NASCAR 2020 - Bold Prediction Thread

My prediction is about to give me a giant goose egg. I should've known to make a prediction about 2 of my favorite drivers. That rarely ends well.

I need some Ryan Sieg Brandon Brown magic, I lucked into a extra Xfinity race at Talladega

NASCAR 2020 - BOLD PREDICTIONS thru Race #32.jpg

We're apparently bad at foreseeing disruptive pandemics. :idunno:

As for my prediction, Hendrick Motorsports was looking so strong in the first four races prior to the pandemic break.

Bowman came close to winning today's race.

If he can win another race, I wonder if I can make the dumb argument that Byron's non-points win at Daytona early this year should count... and make the absurd argument that Jimmie Johnson is somehow not a Hendrick Motorsports driver...

Hmmm...

Last edited:

If he can win another race, I wonder if I can make the dumb argument that Byron's non-points win at Daytona early this year should count... and make the absurd argument that Jimmie Johnson is somehow not a Hendrick Motorsports driver...

Hmmm...

I guess you could say he drives for Jeff Gordon. ;)

Oops, I didn't intend to summon a user named "hmmm..."

At the end of the year, I'm going to say something ridiculous like "Jimmie Johnson isn't a Hendrick Motorsports driver because he drives for Chip Ganassi in IndyCar!" And when someone suggests that Jimmie Johnson drove the 48 this year, I'll say "Alex Bowman drives the 48 now."

Of course, my arguments still require Alex Bowman to win another race... and people counting an exhibition race with only half of Cup drivers participating as legit.

:cuckoo: . :owquitit:

Last edited:
Oops, I didn't intend to summon a user named "hmmm..."

At the end of the year, I'm going to say something ridiculous like "Jimmie Johnson isn't a Hendrick Motorsports driver because he drives for Chip Ganassi in IndyCar!" And when someone suggests that Jimmie Johnson drove the 48 this year, I'll say "Alex Bowman drives the 48 now."

Of course, my arguments still require Alex Bowman to win another race... and people counting an exhibition race with only half of Cup drivers participating as legit.

:cuckoo: . :owquitit:

Hmmmm.

Hmmm...
Those open wheel drivers are never any good. They just can't adapt to stock cars...

Never made a prediction this year, but maybe the one from last year can be used. Almost 2 years, and no winner has been DQ'ed in Cup. Those crew chiefs really fell in line all of a sudden. Not.

I really doubt mine is happening but I didn't expect Briscoe, Cindric and others to do as well as they did.

From the list of game rules in the first post:

"Predictions concerning all three NASCAR series (NASCAR Cup, Xfinity, Gander Truck) are acceptable.

Predictions can concern virtually anything related to those series that occurs beginning with the start of Speedweeks at Daytona in early February until the Awards Banquet at Nashville in late November."

Because the 2020 Awards Banquet has been cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns, predictions must occur by the end of the Championship race at Phoenix in order to be considered.

A final evaluation of each and every BOLD PREDICTION is currently being conducted by game management.

Also, an updated and final game spreadsheet will be posted soon along with a poll to determine which of the predictions proven to be true was the most BOLD.

The Kyle Larson prediction is about equal to the Cole Custer win. It's a toss up for me.

Back
Top Bottom