Nascar can't go a week without making fools out of themselfs

FearThe4

Team Owner
I mean its something every week they do and make them look like fools and they made plenty dumb calls today.

1.screwed Kurt Busch out of a win knowing they was not going back green and lied to him.

2.starting the race at 1pm knowing it was noway they get done before the t storms pop up.should started it at 11 am like someone with some sense would do.

3.also stupid lightng rule.I know this is not Nascar fault but that if not for that we would had got this race in before the rain came.

also Haley has got to be one of the most undeserving Cup wins of all time.Biggest fluke I've even seen.

So when did NASCAR gain the ability to control mother nature and Kurt's CC Matt McCall ?

Fun fact, the lighting strike that put the race under the first red flag happened after Kurt Busch came down pit road , it happened less than a minute later, NASCAR was going to go back to green , the field was given the 1 to go, teams pitted to top off their fuel, everyone including NASCAR thought they were going back to racing.

So when did NASCAR gain the ability to control mother nature?

Fun fact, the lighting strike that put the race under the first red flag happened after Kurt Busch came pit road , it happened less than a minute later, NASCAR was going to go back to green when Kurt pitted, it was with 1 to go, they were going to go back to racing.
man don't confuse him with the facts.:p

So when did NASCAR gain the ability to control mother nature?

Fun fact, the lighting strike that put the race under the first red flag happened after Kurt Busch came down pit road , it happened less than a minute later, NASCAR was going to go back to green , the field was given the 1 to go, teams pitted to top off their fuel, everyone including NASCAR thought they were going back to racing.

Still think the lighting rule is the biggest bunch of crap ever and shows how soft we have become.I miss the good ole days when we was tough and did'n cry and get offended about everything.

1. NASCAR didn't screw Kurt Busch. A bizarre sequences of events did.
  2. NBC is spending $4.4 billion on this sport.
  3. People were injured/killed in Pocono because NASCAR raced during a lightning storm.
NASCAR was dealt a hand and had to play what they had. The outcome definitely sucks though.

Still think the lighting rule is the biggest bunch of crap ever and shows how soft we have become.I miss the good ole days when we was tough and did'n cry and get offended about everything.
In 2012 a fan got struck by lightening and was killed at pocono raceway.

Safety is far more important than someone's life. In my opinion anyway, to each his own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Happens in other sports too though. I remember devoting 7 hours to the Titans-Dolphins game last year as it was delayed several hours for lightning.

This rule has nothing to do with offending anyone, its about safety, and its not about being soft, its about begin smart, there is no 2nd chance with life, so why ****** gamble with it when there is no worth while reason too.

Thats all I got, carry on.

In 2012 a fan got struck by lightening and was killed at pocono raceway.

Safety is far more important than someone's life. In my opinion anyway, to each his own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
after paying out the settlement, and probably in order to be able to get insurance after that, I bet a concrete safety plan had to be made also

I mean its something every week they do and make them look like fools and they made plenty dumb calls today.

1.screwed Kurt Busch out of a win knowing they was not going back green and lied to him.

2.starting the race at 1pm knowing it was noway they get done before the t storms pop up.should started it at 11 am like someone with some sense would do.

3.also stupid lightng rule.I know this is not Nascar fault but that if not for that we would had got this race in before the rain came.

also Haley has got to be one of the most undeserving Cup wins of all time.Biggest fluke I've even seen.

I agree with all of this except..."also Haley has got to be one of the most undeserving Cup wins of all time.Biggest fluke I've even seen"

After the race was called and in the parking lot...
here ya go this will help ya to get it right
NASCAR fans at Pocono Raceway were advised over public address systems and through social media to take cover when lightning and heavy rain hit the track near the end of the race.

20 years ago the race would have started at 11. This is what happens when you let BIG TIME NBC run your "COMPANY"

MAKE NASCAR GREAT AGAIN

love the 20 20 hindsight start time posts. Like NBC doesn't have anything in their schedule BUT a Nascar race. I wish NASCAR one time would do that move it without TV coverage. Break some them from sucking eggs if they did.

NASCAR has such incredibly bad luck. One of the best races I've ever seen ends up being forgettable and the July Daytona tradition goes out with a whimper.

Based on radar, the storm was about a mile or two north of the track when they gave the "one to go."

Was there really no lightning in that storm for 30 minutes before the "one to go" was issued?

20 years ago the race would have started at 11. This is what happens when you let BIG TIME NBC run your "COMPANY"

MAKE NASCAR GREAT AGAIN
20 years ago Google was founded, the first MP3 player was introduced, the International space station was constructed,Saving Private Ryan was released, Frank Sinatra died, the Broncos won the superbowl.

NASCAR has such incredibly bad luck. One of the best races I've ever seen ends up being forgettable and the July Daytona tradition goes out with a whimper.

Luck is determined largely by skill, of which the NASCAR executives do not have.

Exhibit A:

What better way to connect with fans than insult them? NASCAR's default method of dealing with any sort of controversy is a whirlwind of denial and doubling down on whatever terrible decisions they make.

Based on radar, the storm was about a mile or two north of the track when they gave the "one to go."

Was there really no lightning in that storm for 30 minutes before the "one to go" was issued?

Austin Dillon mentioned seeing a lightning strike in his interview lol

NASCAR made a smart decision regarding the race and the weather. Haley just so happened being the benefactor. These circumstances have played out dozens and dozens of times over NASCAR's history. I'm just glad no one was hurt! Thunderstorms can get ugly in Florida this time of year....

Everyone complaining about the 30 min lightning clock a few weeks ago a motorcyclist died while riding his bike on 95 in ormond.

20 years ago Google was founded, the first MP3 player was introduced, the International space station was constructed,Saving Private Ryan was released, Frank Sinatra died, the Broncos won the superbowl.

On this day 20 year ago it probably wasn't even raining or even on a weekend day.

I miss the days when this forum wouldn’t bitch over everything that happens and start pointless threads to complain and moan all week about it until something happens the next week to complain about, and so on. NASCAR to the best of their ability tried to get the race fully finished and unfortunately that that didn’t happen and we got a winner who probably didn’t deserve to win, but so what, it’s not that big of a deal. What is the point of bitching and bitching about something that in end no one will care about a week from now. Who knows at this point

I thought the whole deal was Mickey Mouse. They should have called the race earlier

Race should have started at 11am. That's a pretty standard rain delay start time...anyone know the reason why they started at 1pm? I thought it was perhaps because of some live sporting event beforehand but when I turned on the TV at 12:58 and put it to NBC I caught the end of a riveting Power Air Fryer 30-minute commercial block.

Race should have started at 11am. That's a pretty standard rain delay start time...anyone know the reason why they started at 1pm? I thought it was perhaps because of some live sporting event beforehand but when I turned on the TV at 12:58 and put it to NBC I caught the end of a riveting Power Air Fryer 30-minute commercial block.
USA Soccer Game was on FOX

I was 20 feet from the lightning strike at Pocono and watched that guy die. The lightning rule is a great thing. Safety is #1.

I missed that Pocono race due to living in Montana at that time (flew in for the June event) but my parents were there. Said it was scary stuff. The way the stands are at Pocono everything creeps up from behind!

All major sports leagues/associations in North America have basically the same protocol regarding lightning! It's for EVERYONE'S benefit. NASCAR did absolutely nothing wrong. Just the way the cookie crumbled....

I will say the only problem I had with this whole deal is not starting the race earlier at 10am Florida time. Shoulda started it then got the hell out of there. You can’t be mad at the lightning they had no control over it, by that time NASCAR was at the mercy of Mother Nature. Kurt still got screwed though but what can you do.

Women's World Cup Final was running on FOX from 11 AM - 1 PM. Consider that FOX is a NASCAR partner and the match will probably earn well over 20M viewers it was probably a nonstarter for NASCAR and NBC to go head-to-head against that. NBC also already had the IMSA race scheduled from 1-4 PM so it was an easy window to slide the Cup race into.

Keep on watching the clown show and hoping for not clown results. The definition of insanity.
Short of a driver or fan getting injured again nothing moves me much one way or another here anymore...you could run a NASCAR weekend here in any month of the year and it would find a way to unravel regardless. I really hope no one thinks moving to late August is going to change anything.

Back
Top Bottom