NASCAR at LeMans

What would you call it when one team is handling everything to do with the car itself? Name another team that's involved with building this car, or another manufacturer. Having NASCAR involved doesn't make the car any less a Hendrick Chevy. It sure ain't a JGR Toyota or a Penske Ford. But go ahead and tell yourself it's something else if it lets you get to sleep at night.
I think this has been my point. In some releases, it's called a NASCAR effort...in others a Hendrick effort. My point is that if Mr. France would like this to be a NASCAR effort, he should probably involve the other OEMs instead of favoring one, and allowing the others to watch.

In some releases, it's called a NASCAR effort...in others a Hendrick effort.
That's easy to explain. What something is called ain't necessarily what it really is. The releases from NASCAR will always refer to the project as a NASCAR effort; PR, eh? Everyone else will call it a Hendrick / Chevy effort.

NASCAR's involvement is strictly administrative. They're providing minimal / no engineering or mechanical talent.

There is a reason why the OEM provides cars for their drivers. Remember the pissy fit Ford threw when Danica was seen getting out of Ricky's Chevy getting to the track? The thinking is that it does just that. He is provided a very nice Lexus LS F Sport among other things. Also has a FJ XL with a Lexus GX drivetrain and electronics being built....The GX and electrical components gifted to him by Toyota. I do understand that drivers have other things....I just don't like it....I am an OEM fanboy. KFB is a Toyota man, and that is how I want to see him.
I'm sorry lol but he's clearly not a hardcore Toyota man if he's gifted Toyotas but then with his own money and free choice he goes after classic Chevys.

Here's the thing though: both are good and he can enjoy them all for the different attributes they bring to the table. Custom FJ is cool, LS F Sport is good for daily commuting, and '57 Chevy is probably something he wanted to own since he was a kid. I'm sure he has lots of other vehicles too that all have a special place for him. Doubtful he had a poster of a 1957 Toyota Crown on his bedroom wall growing up though, you know?

For what it's worth Jeff Gordon has owned Ferrari's and Porsches and who even knows what else, despite being the Chevy posterboy for so many years on television. The job they have to respesent these brands in the public eye is just that - a job. In their personal lives even Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen own Ferraris. Suarez has a bunch of air-cooled VWs. Alex Bowman fairly recently picked up a Skyline GT-R. Last year Matt D was driving the Ford Motorcraft car, but had a Lamborghini Huracan and Mitsubishi Evo at home that he would talk about on podcasts and post on Instagram. They're not robots, they have their own tastes outside of the contractually obligated plug for the camera

The uproar about how Kyle Busch spends his OWN money on stuff he wants in his own free time is eerily reminiscent of that one time in RacingForums.com History when we had a poster hot under the collar due to Rick Hendrick spending his own hard earned money on too many Corvettes and not reinvesting that money into HMS....Same song, different dance in my view.

The uproar about how Kyle Busch spends his OWN money on stuff he wants in his own free time is eerily reminiscent of that one time in RacingForums.com History when we had a poster hot under the collar due to Rick Hendrick spending his own hard earned money on too many Corvettes and not reinvesting that money into HMS....Same song, different dance in my view.
Mr. H buying dozens of Corvettes is like us regular people buying matchbox cars.

It got deleted because the trolling got so bad but he wanted to know what changes you would have to do to make the cars run on Mars...
I’d imagine it would be tough to keep the cars on the ground. :headbang::headbang::bazooka::puffin::pbjtime:

I've always wondered if Toyota was spearheading this operation would @Revman be leading that fight to share whatever info is gained from this jaunt in LeMans with other OEM's in NASCAR?
Hell no. Still have the Camaro 2.0 taste in my mouth.

I’m pretty sure the series and NBC are both dumb enough to create a conflict somehow but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Honestly, an Indy race or two is worth missing for Le Mans anyways. It’s not like he’d be skipping the 500.
Let me say it’s not like he has a chance to win any race besides the 500 and that’s highly debatable

1657130230767.png

Test mule scheduled to hit the track in about a month.

Wouldn’t read too much into this but he mentioned Mike Rockefeller, Jeff Gordon, and Alex Bowman have all been in the sim so far. Lots of other driver apps to sort through it seems though.

Curious to know what that means. Does that mean the car is finished already?
It appears this is the G56 show car they’re taking to London this week for a motorsports business forum. I wonder how close it is to the real thing that will be testing in a few weeks…no dive planes sprouting out of the nose, doesn’t look to be a massive wing or spoiler at the back.

It appears this is the G56 show car they’re taking to London this week for a motorsports business forum. I
Would they have to present a show car to the sanctioning body? I assume that's done for approval of something.

OMG, a grille opening right in the middle of the grille decal. What's this sport coming to?

Garage 56 will be testing at Road Atlanta:

I have to say they’ve kept the identity of a Next Gen Camaro even more than I expected. Some small visible changes like a bigger spoiler and fueling through the RR window, but I think more people expected a more Frankensteined car.

Back
Top Bottom