Nascar Cup at the Indy Oval Pre-Race Thread

1721308753027.png

IRP Day!!!
The old Busch series was great at IRP and there was some great stuff on ESPNs Thursday Night Thunder broadcast back in the day. The Thursday night stuff wasn't always at IRP but it was all great stuff to me.

Rich Vogler memories he won a lot and then lost his life on a Saturday Night broadcast at the Salem Speedway.

Indy is a track that generates great nostalgia but less actual excitement for me. Love open wheel there but just can’t get as excited about Cup cars on the flat rack. It’s one place I prefer the road configuration and I’m not a huge road course fan. Ah well.
I have to agree. I am not sure what has happened but the racing at the oval just got worse and worse. I'd rather they were on the road course. Growing up a Bill Elliott fan and getting to see him win this race during his resurgence and then getting to see Kasey Kahne get his last win there was great. Would be really fitting to see Chase pull it off this weekend and have he and Bill become the first father-son duo to win the Brickyard 400. Would be a special win. I am cautiously optimistic with the speed they showed at Pocono but either way I don't expect the racing to be great. Go back and look at video of Kasey's win there and it's shocking how empty the place was. Very embarrassing for a crown-jewel race. When Bill won there in 2002, the place was FULL from one end to the other.

I guess Joe could show some of Kyle's cars, but he screwed him so badly he probably doesn't want to remind the fans of it.
Kinda looking like a great competitive decision as it all turns out....but you go Rowdy Nation. You go.
If Joe had one, I bet it's full of Chevrolets and Pontiacs, since most of JGR's success came under GM
We all have parts of our past we are not proud of.
Still waiting to see a tour of sold out Joe's car museum. :idunno:
Are you really waiting to see that?
He will likely buy it as well to add to his collection
He gets the best of the best....and is willing to pay for it per court records.

Please sweet Jesus...no rotation. The oval only, and forever. Please.

Agreed. It’s Oval or go somewhere else. Imo, They already race on enough road courses with the potential of going to Mexico and Montreal which is two more roadies. If I wanted to go watch auto racing competition on predominantly road courses I’d watch IMSA, Moto GP, F1 and to a lesser extent IndyCar. The premier stock car racing series in the United States should be racing at arguably the most famous oval in said country (Daytona also has a real good case to be made as well). Period.

I'm waiting until after the race to say. I agree with not going to the roval again, if this car isnt better than the old ones they should just take Indy off the schedule, or go to IRP but I don't see that happening.

Just downloaded the NBC Sports App so I could watch practice. since that's the only place it's showing. Not sure why it couldn't just be on Peacock and not sure why NBC has to essentially have two different apps, but whatever...I don't make the rules.

Just downloaded the NBC Sports App so I could watch practice. since that's the only place it's showing. Not sure why it couldn't just be on Peacock and not sure why NBC has to essentially have two different apps, but whatever...I don't make the rules.
I didn't bother. If everybody said F.U. Which they won't, they would do something different.

It's so damn annoying

Lest we forget 😁 . Condolences for the constant burbling of the Gerbils. Not a peep out of them mentioning Truex was on the concrete curb with the L.F..

Never mind that the authentication process with my provider was screwed up, and I missed the first 15 minutes. I said bad words.

Does anyone know how to get Indianapolis radio network to hear practice. IMS radio only shows indy nxt broadcast in its schedule

There was hardly anyone there in 2017. Deathbedders will be out and about on Sunday because even 60k will make it look super empty.
I see a segment of fans on social media rooting for this race to fail, confused as to why. I guess maybe previous editions of this race weren’t entertaining enough for them? I’ll never understand ruining the joy or excitement for someone else because you don’t like it. But that’s the world today where it’s easy to voice displeasure via a phone

I see a segment of fans on social media rooting for this race to fail, confused as to why. I guess maybe previous editions of this race weren’t entertaining enough for them? I’ll never understand ruining the joy or excitement for someone else because you don’t like it. But that’s the world today where it’s easy to voice displeasure via a phone
Because they are full of ****. I just watched the '20 race, and it was epic. I think some want it to fail because NASCAR looks lame when you can only draw 70k in a facility that holds 300k. I get that that place is only full for the 500, but optics. I also think that some want it to fail because they don't know **** about racing. There is a shot of the Tunnel in Pocono that is breathtaking the way those cars fly through it.....and you have four of those corners at Indy. It's the side by side, crash, and fight crowd. You know, the Pat McAfee Show crowd....the kind that ole Rowdy was kissing up to.....

Because they are full of ****. I just watched the '20 race, and it was epic. I think some want it to fail because NASCAR looks lame when you can only draw 70k in a facility that holds 300k. I get that that place is only full for the 500, but optics. I also think that some want it to fail because they don't know **** about racing. There is a shot of the Tunnel in Pocono that is breathtaking the way those cars fly through it.....and you have four of those corners at Indy. It's the side by side, crash, and fight crowd. You know, the Pat McAfee Show crowd....the kind that ole Rowdy was kissing up to.....
The optics of Cup cars coming off 4 down the straight by the covered grandstand and Pagota is just so damn cool imo

The wanting it to fail reaction is the response to people who want to act like this race is more important than it is. It's beaten in that this is a "crown jewel" I'm sorry it's not the race is younger than I am people talk themselves into the hype of Indy but it's an illusion.

Can anyone explain the reasons why NASCAR has changed the qualifying procedures? I mean, the A and B group qualification with the top five moving to a general has been around for a couple of years. Still do not understand why they did that, but it is what it is. But this year with the A in one row and the B in another, why? Also, why did they change the timing line from the start/finish? Why?

Cool qualifying format NASCAR, going from 1st to the 2nd row is a blast

Pole and a front row lock out. Bringing that ************* TRD heat! HELL YES!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom