NASCAR 2013 - BOLD Prediction Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Welcome to the 3rd annual BOLD Prediction thread. Getting started a little early this year to maybe get a few more unsuspecting racing-forum members to participate. You too can add you name to the long list of past BOLD Prediction winners that include the likes of the reigning 2012 Champion, FenderBumper and also the inaugural winner dpkimmel2001. Tough shoes to fill indeed. Oh wait, did I just type that out loud?

Okay, most of you know how this works but for those of you that don't.....

What is your one and only one bold prediction for the upcoming season? Take your time and think hard. You've got some time so think carefully before you lock anything in. You only get one prediction. If you make more than one, we’ll go with your last one. If more than one of you is able to predict the future, we can take a vote on who made the best call of the year. Who has the nads to make a bold prediction? Get your predictions in by Daytona Eve. At that point I’ll compile the final list of predictions in time for the Daytona 500 and we’ll see who makes the best call for the season by the time Homestead rolls around. Do me a favor and try to make your prediction sentence in BOLD type so that I can easily put together the list. Good Luck.

Just some words of advice. Try to keep your prediction simple because your entire prediction has to come true for it to be considered at the end of the season. Also, basing you prediction on a single race alone can get you out of this game early on.

Mine.....

The Hendrick Motorsports team of Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt Jr., & Kahne will combine to win 13 or more regular season races in the 2013 season.

Why the hell did you start this so early? I would have waiting until after testing. ;)

From your defending bold prediction champ, I predict 10 or more wins for Brad Keselowski. This may change after testing those new Fords, but there it is.

Happy now? :p

I see that the bold part escapes you. I expected more from you.

It helps me eliminate your mindless chatter from your actual prediction. ;) :D

Corrected, but too late to avoid utter embarrassment on my part.

Please, I'm begging you, check my math as this season progresses. :D

Really? How often does a driver win 10 races?

But I agree that dpk's prediction isn't all that bold.
Likewise, how often do drivers out of the same stable combine for 13 or more wins?

There are a couple part to the idea behind these predictions. First and foremost, they have to become true. How BOLD the are at that point remains to be voted on.

Likewise, how often do drivers out of the same stable combine for 13 or more wins?

HMS won 17 races in 2007, and 13 races in 2009. Now that they have Kahne to take up Jr's slack, they should be right back at 12 to 14 wins every year.

the last driver to get 10 or more wins was JJ in 2007. I believe the last guy to do it before that was Jeff in 1998.

Hey, the boldness of my prediction will...will..hell, I don't know what it will do, but it will be bold! These things take time. ;)
Yeah, we're waiting for your infinite words of wisdom. :rolleyes:

The only thing BOLD about your prediction will be the use of the little 'B' button. :p

HMS won 17 races in 2007, and 13 races in 2009. Now that they have Kahne to take up Jr's slack, they should be right back at 12 to 14 wins every year.
Okay, okay, thanks for doing my homework. ;) I'm saving my actual BOLD prediction for a future post, Yeah, that's it. :D

2007, Jimmie Johnson wins 10 races. I'm just sayin!

Predictions so far.....

dpkimmel2001 - The Hendrick Motorsports team of Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt Jr., & Kahne will combine to win 13 or more regular season races in the 2013 season.

fenderbumper - 10 or more wins for Brad Keselowski.

subject to change

And that was after a 5 race win season. It's been done before. You can do better than that Fender.

Once in the past 14 years, which is much more rare than 12 organization wins. That's happened 3 or 4 times in that same period. I have lots of ammo for voting time. Do you? :D

Chase drivers, in alphabetical order.

Biffle
Bowyer
Busch (Kyle)
Earnhardt
Edwards
Gordon
Hamlin
Johnson
Kahne
Kenseth
Keselowski
Stewart

Predictions so far.....dpkimmel2001 - The Hendrick Motorsports team of Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt Jr., & Kahne will combine to win 13 or more regular season races in the 2013 season.

subject to change

Ok, 13 is a little more bold. You're getting there. :D

Biffle
Bowyer
Busch (Kyle)
Earnhardt
Edwards
Gordon
Hamlin
Kahne
Kenseth
Keselowski
Stewart
Truex
Do you want me just to eliminate you now to save you the heartache? Remember the idea isn't just to make a BOLD prediction, it has to have a chance of coming true.

Do you want me just to eliminate you now to save you the heartache? Remember the idea isn't just to make a BOLD prediction, it has to have a chance of coming true.

No, just tell me who who you think doesn't belong in that list.

HMS winning less than 13 races would be a bold prediction.

As for my Bold prediction?

Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

Biffle
Bowyer
Busch (Kyle)
Earnhardt
Edwards
Gordon
Hamlin
Kahne
Kenseth
Keselowski
Stewart
Truex

The fact that Johnson isn't listed makes this the boldest of all. Stick with it and you'll be forever know as #17D500loser.

HMS winning less than 13 races would be a bold prediction.

As for my Bold prediction?

Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.
There it is. There had to be at least one of you.

Hey, I'll also give some concern about whether or not you think my prediction is BOLD enough for you once you've actually predicted something correctly. Until then. :rolleyes: :D

The fact that Johnson isn't listed makes this the boldest of all. Stick with it and you'll be forever know as #17D500loser.

OOPS! I thought I was missing someone and put Truex in there. So Johnson in, Truex out :D

Fixed. Thanks, dpk.

OOPS! I thought I was missing someone and put Truex in there. So Johnson in, Truex out :D
Do me a favor as this tends to turn into a lot of work as this thread grows..... Please state you prediction in its entirety so that I can cut/paste. I can't start editing individual parts. To difficult and open for interpretation. Thanks.

Do me a favor as this tends to turn into a lot of work as this thread grows..... Please state you prediction in its entirety so that I can cut/paste. I can't start editing individual parts. To difficult and open for interpretation. Thanks.

Didn't we need to put them in red last year so it was easier for you to spot?

Back
Top Bottom