Nascar Craftsman Trucks Championship Race Thread

Maybe, but the conditions exist independent of the playoffs. I don't think going back to a full season format will help these kids find talent.
Ok, putting it that way is fair. But don’t tell me this is a legitimate champion.

ARCA (which doesn't have a playoff format) and the Trucks are total jokes. NASCAR needs to do something about this. You have a bunch of idiots who can't drive and have no respect.

The grassroots of our sport is broken if it's producing this kind of crap.

Maybe, but the conditions exist independent of the playoffs. I don't think going back to a full season format will help these kids find talent.
Well I don’t think it would hurt, I think maybe it would teach them to race with more patience over the course of the season. But you’re right in a way, the talent these kids have, they really race over their heads. And the lack of patience, can’t get around a guy…just drive through him. It’s like a video game.

ARCA (which doesn't have a playoff format) and the Trucks are total jokes. NASCAR needs to do something about this. You have a bunch of idiots who can't drive and have no respect.

The grassroots of our sport is broken if it's producing this kind of crap.
On this we agree.

IMG_0780.jpeg

Well I don’t think it would hurt, I think maybe it would teach them to race with more patience over the course of the season. But you’re right in a way, the talent these kids have, they really race over their heads. And the lack of patience, can’t get around a guy…just drive through him. It’s like a video game.

ARCA has the same issue and they have a full season format. It seems a bit lazy to just say it's the playoffs. There's a systemic problem with driver development and it shows on multiple levels.

Forgive the naughty word please

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 56
Ok, putting it that way is fair. But don’t tell me this is a legitimate champion.

As legitimate as it can be in this train wreck of a series. They had to make it to the Championship Four in the first place.

This is not a legitimate series any more though. It's a bunch of rich kids and never will bes cosplaying as race car drivers.

ARCA has the same issue and they have a full season format. It seems a bit lazy to just say it's the playoffs. There's a systemic problem with driver development and it shows on multiple levels.
Apologies, I dont watch much ARCA. The ride buying, lack of respect racing turned me off a while ago, plus I can never seem to find it when it’s on. I’ll try to watch when I find it. I think to say what we saw tonight didn’t have a little to do with the points format, I don’t buy it. I honestly think it’s alot of the combination of what you’re saying up above and !!!!PLAYOFFS!!!!, we had two of our championship combatants wreck each other because one was going for it while being an idiot. If the points was more spread out or even locked up, I don’t think they race like that. I don’t want to go on a diatribe of full season vs playoffs, because I do agree with you and I’d tilt towards you being more right here about the driver development being broken, but I’d be cautious in saying that the playoffs system at least in this ladder of development has nothing to do with the d*ckhead racing we just saw.

I dont watch much ARCA. The ride buying, lack of respect racing turned me off a while ago,

This same **** is now in Trucks and will be in Xfinity in a few years unless NASCAR does something. The costs of racing have gotten so out of control that you can be a no talent hack with a check and get a ride in a top 3 series. Actual talents don't have the money to buy their way up the ladder. There are guys at your local short track that are better racers than 90% of the field tonight.

NASCAR needs to enact some kind of strict licensing system and stop letting 16 year olds drive in the Truck Series.

What an absolute **** show. If I had known it was going to be that bad, I would have went to bed HOURS ago. I've been up since 4:30 AM. I'm not sure which move was more stupid, Hocevar cleaning out Corey, or him trying to get back around him on the outside. That was world class stupidity right there. I want to like the kid, but his racing IQ much of the time is just embarrassing. I feel REALLY bad for Grant. He did not deserve how that ended up.

This same **** is now in Trucks and will be in Xfinity in a few years unless NASCAR does something. The costs of racing have gotten so out of control that you can be a no talent hack with a check and get a ride in a top 3 series. Actual talents don't have the money to buy their way up the ladder. There are guys at your local short track that are better racers than 90% of the field tonight.

NASCAR needs to enact some kind of strict licensing system and stop letting 16 year olds drive in the Truck Series.
I don 't think the 16 year olds were the problem tonight. Most of carnage was caused by guys who have been around long enough to know better.

Agreed. Figuring out how to fix this is above my IQ but I hope the trucks get fixed asap. I thought the series raced better with a mix of OG Truck Veterans, former Cup drivers who could still go, sprinkled in with some former past their prime Cup guys and talented youngsters looking to move up. I don’t know how we lost that but Tonight wasn’t….good. I hope we have a good clean rest of the weekend.

I don 't think the 16 year olds were the problem tonight. Most of carnage was caused by guys who have been around long enough to know better.

Agreed. The 16 year old thing is separate from the licensing system. If you're that young, you should be racing on a local short track and honing your skills, not buying a ride in a top 3 series.

NASCAR could devise a system to use simulators to test basic core competencies and then make the drivers do some laps in a real Truck. NASCAR should also revoke someone's license if they become a problem on the track.

Back
Top Bottom