NASCAR at LeMans

Both cars shaken tested one last time at Sebring Monday and Tuesday before heading to France.

D6E1870F-AE24-4A15-9805-06A27C4EFBCA.jpeg

The team’s scrutineering time is 11:15 AM ET this Friday at the Place de La République. Then on Saturday they’ll be one of eight cars paraded through the streets of Le Mans at 9 AM ET after the second scrutineering session. Test day on Sunday.

The team’s scrutineering time is 11:15 AM ET this Friday at the Place de La République. Then on Saturday they’ll be one of eight cars paraded through the streets of Le Mans at 9 AM ET after the second scrutineering session. Test day on Sunday.
Uh oh.....scrutineering.......

Stay the **** out of the way of MY Toyota Hypercar.

Hypercar makes it sound like they are compensating for something

Pretty sweet crop of cars. They really are awesome and will only improve with time.
I agree. The BOP BS is making this very interesting all of a sudden.

Hypercar makes it sound like they are compensating for something
The first regulations had an emphasis on aligning with road-going production hypercars, with Aston Martin signing up to race a variant of the Valkyrie and Toyota of the GR Super Sport concept. AM pulled out and the Toyota burnt down in testing and never reached production, so the class name is a misnomer now. They’ve evolved pretty much back to prototypes.

You know, I'm not an expert or anything, but does a 3,400lbs stock car need all those aero fins? I'm not understanding the purpose of the extra fins, the giant ass spoiler and splitter in terms of how aero affects the car. Like, I know spoilers and splitters generate down force, but what does the fins on the side do? Also, does a 3,400lbs stock car need that much down force? Wouldn't you want the car to have some agility, especially on a course like Le Mans where part of it is on a literal narrow street that average commuter uses?

I'm just perplexed lol.

They needed to put some more downforce on the car, otherwise it would get run over in the Porsche curves.

Okay, but doesn't downforce make the car less responsive? Wouldn't you want a more responsive car through something like the Porsche curves?

This thing is really quick. Went 44th overall in the first session, which would’ve been 4th among GTE. They actually were further back in top speed at 185.17 MPH, so it speaks to how much downforce/drag they’ve added.

Having an all-pro lineup will be a big advantage on race day as they were the only team to have all three drivers lap under 4:00 this morning.

This thing is really quick. Went 44th overall in the first session, which would’ve been 4th among GTE. They actually were further back in top speed at 185.17 MPH, so it speaks to how much downforce/drag they’ve added.

Having an all-pro lineup will be a big advantage on race day as they were the only team to have all three drivers lap under 4:00 this morning.
Letting Knaus/HMS lead this project and working with IMSA was genius.

Serious potential here.

I'm too stoopid to figure out MotorTrend's content. I sign in with my cable provider credentials but all I see are canned programs. Nothing live, no schedule for live, or even replays.

Takes picture with the green thing in the shot...says the Nascar looks ridiculous :dunce:

Seemed like such a good idea until they unloaded. Just keep that piece of **** out of the way of MY Toyota GR010's!

Back
Top Bottom