NASCAR 2024 - BOLD Prediction Thread

Interesting prediction.

Was the final result of the Richmond race (that Austin Dillon won) determined during the hearings or meetings that were held by NASCAR during the days following the race ?

Or did the meetings simply determine that Dillon wasn't eligible for the playoffs despite winning the race ?

Game Management is leaning towards the first one meaning that, if accepted, the prediction has been proven to be true.

Game Management is leaning towards the first one meaning that, if accepted, the prediction has been proven to be true.
I would lean towards the second one. Dillon was declared the winner at the time of the race ending. If they had taken away the win than the first one would be true but as Dillon was scored as the winner I don't believe that makes it true.

I would lean towards the second one. Dillon was declared the winner at the time of the race ending. If they had taken away the win than the first one would be true but as Dillon was scored as the winner I don't believe that makes it true.

Lifted from this article on NASCAR.com:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...d-penalty-austin-dillon-playoffs-eligibility/

"NASCAR officials ruled Wednesday that Austin Dillon’s win at Richmond Raceway would not count toward eligibility for the Cup Series Playoffs. The decision arrives three days after the Richard Childress Racing driver bashed his way to victory by crashing Joey Logano and Denny Hamlin on the final lap of Sunday’s Cook Out 400.

Dillon’s penalty was the most severe of a handful of those issued after Sunday’s race, which was decided by a chaotic last lap of overtime. After a full review of footage and data, NASCAR officials ruled Dillon’s victory would stand, but that his automatic berth in the 16-driver postseason field would be voided for violating Section 12.3.2.1.b of the NASCAR Rule Book, which deals with playoff eligibility and states: “Race finishes must be unencumbered by violation(s) of the NASCAR Rules or other action(s) detrimental to stock car auto racing or NASCAR as determined in the sole discretion of NASCAR.”

Therefore, it appears that:

The final result of the Richmond race was determined in a hearing or meeting held no less than 24 hours after the conclusion of the event.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...d-penalty-austin-dillon-playoffs-eligibility/

"NASCAR officials ruled Wednesday that Austin Dillon’s win at Richmond Raceway would not count toward eligibility for the Cup Series Playoffs. The decision arrives three days after the Richard Childress Racing driver bashed his way to victory by crashing Joey Logano and Denny Hamlin on the final lap of Sunday’s Cook Out 400.

Dillon’s penalty was the most severe of a handful of those issued after Sunday’s race, which was decided by a chaotic last lap of overtime. After a full review of footage and data, NASCAR officials ruled Dillon’s victory would stand, but that his automatic berth in the 16-driver postseason field would be voided for violating Section 12.3.2.1.b of the NASCAR Rule Book, which deals with playoff eligibility and states: “Race finishes must be unencumbered by violation(s) of the NASCAR Rules or other action(s) detrimental to stock car auto racing or NASCAR as determined in the sole discretion of NASCAR.”

The final result of the Richmond race was determined in a hearing or meeting held no less than 24 hours after the conclusion of the event.
Yes but it didn't change the outcome that was declared on the track. As I said if they took the win away from Dillon then absolutely, but keeping the same result in my opinion is not determining it afterwards.

Well it's tough to say if an actual disqualification was on the cards.
The final result wasn't changed in that meeting but did they consider changing it?

Well it's tough to say if an actual disqualification was on the cards.
The final result wasn't changed in that meeting but did they consider changing it?

That Dillon's would keep the win appears to be a determination made at the meeting.

If they didn't consider changing the final result then why was it that "after a full review of footage and data, NASCAR officials ruled Dillon’s victory would stand."

Again though even if you decide that there that's not deciding the outcome since the outcome was not changed from what happened on track.

The final result of at least one race in the 2024 NASCAR Cup Season will be determined in a hearing or meeting held no less than 24 hours after the conclusion of the event.
Again, though even if you decide that there that's not deciding the outcome since the outcome was not changed from what happened on track.

Indeed, NASCAR's ruling determined that the final result would not be changed.

However, it was that ruling, made three days after the race, that in essence determined the final result of the race as, unlike any other race, changing the result was under consideration.

I'll agree to disagree on the interpretation of that. In the end it's your game and I will go by your ruling.

Not a player here but I’ve never shied away from sticking my nose in where it doesn’t belong. 😎

Unbiased … The immediate outcome of the race was a win that included an automatic Playoff spot.

3 days and several meetings later, the “final” result was changed to exclude the playoff qualification. This will be further born out when RCR’s pay packet is a couple of million light at season’s end.

Cucumber.

It says 24 hours, which wasn't actually the case. You have the final word on this matter.

Just noticed that it was in fact the very next day. I would say the prediction is valid.

NASCAR 2024 - Bold Predictions thru 24 races.jpg

Right now, your problem isn't the words 'disqualified' or 'inspection'; it's 'two'.
Using this new liberal definition of my prediction opens the door to many possibilities in the future plus a complete analysis of all previous races might get that needed #2.

Just to clarify, in case someone misunderstood.

:sarcasm:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...lin-issued-penalty-for-engine-seal-violation/

"The No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing team and driver Denny Hamlin were issued an L2-level penalty for violating NASCAR’s engine inspection requirements, the sanctioning body announced Thursday.

The team was found in violation of Sections 14.7.1.E&F and 14.7.1.1.B&E of the NASCAR Rule Book. As a result, Hamlin and team owner Joe Gibbs were each docked 75 points and 10 playoff points, while crew chief Chris Gabehart was fined $100,000.

Additionally, Hamlin’s Bristol win will no longer count toward eligibility for the NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs, advancement in the playoffs or eligibility for non-points events and tiebreakers. Hamlin is a three-time race winner in 2024, including his Bristol triumph and is still locked into the postseason."

Back
Top Bottom