Nascar fans life style changes

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
What kind of life style changes have you made and have you found yourself getting interested into things that you normally never did before this crisis happened? Because I'm home so much now, and because I'm on the computer and watching tv so much more then before, my sleeping clock has changed dramatically. Since I'm not physically tired I only sleep from around 2.00 am to around 6.00 am.:mad: I have also found myself getting interested in watching some sports that I never had the desire to watch before. The most surprising one to me is golf. I have never had an interest in watching or playing golf, but I have been watching some of the 2019 tournaments on the past 2 Saturdays and Sundays, and I'm already looking forward to this weekends 2019 tournament. :director:GO TIGER. I also tried watching ice hockey...but that may take a little more time to hook me. :)

My sleep schedule has changed as well. I watch a lot of tv shows and currently playing Nioh on PS4. Great game!

Nothing really. Brisk walk first thing in the morning, then coffee on the patio. Then work on a house project till 6. Then happy hour on patio, followed by a couple hours tv and to bed. Repeat next day.

I can fish all weekend now.
We are in lockdown and aren't allowed to take our boat out for a fish if you can believe it! And the weather had been wonderful. Its during me nuts..... This was an hour ago
20200401_115014.jpg

My brain has kind of shut down...like I'm trying to be productive and do things but it's not happening, just this weird constant stress feeling

Nothing has really changed for me. Still working, only difference is they’ve taken away one of our OT days. Still up every morning at 4:00 am.
I might use my extra day off to get my garage more organized.

Reactions: sdj
Aside from playing video games more than usual, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I can only clean the apartment so much before it becomes useless. And I'm waiting for new furniture to be delivered, so I have no need to spend every day rearranging like I enjoy doing so much.

All I have done for the last month is plow snow at home and for some neighbors.
Now we are warming up and there is no need. Just sitting around waiting for the ice to go so I can do some fishing. I will go after northern Pike until walleye season opens.

All I have done for the last month is plow snow at home and for some neighbors.
Now we are warming up and there is no need. Just sitting around waiting for the ice to go so I can do some fishing. I will go after northern Pike until walleye season opens.

Fishing report -- need to include boat, tackle and bait details. :)

Fishing report -- need to include boat, tackle and bait details. :)
haha, very simple guy here, just a little 12 foot aluminum boat with 2 hp motor I bought in 74. Drift down river couple miles tolling with a spoon until I get to the creek then drop anchor and cast a little while. Guaranteed at least 3 Northern in 1/2 hour or less.
Walley is at the mouth of creek into the lake during spring. Our limit is 4 so I fish for awhile then my wife and SIL come meet me and we now have 12 for the freezer.
Very quiet, no stress and seldom do I see a Game Warden.

Back in Feb. Purchased beach permit for truck to drive on cape Hatteras national seashore,new tackle box, tackle, rods and reels tuned up. 24' camper ready to go do some springtime surf fishing. Then, lockdown!! Oh well, maybe this fall.

Besides school work, I got into iRacing which before all this I wouldn’t have thought of. It’s nice to have considering I can’t play golf at the moment

Played guitar so much the first week of this what I wore a hole in the tip of my index finger. That said, my playing is still awful.

Been hunting a lot during Spring Gobbler season here in central Florida. We have the, sub species, Osceola Wild Turkey in my area of Florida south of Hwy 70. Pretty much 5 weeks in the woods at my camp, hunting relaxing and maybe a drink of George Dickel before supper :) . I use my hotspot from my phone to check news and email. The only TV I have is DVD videos and my music,(love me some Merle Haggard) which is great :booya::jamming:, I scan the news on line, maybe once every two days, same oh same oh.

Picture below is a Gobbler I called in for my Wife last Friday 3-27-2020.

Turkey Gails Bird 3-27-2020.jpg

The picture below is One of the Gobblers I called in and harvested 3-18-2020 at 7:30AM. They are a beautiful super smart birds, hard to hunt and they taste great.

Turkey 3-18-2020 7-30am - 2.jpg

Jealous of all the fish and game shots. I'm still raking the yard

The company I work for provides parts and services for several essential industries, so my work schedule hasn't changed much.

However travel has become worse.

Planes are nearly empty and flights get cancelled without notice.

Hotels basically want you doing nothing besides going directly to your room - no pool, workout room, breakfast, only clean your rooms before you check in and after you check out. Most hotels are locked at all times and don't have anyone stationed at the front desk

Food is harder to get as all restaurants, besides fast food and a guy can only eat so much of that.

Only bright side is that rental cars are in such low demand that you can get anything you want

The company I work for provides parts and services for several essential industries, so my work schedule hasn't changed much.

However travel has become worse.

Planes are nearly empty and flights get cancelled without notice.

Hotels basically want you doing nothing besides going directly to your room - no pool, workout room, breakfast, only clean your rooms before you check in and after you check out. Most hotels are locked at all times and don't have anyone stationed at the front desk

Food is harder to get as all restaurants, besides fast food and a guy can only eat so much of that.

Only bright side is that rental cars are in such low demand that you can get anything you want
Down in NZ we have no fast food outlets open. All have been ordered closed. The supermarket and some liquor stores only shops open.

Back in Feb. Purchased beach permit for truck to drive on cape Hatteras national seashore,new tackle box, tackle, rods and reels tuned up. 24' camper ready to go do some springtime surf fishing. Then, lockdown!! Oh well, maybe this fall.
Ahhh.....Hatteras, my old surfing, stomping ground
been over 25 years since I've been on those beaches

The only thing for me that has changed is what I do with my Sundays right now.

Ahhh.....Hatteras, my old surfing, stomping ground
been over 25 years since I've been on those beaches
Things are way different than they were 25 years ago. Beach permits, closed sections of beaches for bird and turtle nest, can't spend the night on the beach anymore.... And the fishing is nowhere near what it was... But it's still Hatteras!

I did the weekly grocery shopping today and it wasn't to bad. There wasn't that many people there and the shelves were pretty full except still no Lysol spray or hand sanitizer. I got everything I needed at Ralphs except they didn't have any eggs in the cooler. I went to Stater Bros and their cooler was stocked full of eggs.:confused:

I fear that many fans may experiment with alternative lifestyles and because of that NASCAR will never be the same.

dont tell anyone,but iam going to desert and get lost for the day

Back
Top Bottom