NASCAR Heat coming back!

Its been far too long without a legitamite NASCAR racing game.

I think gaming companies are looking at iRacing and saying "hey! We want some of that cheese!"

Hopefully it'll be better than the garbage Eutechnyx has put out the last several years. The EA games got pretty lame toward the end too.

I agree. Eutechnyx poisoned the well to some extent for NASCAR games. I think there might be some overlap in the devlopers of this game with that company, but still hoping for the best. I think they know what "NASCAR Heat" means to a lot of fans.

All I really require is 1) Cars not on rails 2) A relative-glitch free experience (where Eutechnyx REALLY failed, like the worst of any mainstream game company I've ever seen) and 3) A decent career mode. If this game can do that, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Eutechnyx AI programmers were the first ones to get fired. I don't think those guys ever watched NASCAR.

All I really require is 1) Cars not on rails 2) A relative-glitch free experience (where Eutechnyx REALLY failed, like the worst of any mainstream game company I've ever seen) and 3) A decent career mode. If this game can do that, I'll be happy.
We haven't had even a somewhat decent career mode in a long time. That's critical for a good game, imo.

Btw, as we talk about drawing younger fans, I think having a current-gen video game that represents the sport well is a big key. I had no one in my family who liked racing. But I picked up the original NASCAR Racing PC game out of the bargain bin at Best Buy and started to become intrigued. A few months later, I was watching the ends of the real races. By the next year, I was watching them completely. I bet others have similar stories.

Keep in mind many of the previous games were just arcade games, not sim games like NR2003 was. It will have to be more like a sim game for me to buy it.

Hopefully the Eutechnyx AI programmers were the first ones to get fired. I don't think those guys ever watched NASCAR.
Some of the people from Eutechnyx are behind DMI, while thankfully its not the programmers.

The highest finishing driver will be on the official cover.

Talk about Toyota money eh?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay, if they're aligned with Toyota, I'll boycott :D. In all seriousness, it will be hard for me to buy something with Kyle Busch on it. Here's hoping one of the others does best.

The last few games were clearly made by people who don't have a clue about what Nascar is or how it works. Say what you will about EA but those games were gold compared to nascar 11(or whatever they called it) and after.

The games sound like a lot of fun but I am still stuck in the 80's with Galaga.

The NASCAR Forza expansion isn't half bad either. Definitely good enough to hold me over until September.

The NASCAR Forza expansion isn't half bad either. Definitely good enough to hold me over until September.

I switched from Xbox to ps4 literally the week before the Forza announcement. :/

The last few games were clearly made by people who don't have a clue about what Nascar is or how it works. Say what you will about EA but those games were gold compared to nascar 11(or whatever they called it) and after.
And you are correct, they (Eutechnyx) is located in the UK , so yeah.

I switched from Xbox to ps4 literally the week before the Forza announcement. :/
sweet, I am on PS4, PSN is nascarfan49, do you play GTAV?

DMR is the same group who created the orginal NASCAR Heat & Dirt To Daytona.

The game will be simulation style racing - not arcade.

The DMR team assembled Logano, Ryan Blaney and Keselowski to make the game as authentic as possible.

NASCAR Heat: Evolution will debut on Sept 13 2016

The DMR team assembled Logano, Ryan Blaney and Keselowski to make the game as authentic as possible.

Does simulation style mean you can only play with a wheel and pedal?

Does simulation style mean you can only play with a wheel and pedal?
Not at all sir

It just means the drivability is more realistic. Take project cars for example. If you try to throw you car into a turn and slam on the brakes at the last second and then floor it, you will wipe out 100% guarantee.

You have to treat it like a real vehicle. Easy does it.

You can hook up a wheel and pedal set up if you want though.

So nothing but Gibbs guys nominated for the cover when the Penske guys did all the work, lol.

I was hoping for Truex on the cover but I'll take Carl.

Hopefully the AI actually spread out and don't run in a pack at almost every track. Problem with the ETX games is that you're either the fastest car or the slowest car because all the AI were basically running the same as each other, at least what I observed.

I was hoping for Truex on the cover but I'll take Carl.

Hopefully the AI actually spread out and don't run in a pack at almost every track. Problem with the ETX games is that you're either the fastest car or the slowest car because all the AI were basically running the same as each other, at least what I observed.
Yep, I hated the last couple games. You can't get more than two tenths ahead of the entire pack at any track, unless on a very easy level.

Yep, I hated the last couple games. You can't get more than two tenths ahead of the entire pack at any track, unless on a very easy level.
Yes you can...just need a good setup. It's honestly pretty easy to lap the entire field in 20% race at any track (including Talladega) on even the hardest difficulty setting.

Yes you can...just need a good setup. It's honestly pretty easy to lap the entire field in 20% race at any track (including Talladega) on even the hardest difficulty setting.
Can I have your set ups lol because when go past the first two difficulty settings I can't get away. I can lead, but everybody is right behind me.

Great news. I used to play all the Papyrus/Sierra games on PC, and all the EA games (plus Dirt to Daytona) on console. I still play Dirt to Daytona every now and then, it's a fantastic game.

Can I have your set ups lol because when go past the first two difficulty settings I can't get away. I can lead, but everybody is right behind me.
It's been a long time since I played the '15 game, but I could give you some tips. PM me on here and I'll see what I can do. (Anyone else can PM me too about this...I can make it a group conversation).

No..............Monster Games did the original Heat and DTD, DMR is the new developer , Ed Martin was on the Eutechnyx team, and left to help create DMR

I was dumb and bought all of the Eutechnyx NASCAR games, including 14, but I cant be bothered to play it, I tried , it was just bad, have not bought 15, and at this point, I think I am going to skip it and just wait for Heat.

No..............Monster Games did the original Heat and DTD, DMR is the new developer , Ed Martin was on the Eutechnyx team, and left to help create DMR
It was Monster Games and Infogrames that did Dirt To Daytona
It was Monster and Crawfish Interactive that did the second Heat that was on the PS2
Monster Games and Hasbro did the the first Heat that was for the PS1 and PC

Hopefully it's like Heat and D2D where there's a realistic damage mode and repairs actually take more than ten seconds to complete.

Hopefully it's like Heat and D2D where there's a realistic damage mode and repairs actually take more than ten seconds to complete.
Or A.I. that isnt one long line-o cars around the track

Back
Top Bottom