NASCAR 2013 - BOLD Prediction Thread

I would think Ricky would always want Danica to finish ahead of him no matter what position they are in.... :D

All I know is that every time Danica has been on the pole this year she's finished before Stenhouse . . .

I agree. It is also by far the most correct prediction (so far).
Damn straight. A prediction ain't worth crap if it doesn't come true. As it stands now there's only one of those. If/when another comes true then it will become debatable as to how bold they are.

I disagree. Not to belittle anyone else's predictions but when the word "BOLD" is in the title, I think it's cool when someone actually makes a BOLD prediction - even if it doesn't materialize.

Personally, I'd rather be wrong about predicting that Montoya wins the cup than be right about saying Johnson makes the chase. To each their own :)

"#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart."

"Not to belittle anyone else's predictions but when the word "BOLD" is in the title, I think it's cool when someone actually makes a BOLD prediction - even if it doesn't materialize. ... Personally, I'd rather be wrong ...
My prediction is right, yours is bold but wrong. It looks like we're both happy!

In My Opinion an easy ass bold prediction that's right trumps a hard bolder prediction that's wrong every time, especially if it's the "only" right one. :D

It likely would have been right if Hamlin wouldn't have injured himself.
And I likely would be first in line for the throne if me mum had been Queen of England, instead of only ninth in line for the Port-A-Johns. But you're also overlooking that Brad is out of the top 10 with no wins, and Tony is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

'Woulda', the middle child between 'coulda' and 'shoulda'.

And I likely would be first in line for the throne if me mum had been Queen of England, instead of only ninth in line for the Port-A-Johns. But you're also overlooking that Brad is out of the top 10 with no wins, and Tony is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

'Woulda', the middle child between 'coulda' and 'shoulda'.
Brad I think will get back in, and Tony *may* be able to pull it off.

I disagree. Not to belittle anyone else's predictions but when the word "BOLD" is in the title, I think it's cool when someone actually makes a BOLD prediction - even if it doesn't materialize.

Personally, I'd rather be wrong about predicting that Montoya wins the cup than be right about saying Johnson makes the chase. To each their own :)
Part of the contest is that the prediction that's made has to come true. Otherwise the prediction means nothing. If it were a contest of simply making predictions, regardless of the outcome, that would be something entirely different. Personally I think that would turn into nothing more than a pi$$ing contest of ever the top meaningless predictions.

The BOLD part will come into play at the end of the year when it's time to vote. We'll all have or chance to decide a winner at that point. Until then Charlie's got the upper hand on all of us and has bragging rights. That is until the next prediction comes true. ;)

Flashback to the past two seasons of predictions won by yours truly and Fender respectively.....

BPV - 2011.jpg

BPV - 2012.jpg

Part of the contest is that the prediction that's made has to come true. Otherwise the prediction means nothing. If it were a contest of simply making predictions, regardless of the outcome, that would be something entirely different. Personally I think that would turn into nothing more than a pi$$ing contest of ever the top meaningless predictions.

The BOLD part will come into play at the end of the year when it's time to vote. We'll all have or chance to decide a winner at that point. Until then Charlie's got the upper hand on all of us and has bragging rights. That is until the next prediction comes true. ;)

The prediction that I see as bold and with a very good chance of coming true is this one:

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

The prediction that I see as bold and with a very good chance of coming true is this one:

Only one more race -- and 18 races to do it!

My understanding of it is that predictions aren't considered bold until forum members vote on them in the event of a tie..

My predictions has been hampered by johnsons and shrubs

Even if I don't win the vote off , It will be a lot of fun hearing the Danica haters saying "Oh yeah, I knew that would happen".

Some of the numbers updated. No correct predictions/eliminations since the last update.

#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart.
AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season. (Still waiting)

AustinDillon3 - Dale Jr wins the 2013 Toyota Owners 400, (spring Richmond race).

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races. (Only 1 left)

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20 (4 so far and looking very possible)

breatheoflife - Dale Jr. will get at least 3 Cup wins this year. (He better get started)

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races. (Yeah, okay)

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time cup winners in a full time cup ride. (Lookin good)

Captain Coyfish - JJ will become 6 time. (On his way)

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase. (He’s got work to do.)

dpkimmel2001 - 2013 first time Sprint Cup Champion Kyle Busch. (Still a chance.)

EI2IC - Logano will win more Sprint Cup Series Races than Jeff Gordon. (Still tied.)

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 9 or more point races in 2013. (Who?)

FLRacingFan - Kevin Harvick wins the Chase in a "lame duck" season. (Possible.)

getadietdew - HMS drivers finish 1,2,3 & 4 in the final 2013 point standings. (The planets will have to align.)

Gkunk79 - Austin Dillon will win at least one cup race this year. (Not looking good)

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase! (If it were a fan vote, yes)

HARVICK_FAN - Kevin Harvick will be the first to win the Unlimited, Duel, and 500!!!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup point’s standings for 2013. (Quite possibly.)

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase. (Edwards & Biffle say otherwise.)

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship. (He better work on that first win.)

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races. (He’s got two.)

leroy17 - Dale Jr will not win a Sprint Cup race in 2013 and Marcos Ambrose will win a non plate, non road course Sprint Cup race in 2013.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013. (How are you feeling about this now?)

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season. (You’ve still got to scroll down a long way to find him.)

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship. (Quite possible)

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

nathannascar - Super Kyle will return. He'll win 15-16 across the top 3 series in 2013. (12 so far.)

Nichodemus - Jeff Gordon will win more Cup races than Jimmy Johnson but neither of them will win more than 5 races. (-4)

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

pjmolo - No race will be rescheduled to a later date due to rain AND no race will be shortened by rain.

racer8 - Dale jr the champ (He’d better get moving)

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013. (Who?)

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013. (Nationwide, check)

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup. (Possibly)

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase. (Really looking likely.)

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase. (An uphill battle ahead.)

StewartHaas-Gibbs Racing - Danica Patrick will finish at least one lap down in at least 18 races (half the season) in the Cup series! (14 out of 21 so far.)

ted@economy - Ricky Stenhouse and Danica Patrick will finish the regular season less than ten positions apart. (IDK)

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase. (He’d better get going.)

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013. (1 to date)

Whiskyb - Mark Martin will finally win the Daytona 500.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion. (Could happen)

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase. (Not looking good.)

Back
Top Bottom