NASCAR 2020 - Bold Prediction Thread

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .

JJ_14

Formerly Elliot_Fan_9
My prediction is about to give me a giant goose egg. I should've known to make a prediction about 2 of my favorite drivers. That rarely ends well.

kkfan91

Crab Cakes and Sprint Cars....PA does 1
I need some Ryan Sieg Brandon Brown magic, I lucked into a extra Xfinity race at Talladega

pjmolo

NASCAR 2020 - BOLD PREDICTIONS thru Race #32.jpg

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
We're apparently bad at foreseeing disruptive pandemics. :idunno:

As for my prediction, Hendrick Motorsports was looking so strong in the first four races prior to the pandemic break.

PeopleAreStrange

Bowman came close to winning today's race.

If he can win another race, I wonder if I can make the dumb argument that Byron's non-points win at Daytona early this year should count... and make the absurd argument that Jimmie Johnson is somehow not a Hendrick Motorsports driver...

Hmmm...

Last edited:

hmmm298

Car Chief

If he can win another race, I wonder if I can make the dumb argument that Byron's non-points win at Daytona early this year should count... and make the absurd argument that Jimmie Johnson is somehow not a Hendrick Motorsports driver...

Hmmm...

I guess you could say he drives for Jeff Gordon. ;)

PeopleAreStrange

Oops, I didn't intend to summon a user named "hmmm..."

At the end of the year, I'm going to say something ridiculous like "Jimmie Johnson isn't a Hendrick Motorsports driver because he drives for Chip Ganassi in IndyCar!" And when someone suggests that Jimmie Johnson drove the 48 this year, I'll say "Alex Bowman drives the 48 now."

Of course, my arguments still require Alex Bowman to win another race... and people counting an exhibition race with only half of Cup drivers participating as legit.

:cuckoo: . :owquitit:

Last edited:

hmmm298

Car Chief
Oops, I didn't intend to summon a user named "hmmm..."

At the end of the year, I'm going to say something ridiculous like "Jimmie Johnson isn't a Hendrick Motorsports driver because he drives for Chip Ganassi in IndyCar!" And when someone suggests that Jimmie Johnson drove the 48 this year, I'll say "Alex Bowman drives the 48 now."

Of course, my arguments still require Alex Bowman to win another race... and people counting an exhibition race with only half of Cup drivers participating as legit.

:cuckoo: . :owquitit:

Hmmmm.

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.

Hmmm...
Those open wheel drivers are never any good. They just can't adapt to stock cars...

Revman

TRD
Never made a prediction this year, but maybe the one from last year can be used. Almost 2 years, and no winner has been DQ'ed in Cup. Those crew chiefs really fell in line all of a sudden. Not.

kkfan91

Crab Cakes and Sprint Cars....PA does 1
I really doubt mine is happening but I didn't expect Briscoe, Cindric and others to do as well as they did.

pjmolo

From the list of game rules in the first post:

"Predictions concerning all three NASCAR series (NASCAR Cup, Xfinity, Gander Truck) are acceptable.

Predictions can concern virtually anything related to those series that occurs beginning with the start of Speedweeks at Daytona in early February until the Awards Banquet at Nashville in late November."

Because the 2020 Awards Banquet has been cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns, predictions must occur by the end of the Championship race at Phoenix in order to be considered.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
the Cole Custer winning a race prediction gets my vote.

pjmolo

A final evaluation of each and every BOLD PREDICTION is currently being conducted by game management.

Also, an updated and final game spreadsheet will be posted soon along with a poll to determine which of the predictions proven to be true was the most BOLD.

Ashstrodamus

Team Owner
The Kyle Larson prediction is about equal to the Cole Custer win. It's a toss up for me.

Top Bottom