NASCAR at LeMans

Watching the night practice broadcast and they said the initial lap time target was 3:54, but the ACO said they can take the gloves off and go for it and they’ve taken two inches of spoiler off and are going as quick as they can. They’re effectively the only car in the field running without any regulations or restrictions and not to any sort of performance table.

The car is actually slower on the straights than the GTEs thanks to the giant ass spoiler.
So the obvious question for this rookie.... Can you make the spoiler retractable. I'm guessing illegal

Watching the night practice broadcast and they said the initial lap time target was 3:54, but the ACO said they can take the gloves off and go for it and they’ve taken two inches of spoiler off and are going as quick as they can. They’re effectively the only car in the field running without any regulations or restrictions and not to any sort of performance table.

*Michael Waltrip with a can of rocket fuel has entered the chat.*

So, typical Hendrick.
I'm pretty sure Jeffy was around also

1686197278219.png

So the obvious question for this rookie.... Can you make the spoiler retractable. I'm guessing illegal
I got no response from kiante but does someone else who has knowledge care to give me the courtesy of a response?

I'm curious what the other teams think about the NASCAR.

How does the air from a large car affect the field?

I got no response from kiante but does someone else who has knowledge care to give me the courtesy of a response?
They're not competing in a class so I think they're allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.
If they start running faster lap times than the Hypercars the ACO might step in though.

I don’t think they would allow moveable aero for safety reasons. They were proposed in the Hypercar regulations but canned them later on. Like with DRS in F1, if it fails at a braking zone it can get ugly.

After this is done, what will be implemented to the Cup Cars for next season and will any prospective OEMs be interested after this?

Amazing to see its capabilities though.
Hopefully the engine (which supposedly has 100 more HP than the current Cup car) lasts for 24 hours and Cup can significantly increase the current HP.

This whole time I thought Taylor was in the Corvette this week and on reserve for the garage 56 car if needed, but he's not racing at all. Wonder why he wasn't chosen as 1 of the 3 to wheel this thing this week.

This whole time I thought Taylor was in the Corvette this week and on reserve for the garage 56 car if needed, but he's not racing at all. Wonder why he wasn't chosen as 1 of the 3 to wheel this thing this week.
With this effort being about introducing NASCAR to Europeans it wasn't a bad decision to have an F1 world champion and a former Le Mans winner drive it.
Jordan is a great driver but not very well known outside the world of IMSA racing.

What happened ?
The Hendricks car is out
OUT means outlap, they pitted recently.

Looks like what will hurt them over the course of a race distance is fuel efficiency, the GTEs are going several laps longer per stint. Also looks like the GTEs quit sandbagging and picked up some pace and Hendrick put some downforce back on the car for the race. Top speed is back in line with their counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom