NASCAR 2013 - BOLD Prediction Thread

Didn't we need to put them in red last year so it was easier for you to spot?
Yes, thanks. It sure helps if they can be BOLD at the very least. Color is also a huge plus. Sometimes it gets difficult to read through all of my ramblings to pick out relevant information.

Yes, thanks. It sure helps if they can be BOLD at the very least. Color is also a huge plus. Sometimes it gets difficult to read through all of my ramblings to pick out relevant information.

So, have you settled on 12 or 13 yet? :D

So, have you settled on 12 or 13 yet? :D
I am @ 13 and that still may or may not change.

My original direction that I was going to go with this year dealt with a Stenhouse prediction. I decided at the last minute to change to the Hendrick prediction.

I'll probably go in an entirely new direction after giving it more thought. Who knows I may have to one up Matt and go for two Danica wins. :eek:

I am @ 13 and that still may or may not change.

My original direction that I was going to go with this year dealt with a Stenhouse prediction. I decided at the last minute to change to the Hendrick prediction.

I'll probably go in an entirely new direction after giving it more thought. Who knows I may have to one up Matt and go for two Danica wins. :eek:
My not-so-bold prediction as that you and Fender will take up over 85% of this thread. ;)

Predictions to date.....

#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

dpkimmel2001 - The Hendrick Motorsports team of Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt Jr., & Kahne will combine to win 13 or more regular season Cup races in the 2013 season.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more races in 2013.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

Subject to change.

This is my first time at this. I'm reasonably sure about this one, but I don't know if it's all that bold. I'll go with getting it right and we'll see how it sorts out at the end of the year. If I'm wrong, at least I'll know relatively early in the season.

Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

There. I think that's phrased to cover the highly unlike event that she'll get in by winning a points race, the slightly more likely chance she'll win the qualifying race, and the overwhelming odds she'll get in by 'Fan Favorite' voting.

This is my first time at this. I'm reasonably sure about this one, but I don't know if it's all that bold. I'll go with getting it right and we'll see how it sorts out at the end of the year. If I'm wrong, at least I'll know relatively early in the season.

Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

There. I think that's phrased to cover the highly unlike event that she'll get in by winning a points race, the slightly more likely chance she'll win the qualifying race, and the overwhelming odds she'll get in by 'Fan Favorite' voting.

If one of those 3 don't get her in, NASCAR will come up with something that does, like most mind numbing post race interview.

Even after his injury last year...Jr will win Talladega.

Predictions to date.....

#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dpkimmel2001 - The Hendrick Motorsports team of Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt Jr., & Kahne will combine to win 13 or more regular season Cup races in the 2013 season.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more races in 2013.

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup.

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase.

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion.

Subject to change.

Quick reminder.....

Your one and only one prediction is not locked in until Daytona Eve and can be changed at any point up until then. I only ask that if you do make a change to your prediction please indicate that in a new post in the thread. If you go back and edit an old post I may miss the change.

Be specific in your wording as to not cause confusion. I don't want anything to be open to interpretation.

Keep the predictions limited to Cup, Nationwide, or the Truck Series. No other forms of racing matter for this competition.

Remember, first and foremost your prediction has to come true at some point during the season. Try not to paint yourself into a box where the planets must align in order for your prediction to become a reality. If more than one prediction does come true a vote will begin after Homestead to determine the most BOLD prediction of them all.

Keep up the predictions people. There are already some great ones out there this year.

Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races.

Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase.

There are some questions concerning the move to a new car, and I was a bit concerned. Then I realized how quickly Wolfe got the hang of Cup cars his first year as a cup CC and started thinking they may be the ones to catch this year. Brad has hinted that Dodge was down on power last year. If that's true, Penske's army of top engineers will get the chassis right and dominate. The real story for Ford won't be Roush/Yates engines, it will be Penske Chassis'. Roush needed help from RPM with setups, and that really tells the story of why Ford hasn't cashed in on the unique weight distribution of the FR9.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

There are some questions concerning the move to a new car, and I was a bit concerned. Then I realized how quickly Wolfe got the hang of Cup cars his first year as a cup CC and started thinking they may be the ones to catch this year. Brad has hinted that Dodge was down on power last year. If that's true, Penske's army of top engineers will get the chassis right and dominate. The real story for Ford won't be Roush/Yates engines, it will be Penske Chassis'. Roush needed help from RPM with setups, and that really tells the story of why Ford hasn't cashed in on the unique weight distribution of the FR9.

I think the reason he won was he snuck some of mikeys special jet fuel in the system. :p

Interesting point, but it raises another one in my mind. Does anyone adapt to change better than Cheatin' Chad? The #48 team usually does well tweaking the car when there are a lot of cautions, and the new car in the hands of less adaptable teams may lead to more yellow flag laps in 2013. Maybe this will be Jimmie's year again, although there's nothing bold about that prediction.

Interesting point, but it raises another one in my mind. Does anyone adapt to change better than Cheatin' Chad? The #48 team usually does well tweaking the car when there are a lot of cautions, and the new car in the hands of less adaptable teams may lead to more yellow flag laps in 2013. Maybe this will be Jimmie's year again, although there's nothing bold about that prediction.

Interesting observation, but Chad loses his enviable notebook. That will put on a more even playing field with the guy who beat him last year. It will be real interesting if it comes down to JJ vs Brad, Chad vs Paul again.

Here's something else. Less that 2 years ago, Penske combined their nascar and Indycar operations under one roof and created a formidable engineering team. Also, HMS has lost key people the past few years while Penske continues to add talent. Roger has deeper pockets and he seems willing to spend to stay on top. When a guy like that talks about being more and more focused on success in nascar, people inside every organization take notice. Brad and Paul seem to sacrifice qualifying and work hard to get their cars to run fast where others won't, and that has paid dividends on the money laps. I honestly believe the #2 will have a 8 to 10 year run at the top of the sport and win 5 or more championships.

Back
Top Bottom