NASCAR 2020 - Bold Prediction Thread

At least one Cup driver will suffer a career-ending injury.

After considering it for awhile, I've come to the conclusion that the prediction made by @Stu Jameson simply is not fitting with the good natured spirit of the game.

It will be deleted from the list before the next time that it is posted.

As prophetic as it may become, after the incident at the 500 involving Ryan Newman, I'm glad that the prediction made by @Stu Jameson was deleted from the list.

Kudos to @Snappy D for pointing out just how inappropriate the prediction is.

As prophetic as it may become, after the incident at the 500 involving Ryan Newman, I'm glad that the prediction made by @Stu Jameson was deleted from the list.

Kudos to @Snappy D for pointing out just how inappropriate the prediction is.
Yeah no one would feel good about that.

If we were all putting out better vibes that terrible incident would have never happened.
but you dont need to speaking of a career ending injury. It's kind of implied it could happen whenever these guys suit up and race. It doesnt need anymore glory than the commercials it gets from whatever network is broadcasting the race. This is all my just my opinion, you can see my previous feelings on the guys prediction and why I thought the way I did in previous posts in this thread.

You better hope the karma cop doesn’t read this!!!
It was *part* of the reason behind my prediction because I realize injuries are possible. My prediction was mostly expecting a driver to lose sponsorship during the season and a team scrambling to find a new sponsor...Menard could fill that void immediately (and temporarily) and finish top-20 consistently to land another sponsor for the team without him behind the wheel. Plus there are a lot of young guns this year who may not perform as expected, so teams might want to look to hire a veteran driver for a 4-12 week period until they figure something out.

Also, and although not officially publicly stated, Menard has said behind the scenes that he would like to continue racing in Cup & Xfinity, but only if the right deal came along and if it was temporary and/or if he could choose the races he runs.

So uhhhhh does this guy have any credibility I’ve seen him discussed on here and I follow him on Twitter, he’s predicted stuff before. If so, engrave my name on the trophy.

I wouldn't be shocked, it's a good fit. Brad can finally stop whining about getting cut, Hendrick gets a champion vet to lead his stable of young guns, and the rapidly more toxic relationship with Penske gets severed.

I wouldn't be shocked, it's a good fit. Brad can finally stop whining about getting cut, Hendrick gets a champion vet to lead his stable of young guns, and the rapidly more toxic relationship with Penske gets severed.
it seems as if its becoming Toxic isnt it?? Brad has seemed frustrated since playoff time last year.

Prediction #1: Cole Custer will win a race.

vqoqmGwdkb9xiqvUVrd6yl1IXTaXInKUBC0SWFMKoqg.png

Latest BOLD Prediction update, after 12 races:

NASCAR 2020 - BOLD PREDICTIONS thru Race #12.jpg

I protest the officiating regarding prediction #48. You've added drivers in their 30's *plus* drivers in their 40's but they should remain separate... see my post which gave the 2019 breakdown for reference.

So far,
Drivers in 20's = 4 (Logano, Bowman, Elliott)
Drivers in 30's = 6 (Hamlin, Kez, Truex)
Drivers in 40's = 2 (Harvick)

I protest the officiating regarding prediction #48. You've added drivers in their 30's *plus* drivers in their 40's but they should remain separate... see my post which gave the 2019 breakdown for reference.

So far,
Drivers in 20's = 4 (Logano, Bowman, Elliott)
Drivers in 30's = 6 (Hamlin, Kez, Truex)
Drivers in 40's = 2 (Harvick)

The protest has been lodged, reviewed, and determined to be valid following a spin of the official "wheel of appeal."

The spread sheet will be corrected before the next updated post. :cool:

@LewTheShoe, I want to make sure I fully understand this riddle of a prediction of yours that states "Drivers in their 20's will win more cup races than drivers in their 30's or in their 40's."

Based upon your protest of my original interpretation of the prediction, I believe you're trying to say that "Drivers in their 20's will win more Cup races than drivers in their 30's win Cup races OR Drivers in their 20's will win more Cup races than drivers in their 40's win Cup races."

Based upon last year's results the prediction would be considered to be true as drivers in their 20's won more Cup races in 2019 than drivers in their 40's won Cup races.

Am I close ?

@LewTheShoe, I want to make sure I fully understand this riddle of a prediction of yours that states "Drivers in their 20's will win more cup races than drivers in their 30's or in their 40's."

Based upon your protest of my original interpretation of the prediction, I believe you're trying to say that "Drivers in their 20's will win more Cup races than drivers in their 30's win Cup races OR Drivers in their 20's will win more Cup races than drivers in their 40's win Cup races."

Based upon last year's results the prediction would be considered to be true as drivers in their 20's won more Cup races in 2019 than drivers in their 40's won Cup races.

Am I close ?
No, that's not what I intended. I meant to predict that drivers in their 20's would win more than drivers of *any* other age group (but not predicting more than all other age groups combined). The three relevant age groups are: drivers in their 20's; drivers in their 30's, and drivers in their 40's. For those three age groups... 20's win more than either of the others.

The 2019 example says, if I had made this prediction last year, my prediction would have failed because 10 wins for the Young Guns was less than 21 wins for Middle Age guys in their 30's.

So that's what I intended. However, if you rule the prediction is too complicated, too dumb, or too time consuming to audit... just DQ the entry!!! I will not complain if you do that!!! Your job is tough enough as it is.:salute:

Still pretty confident in mine. Its come close.

Last time I checked, there were still 14 races left in the season.
He probably won't win either because someone predicted correctly that Custer would win, and I doubt anyone really thinks Harvick winning the most races is "bolder" than that

Back
Top Bottom