NASCAR 2013 - BOLD Prediction Thread

Yeah u never know lol.... I think ive only got 2 more shots at a truck win.. after this weekend if no win I'll have to wait until Texas :confused:

I'm sure that it'll happen soon enough but I can't do it until it's proven wrong mathematically.

I wish I had your optimism. I feel I should withdraw from the race and throw my votes behind a more viable candidate. I will, of course, expect that party to provide me with a well paying 'almost never show' job should they win.

I wish I had your optimism. I feel I should withdraw from the race and throw my votes behind a more viable candidate. I will, of course, expect that party to provide me with a well paying 'almost never show' job should they win.
I'll take those votes , and if you don't mind standing by the side of the highway dressed in a chicken suit , I can help you out with a job.

If they can pull it together I think Kenseth's team is the only one strong enough to knock JJ off the top, They will need to figure out some consistency before the Chase. Hows that for BOLD.

If they can pull it together I think Kenseth's team is the only one strong enough to knock JJ off the top, They will need to figure out some consistency before the Chase. Hows that for BOLD.
Love your optomism Ace , and welcome to the forum.

Six months ago, yes, that would have been BOLD. Now, maybe not quite as much.

Now, if you would have said that Jeff Gordon would pull it together and derail '5 time'. Well, that may have been a different story.

Now, if you would have said that Jeff Gordon would pull it together and derail '5 time'. Well, that may have been a different story.

Wow , when I went to reply to your Kenseth line DPK , the second line about Gordon showed up in the reply box . That is weird

Wow , when I went to reply to your Kenseth line DPK , the second line about Gordon showed up in the reply box . That is weird
No, not weird. I was probably editing my post when you quoted it. 'My bad' for not completing my thoughts the first time.

How's this for bold..

A wild card driver will will the chase.

Jimmie is strong and all but when they hit a snag they seem to be stuck in that dark cloud for weeks.

That and the whole Hendrick bunch are either getting caught up by other teams or they are losing speed.

My Bad I only found the Forum a week ago... Would of picked him 6 months ago ... Gibbs drivers usually have a great first season with the team, ( Yeley, Logano are obvious exceptions to that)

How's this for bold..

A wild card driver will will the chase.

Jimmie is strong and all but when they hit a snag they seem to be stuck in that dark cloud for weeks.

That and the whole Hendrick bunch are either getting caught up by other teams or they are losing speed.

You can't say they're losing speed from a road course race. Hendrick still has great speed, just a ****** road coarse program/****** road course drivers.

You can't say they're losing speed from a road course race. Hendrick still has great speed, just a ****** road coarse program/****** road course drivers.

Outside of Jimmie the rest are pretty crappy.

Gordon is hopeless, Jr. has some speed but not enough to win and has been tumbling down the standings like crazy and Kasey is just very hit and miss.

Overall these guys are lacking speed. Between Gordon, Kahne and Jr. they have only led 711 laps combine. That's pretty bad.

Jimmie almost has twice that amount....almost

Kenseth is too hit or miss to win it I think. Sure he has the wins and will start at the top of the chasers when the time comes...Kenseth has those 4 wins... but he's only got 5 top 5's and 11 top 10's .. sorry but bein thrown in front of the field on no tires and winning bc of clean air doesn't seem like championship material to me. The one positive although however is that all of his wins have come on 1.5 mile tracks and there are I think 5 of those in the chase. But he really needs to pull it together right now to be considered a contender imo...

If only you had predicted Joey would win a cup race...that would have been bold enough imo (I was thinking of making that prediction, actually).

If only you had predicted Joey would win a cup race...that would have been bold enough imo (I was thinking of making that prediction, actually).
LOL You think my prediction is bold? Take a look at what I first put down for my prediction... it was more than one so I ended up picking one and good thing lol...
My bold prediction is that Joey Logano will not only win a race in the 22 car before Matt Kenseth wins one in the 20.. but that Joey will finish in the top 5 in points in 2013, and being that I just learned Joey will be driving Brads #19 truck for a few races.. I also (less boldly) predict a win or two for Joey in the trucks (hopefully eldora) and he will have won in all three top series at least once (and at least once in 2013).
This is actually the first post of mine on this forum lol I found this forum in searching for predictions of the 2013 season

LOL You think my prediction is bold? Take a look at what I first put down for my prediction... it was more than one so I ended up picking one and good thing lol...This is actually the first post of mine on this forum lol I found this forum in searching for predictions of the 2013 season
Yes, better to keep it simple and easier for me to keep track of.

LOL You think my prediction is bold? Take a look at what I first put down for my prediction... it was more than one so I ended up picking one and good thing lol...This is actually the first post of mine on this forum lol I found this forum in searching for predictions of the 2013 season
Holy fanboysness batman :p

And I actually found the forums the same way, and my first post was also on the bold prediction thread. Thats so weird!

Numbers updated.

Congrats to BobbyFord for his correct prediction! He now joins Charlie Spencer in the 'BOLD Prediction Vote' at the end of the season for the 2013 BOLD Prediction title.

Side note..... nathannascar is looking good at the moment. That is, should Kyle not win more than one race in any of the three series from now through the end of the season. nathannascar may have pained his/herself into a corner on that prediction?

#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart.

AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season. (Still waiting)

AustinDillon3 - Dale Jr wins the 2013 Toyota Owners 400, (spring Richmond race).

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races. (Only 1 left)

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

breatheoflife - Dale Jr. will get at least 3 Cup wins this year. (He better get started)

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races. (Yeah, okay)

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time cup winners in a full time cup ride. (Lookin good)

Captain Coyfish - JJ will become 6 time. (On his way)

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase.

dpkimmel2001 - 2013 first time Sprint Cup Champion Kyle Busch. (Still a chance.)

EI2IC - Logano will win more Sprint Cup Series Races than Jeff Gordon. (+1)

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 9 or more point races in 2013. (Who?)

FLRacingFan - Kevin Harvick wins the Chase in a "lame duck" season. (Possible.)

getadietdew - HMS drivers finish 1,2,3 & 4 in the final 2013 point standings. (The planets will have to align.)

Gkunk79 - Austin Dillon will win at least one cup race this year. (Not looking good)

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase! (If it were a fan vote, yes)

HARVICK_FAN - Kevin Harvick will be the first to win the Unlimited, Duel, and 500!!!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup point’s standings for 2013. (Not likely.)

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase. (Edwards & Biffle say otherwise.)

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship. (He better work on that first win.)

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races. (He’s got two.)

leroy17 - Dale Jr will not win a Sprint Cup race in 2013 and Marcos Ambrose will win a non plate, non road course Sprint Cup race in 2013.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013. (How are you feeling about this now?)

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season. (You’ve still got to scroll down a long way to find him.)

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship. (Quite possible)

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

nathannascar - Super Kyle will return. He'll win 15-16 across the top 3 series in 2013. (He’s @ 15. You’d better hope he puts the brakes on.)

Nichodemus - Jeff Gordon will win more Cup races than Jimmy Johnson but neither of them will win more than 5 races. (-4)

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

pjmolo - No race will be rescheduled to a later date due to rain AND no race will be shortened by rain.

racer8 - Dale jr the champ (He’d better get moving)

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013. (Who?)

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013. (Cup, check, Nationwide, check)

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup. (Possibly)

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase. (Really looking likely.)

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase. (An uphill battle ahead.)

StewartHaas-Gibbs Racing - Danica Patrick will finish at least one lap down in at least 18 races (half the season) in the Cup series! (15 out of 24 so far.)

ted@economy - Ricky Stenhouse and Danica Patrick will finish the regular season less than ten positions apart. (IDK)

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase. (He’d better get going.)

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013. (1 to date)

Whiskyb - Mark Martin will finally win the Daytona 500.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion. (Could happen)

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase. (Not looking good.)

Last edited:
Hey, I'm still in the running! AWESOME!
Yep.

You've got a few more weeks. We may have have to come up with a category for next year's BOLD Prediction Thread for the Most Wrong BOLD Prediction. :D When I look back to see that you are the defending champion of this game I can't help but to start singing the chorus of a certain Tom Petty song that comes to mind..

Hey, I'm still in the running! AWESOME!

Me too Fender . I'm a lock for the vote off and have been secretly amassing votes from other members by doing odd jobs for them . I washed Andy's Caddy yesterday (the fins on that thing !) , and brushed Johalhi's croc teeth .

Me too Fender . I'm a lock for the vote off and have been secretly amassing votes from other members by doing odd jobs for them . I washed Andy's Caddy yesterday (the fins on that thing !) , and brushed Johalhi's croc teeth .
And I damn near got your hand, you know I vote the toadie block.

So what would folks think of a 2014 prediction that no Stewart Hass driver makes the chase ? Too bold or not very?

Yep.

You've got a few more weeks. We may have have to come up with a category for next year's BOLD Prediction Thread for the Most Wrong BOLD Prediction. :D When I look back to see that you are the defending champion of this game I can't help but to start singing the chorus of a certain Tom Petty song that comes to mind..
"Don't come around here no more"?
"Free Falling"?
"American Girl"? :p

Back
Top Bottom