have a WiFi connection.

It will be great when more avenues are opened up because at the present I cannot get what I want/need through one provider and I can't get one service to play nice with the other. It is worth noting that I am a very dim bulb when it comes to all this though.

It will be great when more avenues are opened up because at the present I cannot get what I want/need through one provider and I can't get one service to play nice with the other. It is worth noting that I am a very dim bulb when it comes to all this though.
As time goes on I find myself far less interested in the weekly type television shows. I could survive on sports related programming alone. I can get all of the NFL that I need over the air with an antenna. The NHL and MLB? Well that's a different story. They are only on our regional sports network. I'm not sure where I can get that other than some sort of wired provider. I may be taking in far more of those events on radio in the future.

Like Acs, I also appear to be getting left behind. If I want to watch something that's on while I'm out, I DVR it and watch it on the 55" when I get home. The only streaming I do it over the wired DSL connection to the 20" computer monitor when it's too rainy for the Dish satellite connection to stay up.

And I'm an IT administrator for a living. o_O

Look @ Republic Wireless if you haven't. I went from paying $100/mo to $17, still with a smartphone. This company takes advantage of wifi, and rewards you for not using lots of data.

Look @ Republic Wireless if you haven't. I went from paying $100/mo to $17, still with a smartphone. This company takes advantage of wifi, and rewards you for not using lots of data.
Coverage, coverage, coverage. Did I mention coverage? Seriously though, the only reason that I'm with Verizon where I live is because of the coverage. Outside of Verizon & AT&T I don't know that I can pick up any other towers from my area. Years ago I got by just fine without the dang phone. Now I feel like it is a necessity. I'm not so sure it is. Our cell phone bill has to be the second largest bill that we have every month. If you looked up the word ridiculous in the dictionary, there'd probably be a picture of my Verizon bill.

... Years ago I got by just fine without the dang phone. Now I feel like it is a necessity. I'm not so sure it is. Our cell phone bill has to be the second largest bill that we have every month. ...
And that's why I continue to get along without such a device (and its accompanying monthly statement).

I have watched racing on my phone, tablet and computer but only because I had no other option. I would much rather watch on my big TV with the surround sound cranked. I like being able to mute the center channel to block out the announcers and only hear the cars. I do enjoy keeping Twitter going on my phone and Raceview on my laptop when I am watching live races.

I had no idea there were so many senior citizens posting here.
I'm older and I got a Tracfone because I'm forced to text family & younger friends. I'm not interested in using a phone to access the internet when I am in front of a computer most of my day. And I prefer the sound quality of a land line (I use a phone to call people).

I pay $30 a month for Playstation Vue (cable, but streaming). And I stream stuff on my computer and phone all the time.

I have watched racing on my phone, tablet and computer but only because I had no other option. I would much rather watch on my big TV with the surround sound cranked. I like being able to mute the center channel to block out the announcers and only hear the cars. I do enjoy keeping Twitter going on my phone and Raceview on my laptop when I am watching live races.

I need to do this when Darrell Waltrip comes back.

Back
Top Bottom