NASCAR Champion's Week and Cup Banquet

Sting has earned his respect in the music industry. LEGEND.
Next year's performer:

banjoboy.gif
Dueling Banjo's would be an awesome improvement....

At least it would appropiate.....

Mohr's done this six times, he has earned some room to speak his mind. All of this wanting to suppress any negative talk is dumb. Sting was a truly bizarre WTF choice of performer, and I don't know what his representatives thought they were gaining. But if what Mohr described is accurate, it's just disrespectful. I don't have to be a fan of Sting to recognize that he's f'ing Sting.
Well said. I'm not a huge Sting/Police fan, but I recognize his place in music history and know that he's a legend in the industry. He deserved more respect than what he got.

The Eddie Vedder Tony Stewart tribute was both surreal and very cool.

As a woodworker I have to give a thumbs up to Daniel Suarez's for his carved wooden bow tie.

Mohr's done this six times, he has earned some room to speak his mind. All of this wanting to suppress any negative talk is dumb. Sting was a truly bizarre WTF choice of performer, and I don't know what his representatives thought they were gaining. But if what Mohr described is accurate, it's just disrespectful. I don't have to be a fan of Sting to recognize that he's f'ing Sting.

Mohr is an idiot. Has no investment in this sport that I am aware of. He isn't serious about anything during the evening. Why start now?

What if they got someone like Blake Shelton or Luke Bryan, to sing?

and i still offer my service to be the announcer or whatever they are called. I have style.

So who do you suggest should host next year?

I don't think it should be a stupid roast or show. How about speeches, trophy presentation, and go home. Bring back Kerry Tharp for a one off.

Who's the guy that does the ring announcin' for the rasslin' shows?

Get him.

I don't think it should be a stupid roast or show. How about speeches, trophy presentation, and go home. Bring back Kerry Tharp for a one off.
Revman........ that has to be the best post I have seen so far...... Bravo......... I HATE roasts....... stupidest things I have ever seen..... that's why I don't watch the banquets anymore...... Why do folks think it's funny to see someone put on the hotseat and have to act like they enjoy it and smile during the whole thing.... It's total Bullcrap...... where did the respect go for a season's work???? I applaud you for making that post............

Nothing wrong with trying to make it fun, not everything has to be stone-faced dead serious. It's an awards ceremony, not a funeral.
I never saw a thing funny about a ''roast''.... I am in total agreement with Revman....

Mark this day down on the calendar....... It's very seldom I agree with him.... his love for Toyota's........ I don't like 'em.... but..... I respect his total admiration and die-hard attitude........

Roasts are hilarious.

Find me an awards show that doesn't have jokes to kick the evening off. Some of y'all must live under rocks.

Mohr had made it very clear he is a huge NASCAR guy, and even spoke about how he came from a family of racing the other night. He seems very passionate about the sport from what I could tell.

I never saw a thing funny about a ''roast''.... I am in total agreement with Revman....

Mark this day down on the calendar....... It's very seldom I agree with him.... his love for Toyota's........ I don't like 'em.... but..... I respect his total admiration and die-hard attitude........
You guys are entitled to your opinions. I don't think an awards banquet requires a die-hard attitude though, just my opinion.

And I forget to watch it or record it, sounds like I either missed a lot, or missed nothing, on to the off the season dreaming about the drop of the green flag at Daytona.

The Eddie Vedder Tony Stewart tribute was both surreal and very cool.

No, really, this was by far the best segment of the show because of its unscriptedness.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...ed-by-surprise-guest-at-nascar-awards-856555/

It is interesting that these two connected and helped each other through tough times, and that a star of Vedder's stature saw fit to be there to honor Stewart. Then the surprise donation from the NASCAR community, very noble and fitting. This is the kind of moment I wish we could have more of. Notable people from outside the NASCAR realm coming in respectfully, and being treated with respect. Then it's not just an echo chamber.

I like The Police. I mean i'm not fan but they got some good stuff

Remember the year kelly Clarkson performed and the cameras caught Tony Stewart Yawning?

and Mike Helton had a look on his face that showed him about to run up on stage and start kissing kelly/?

Back
Top Bottom