NASCAR Champion's Week and Cup Banquet

I'm a little confused. Things like the ROY and Most Popular Driver were always announced during the Myers Bros. Breakfast/Luncheon. Did I miss one or both of the announcements yesterday?

Cyn2WvbUcAAVPtI.jpg:large
That's all the celebration I need to see.

The kids won't remember the days when the drivers wrote their own speeches and weren't reading someone else's words off the teleprompter . I can't watch todays crap , the soaps are more exciting .

I remember. That was fun to watch.

I don't know..... You can go back to as far back as these things started to be televised. There may have not been teleprompters but they are about the same speeches that they give today. They were full of thinking the sponsors/teams/fans. Not much has really changed IMO. Like races, some have more memorable moments than others.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused. Things like the ROY and Most Popular Driver were always announced during the Myers Bros. Breakfast/Luncheon. Did I miss one or both of the announcements yesterday?
Chase accepted his ROY trophy yesterday like you said was customary - most popular driver should be tonight, at least it was last year.

My lord, after the lap was cringe worthy this year. The hosts absolutely ruin it and make it just corny to the max.

Ask the drivers questions and let them answer without your constant quips and interrupting. Or just have no host and let these guys tell stories for an hour.

My lord, after the lap was cringe worthy this year. The hosts absolutely ruin it and make it just corny to the max.

Ask the drivers questions and let them answer without your constant quips and interrupting. Or just have no host and let these guys tell stories for an hour.

who were te hosts

Rutledge Wood couldn't keep his yap shut to save his life.

I know you're all guys except for TRL and Pat, and you probably don't care but I just saw Samantha Busch getting ready for the red carpet. Good lord that woman is gorgeous.

Jay Mohr is a lot better than people give him credit for. A lot of these drivers aren't exactly gleaming with personality so that leads to a generally non-laughy crowd imo. I enjoyed a lot of his jokes.

I missed it what happened

At the end of Denny's speech he thanked JD for giving him the chance with the team in the first place and got really suddenly choked up and said "say a prayer", almost crying and then walked away from the podium.

At the end of Denny's speech he thanked JD for giving him the chance with the team in the first place and got really suddenly choked up and said "say a prayer", almost crying and then walked away from the podium.

Aw man. I saw a pic of him at last years banquet and he looked a lot better than he did at Homestead 2 weeks before, guess it didn't last :(.

Well my unofficial bold prediciton of chase winning most popular didn't pan out

I’m old. I can’t hear jack.

Some say it’s because of the competitive shooting I’ve been doing since birth. I know better. It’s because of the rock I blast on the way to and from the matches. I love it loud.

I disagree with Mohr. Sting/Police stunk from day one.

Is there a story behind that?
I was talked into going to a sting concert on a date and it was a miserable experience and a waste of money. Of course that's just my opinion.

Reactions: sdj
It's an awards banquet. Why is there a singer at all?

But then I don't get why the tracks think a race needs an opening act, and if it does, why that band has to be at least 25 years removed from its last hit.

There's performers at every awards show, I guess just to entertain and take the monotony out of non-stop presenters and winners. Cause that does get old quick.

I noticed Ricky and Danica didn't make it onto the broadcast once - at least not from what I saw and I had my eyes glued to the whole deal. They're such sour pusses they probably decided not to even show up.

So the guy NASCAR hires to run the show tweets sh!t about the show? NASCAR cannot save itself from itself. If I am running NASCAR, that's the last anybody would see with that jack nut running the show. Idiot.

Mohr's done this six times, he has earned some room to speak his mind. All of this wanting to suppress any negative talk is dumb. Sting was a truly bizarre WTF choice of performer, and I don't know what his representatives thought they were gaining. But if what Mohr described is accurate, it's just disrespectful. I don't have to be a fan of Sting to recognize that he's f'ing Sting.

Mohr's done this six times, he has earned some room to speak his mind. All of this wanting to suppress any negative talk is dumb. Sting was a truly bizarre WTF choice of performer, and I don't know what his representatives thought they were gaining. But if what Mohr described is accurate, it's just disrespectful. I don't have to be a fan of Sting to recognize that he's f'ing Sting.
Sting has earned his respect in the music industry. LEGEND.
Next year's performer:

banjoboy.gif

Back
Top Bottom