NASCAR Heat Evolution out today!

Yes! I played this morning before going to work on my xbox, seems wicked cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Tonight will give it some more, but as far as I played, loved it! You can customize it to your liking (paint scheme, race, car, pit stops, career, etc), visuals look great to me, so far, very very good... my brother also has it, will play online tonight...

e228e2fe5852b0ad1c2da76e3b01ead8.jpg
ace031ca2f2c43b22c8b87fecd45ee60.jpg
b3dcb9a2702261f6751c4112775d7857.jpg

Tonight will give it some more, but as far as I played, loved it! You can customize it to your liking (paint scheme, race, car, pit stops, career, etc), visuals look great to me, so far, very very good... my brother also has it, will play online tonight...

Nice. Did you play the Eutechnyx games? How does it compare?

I have some quick gameplay videos, will post them shortly so that you get an idea..

I put it in the wall because it was hard to do both things, hold the cel phone in one hand and the controller in the other... maybe we can start a racing video game group and play together. Although, AFAIK, no cross platform online gameplay, xbox with xbox, ps with ps...

Grabbing on lunch break today, so pumped!

Is there tire fall-off? I watched some gameplay video and couldn't really tell. It does seem like there is a good degree of difficulty to it though which is what I was hoping for. I also heard it drives a little choppy on a regular controller, but is much better with a steering wheel.

Is there tire fall-off? I watched some gameplay video and couldn't really tell. It does seem like there is a good degree of difficulty to it though which is what I was hoping for. I also heard it drives a little choppy on a regular controller, but is much better with a steering wheel.

I think (and maybe Javier can correct this) that they brought back the effect of wedge on the straights--so that you have to turn right to keep the car straight. This can be a bit annoying with the controller, but something realistic that I'm used to from NR2003.

I think (and maybe Javier can correct this) that they brought back the effect of wedge on the straights--so that you have to turn right to keep the car straight. This can be a bit annoying with the controller, but something realistic that I'm used to from NR2003.
Yes, the wedge is there, at least this morning I experienced it...I tried controller only, later today will try my driving wheel setup...

Don't know about tire fall-off yet, will check later, but you can customize just about everything there is (gameplay difficulty, car setup, pit stops, race settings, there's a lot of stuff there that I didn't have time to tinker with)

The hands on reviews I've seen other than here have led me to believe we have another junker on our hands.
Someone will get it right one day.

Man...this guy had a quite lengthy, detailed, and brutal review...

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/09/12/its-not-very-good-the-review-of-nascar-heat-evolution/

"The insane speeds modern NASCAR Cup cars are hitting in 2016 just aren’t present in NASCAR Heat Evolution, and as someone who’s got a copy of Dirt to Daytona sitting on the shelf, I can say with confidence that the developers literally just inserted new 3D models into the old set of car physics and called it a day. It’s difficult to touch 200 MPH at Daytona or Las Vegas, the cars are two whole seconds off pace at Bristol (17 seconds in game, 15 in real life) and Texas (29 seconds in game, 27 seconds in real life), and by some act of God I can hold the thing nearly wide-open around Atlanta Motor Speedway, touching 181 mph through the center of the corner when they’re down to the low 160’s in real life thanks to a notoriously difficult track surface and low downforce aerodynamics package. None of this **** exists in Heat Evolution, and it basically feels like I’m driving a 2002 Winston Cup car – because I probably am."

I still have dirt to daytona and enjoy running the dirt tracks in it once in awhile, but that's crappy if in 2016 it's the same game with prettier graphics.

I played it some last night, just quick races on the default settings, and enjoyed it. I'm sure once you dig into the game and adjust the settings to up the difficulty and make it more simulation than arcade, it'll be pretty good. Just from the few races I ran, I thought the AI was more realistic than any Nascar console game I've played.

Man...this guy had a quite lengthy, detailed, and brutal review...

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/09/12/its-not-very-good-the-review-of-nascar-heat-evolution/

"The insane speeds modern NASCAR Cup cars are hitting in 2016 just aren’t present in NASCAR Heat Evolution, and as someone who’s got a copy of Dirt to Daytona sitting on the shelf, I can say with confidence that the developers literally just inserted new 3D models into the old set of car physics and called it a day. It’s difficult to touch 200 MPH at Daytona or Las Vegas, the cars are two whole seconds off pace at Bristol (17 seconds in game, 15 in real life) and Texas (29 seconds in game, 27 seconds in real life), and by some act of God I can hold the thing nearly wide-open around Atlanta Motor Speedway, touching 181 mph through the center of the corner when they’re down to the low 160’s in real life thanks to a notoriously difficult track surface and low downforce aerodynamics package. None of this sh!t exists in Heat Evolution, and it basically feels like I’m driving a 2002 Winston Cup car – because I probably am."

I've heard about the "wide open at 1.5 miles" problem. I While not perfectly realistic, can't a driver just barely touch the brake for a couple laps on new tires at AMS? There is huge drop-off, but initially before worn tires I might think so. I suspect the lap times issues is more a product of the adaptive AI, but not sure..

I've read a couple of these reviews, including the one ADub posted above, and most of the complaints are BS that 95% of people won't care about. The only true legitimate gripe is the AI difficulty which I'm sure can be fixed with a simple patch/title update.

This is the first Nascar game these guys have made in what, 15 years? I'm not sure what people were expecting. Unlike the Eutechnyx and later EA games it actually has a solid foundation, so the little stuff will be cake to fix.

IMO it's about a $25 to $30 game. I can't say I'm real impressed with it. The AI is pretty decent to race with, but when the car is no fun to drive that's about useless to me. It feels like they let an 8 year old design the car physics. I'd say Dusenberry Martin Racing better be ready for this game to bomb in sales.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but after playing with it for 15-20 mins this morning, I found the game worth it. I mean, I have spend the morning reading reviews and general opinions and I can say that I am not that picky or strict that a few mph difference from real life or details kills the game for me. I mean, I never expected it to be 100% accurate when compared to real life, therefore a few shortcomings or glitches are to be expected, which likely will get fixed as we roll along. It is a game after all, and my goal is to have as much fun as I can with it. I play Forza motorsports as well as Horizon (Have 1, 2 and waiting for 3 coming up at end of month) and I enjoy all very much. It all depends on your mindset and expectations, I appreciate and respect other's opinions, but for me, I like it, things are what you make of them...I choose to enjoy the game in company of my kids, friends, family, and online gamers... Can't wait to get home and play some more...

I've read a couple of these reviews, including the one ADub posted above, and most of the complaints are BS that 95% of people won't care about. The only true legitimate gripe is the AI difficulty which I'm sure can be fixed with a simple patch/title update.

This is the first Nascar game these guys have made in what, 15 years? I'm not sure what people were expecting. Unlike the Eutechnyx and later EA games it actually has a solid foundation, so the little stuff will be cake to fix.

I am rooting for these guys, and hope they can make a more complete Nascar experience game in the future. I think a game that goes form Modifieds, to K&N, to Trucks, to Xfinity, to Cup would be awesome. If this game is just Cup Racing Arcade Simulator it will fail in my opinion.

IMO it's about a $25 to $30 game. I can't say I'm real impressed with it. The AI is pretty decent to race with, but when the car is no fun to drive that's about useless to me. It feels like they let an 8 year old design the car physics. I'd say Dusenberry Martin Racing better be ready for this game to bomb in sales.

I really think the success of this game will be on how well the online aspect of it is.

I'm starting to wonder if iRacing sucks up too much of the market/money in the NASCAR games segment to ever have a true flagship game again.

I'm starting to wonder if iRacing sucks up too much of the market/money in the NASCAR games segment to ever have a true flagship game again.

No we just need a developer to be more like iracing. There is a console market for an iracing game, however Iracing refuses to go to consoles.

No we just need a developer to be more like iracing. There is a console market for an iracing game, however Iracing refuses to go to consoles.

That's an interesting idea. I don't know if iracing could run their physics on a console, i.e. computing power, but that would be a good idea either way. They could create a NASCAR version of the iracing sim for the console and only sell the NASCAR cup series. Release a new version once a year and use it as a honey trap to get the hard core sim racers interested in the PC version that has more content.

I'm sure there are huge licensing issues along with the software issues, but a cool idea anyway.

Well I just picked up my copy from Best Buy a few mins ago. I plan on closing myself off to the world and playing the heck out of it after work and will certainly share my opinions. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

That's an interesting idea. I don't know if iracing could run their physics on a console, i.e. computing power, but that would be a good idea either way. They could create a NASCAR version of the iracing sim for the console and only sell the NASCAR cup series. Release a new version once a year and use it as a honey trap to get the hard core sim racers interested in the PC version that has more content.

I'm sure there are huge licensing issues along with the software issues, but a cool idea anyway.

I think there's a reason you don't see simulator games on consoles very often, whether it's NASCAR or Flight/Train sims. The market for those is niche, and those that are into it are more likely to be PC gamers. I loved NR2003, but I would go into the code to make it less technical (lessen tire wear, increase grip etc).

When is the new PC game supposed to be out? I find these console games lacking to PC sim games.

This is the new pc game. It's out on the xbox one, ps4 and pc.

Iracing could most certainly run on the PS4 or XBone. I was running it on hardware much worse than those two. Now will it be crisp and clean? Maybe to as good as an i7 and gtx1080

Bought the game and downloaded to the PS4 for later tonight. Been watching streams of people doing a lot of online racing. One thing that concerns me is it looks like controller racers were keeping up with or out running wheel racers. Watched a guy with a wheel running perfect lines and guy in front of him was all over the track pulling away from him. That is a little concerning.

Back
Top Bottom