NASCAR at LeMans

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
I’d be shocked if they let this thing go 235, they haven’t had those speeds since introducing the chicanes after ‘89.

The biggest focus I think is getting it quick enough through the corners that it doesn’t get flattened from behind through somewhere like Porsche Curves.
What do you think is a reasonable estimate for top speed?

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Is this likely to be the heaviest vehicle in the race? Will they be expected to make more than the usual number of brake changes?

FLRacingFan

Pervy dickhead troglodyte
Is this likely to be the heaviest vehicle in the race? Will they be expected to make more than the usual number of brake changes?
They’re shedding weight but who knows how much, the heaviest GTE car is likely around 2850 pounds dry from 3200 for the Next Gen.

“It’s definitely a big step. I mean, we have … where do I start?” Rockenfeller said after wrapping up his day’s work of hustling the car around the 3.27-mile VIR full-course layout. “We have less weight, we have a bit more downforce. Tires are the same, because we did the tire testing in Atlanta, so similar-ish. Power is a bit different, so we increased a little bit there as well in that area, Now we have paddle-shift, we have traction control in, we have a new dash. I mean, everything is different, basically. So we are pretty close to what we think will be the race car in Le Mans. But of course, it’s still a very long way to go.

“We will improve in pace and reliability, definitely. So I would say that’s the difference. Between the current Cup car, and this test car, again, it’s pretty much the same, I would say, its weight, its power, its tire grip – it’s just a lot faster. I mean, to give you a figure, around here, I think we are around 10 seconds faster than what I did in a Cup car, so it’s quite a lot faster.”

Top Bottom