Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 2004 system

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • other

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
M

masster 123

I also posted this reddit, but if NASCAR was to go back on to a full season champion, what is your dream points system to use. I had two: the indycar points system and a modified F1 points system which is.
1st 50
2nd 36
3rd 30
4th 24
5th 20
6th 16
7th 14
8th 12
9th 10
10th 8
11th 6
12th 5
13th 4
14th 3
15th 2
16th 1
17th-40th 0
I'm very conflicted on the two, but which one do all of you see as better or do you have your own

I like the way points are award now, but wish they'd just get rid of the playoffs.

So my answer keep everything they got now, BUT the playoffs. Ditch that and it's perfect to me.(which means playoff points are also ditched..)
would you keep the stages

For me, it really depends the race
Yeah. It's one of the few things NASCAR has came up with I actually do enjoy. Has made the racing at some tracks a bit better and made people have to use a bit more strategy sometimes. But wouldn't be opposed to ditching it
for me it really depends the race

I like the current system and think the playoff is great. All about winning which is what racing is about.

I like the current system and think the playoff is great. All about winning which is what racing is about.
there are some things I enjoy about this current system like when Kasey Kahne won Indy or when Austin Dillon won the Coke 600 and watching show their personalities

there are some things I enjoy about this current system like when Kasey Kahne won Indy or when Austin Dillon won the Coke 600 and watching show their personalities

Winning under any points system should really generate that kind of emotion. I dont think that is a result of the point system.

Points threads are pretty much pointless these days. We've got what we've got. It ain't going to change until it changes again, o_O, and it sure as hell isn't going to be anything that we've asked for. History repeats itself. :mad:

It's obvious that we all can't agree on what the system should be. It's no wonder we are where we are in this sport.

I like the way points are award now, but wish they'd just get rid of the playoffs.

So my answer keep everything they got now, BUT the playoffs. Ditch that and it's perfect to me.(which means playoff points are also ditched..)
I'm with you, but at least the playoff points will make the playoffs a lot more tolerable. The 2014-2016 chase/playoff system was hot garbage, all 12 remaining after Dover starting with the same amount of points was a damn joke. The drivers with a better regular season should have an easier path to the championship than those who barely make it in, and I believe the 2017 format has fixed that.

Anybody else get an offer from homestead for 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs, and 4 drinks for $200? So yeah, people love this format, cannot get enough of it. Eventually nascars attempt at ending the season with a super bowl, will start eroding the fan base that show up for their already established little super bowl in Daytona.

I vote for an f1 like system that gives the winner of the race twice the points that second gets, and anybody outside the top ten a "thanks for coming."

We have all been over this time and again. Do I like the current points system? No. I like the old points where you run the most consistent throughout the year in all the varying situations and conflicts, you win the championship.:punkrocke

My biggest aggravation with the stages is the DUMB ASS Caution that comes with it. :mad:

We have all been over this time and again. Do I like the current points system? No. I like the old points where you run the most consistent throughout the year in all the varying situations and conflicts, you win the championship.:punkrocke

My biggest aggravation with the stages is the DUMB ASS Caution that comes with it. :mad:
I'd think in 2004, they should have just adjusted the point system

I'm with you, but at least the playoff points will make the playoffs a lot more tolerable. The 2014-2016 chase/playoff system was hot garbage, all 12 remaining after Dover starting with the same amount of points was a damn joke. The drivers with a better regular season should have an easier path to the championship than those who barely make it in, and I believe the 2017 format has fixed that.

Well in mine it's no need for the playoff points since I ditch the playoffs as well. :p but yeah the playoff points will be good for those who have a great regular season with the playoffs.

Screenshot_2017-07-28-20-18-22-1.png

Back
Top Bottom