NASCAR Heat Evolution out today!

So this game is pretty much unplayable on a wheel. I get no feel between the car and the track. My car spun out and my wheel did nothing. Just stayed put and didn't even move. I only get feed back if my car hits something.

You're very disturbed.
disturbed-smile-o.gif

So this game is pretty much unplayable on a wheel. I get no feel between the car and the track. My car spun out and my wheel did nothing. Just stayed put and didn't even move. I only get feed back if my car hits something.
Lucky you, my wheel does not work at all (thrustmaster), and they state that it works...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

NASCAR...what a horrendous looking game.

Just saw a review of it and it looks disgusting to be blunt. Why do the cars look like they have a coat of sand on them? The graphics are not polished at all.

Also, the gameplay looks like the late EA games. They all run in packs on tracks like California and Kansas. Just wrong.

Is there in depth driver stats this go around? In career mode, can you see how many wins/t5/10/Etc you and ai drivers have in seasons and careers?

Just saw a review of it and it looks disgusting to be blunt. Why do the cars look like they have a coat of sand on them? The graphics are not polished at all.

Also, the gameplay looks like the late EA games. They all run in packs on tracks like California and Kansas. Just wrong.

I would agree with you that the graphics aren't the best. To me, though, it looks decent enough and graphics take a back seat to gameplay. To your other point, my experience has been that pack racing doesn't happen at non-plate tracks after a few laps. I would say the game is fairly realistic in this regard--the field spreads out and cars get lapped. I actually find lapping happens too fast if anything. I was lapping cars at Bristol after 15 laps.

I would agree with you that the graphics aren't the best. To me, though, it looks decent enough and graphics take a back seat to gameplay. To your other point, my experience has been that pack racing doesn't happen at non-plate tracks after a few laps. I would say the game is fairly realistic in this regard--the field spreads out and cars get lapped. I actually find lapping happens too fast if anything. I was lapping cars at Bristol after 15 laps.

15 laps isn't actually too far off seeing how at real races the leader already has a half track lead on last place.

**** yo thrust master! Does this game track statistics or nah?

Have you played the game?

Guys, don't get this. It's a $20 PS2 game masquerading as a $60 PS4 game. We deserve better.

Some folks are insufferable.

I just play games for fun.

This game is fun. The AI makes it fun. Its a challenge. Step up.

If you want outstanding graphics to sacrifice AI realism & no real story/career mode - stick with pcars & Forza.

Some folks are insufferable.

I just play games for fun.

This game is fun. The AI makes it fun. Its a challenge. Step up.

If you want outstanding graphics to sacrifice AI realism & no real story/career mode - stick with pcars & Forza.

The decent ai is intriguing.

The decent ai is intriguing.
For me, its that the AI actually reacts to where you are around them.

In 95% of other racing games I've frequented the AI is on a set rail & will slap run you over if you are on their rail. Its frustrating as hell.

NHE's adaptive AI is a breath of fresh air.

As far as patchwork, Ive seen devs talking in depth with redditors about the game. The are scheduled to release updates as early as next week.

In 95% of other racing games I've frequented the AI is on a set rail & will slap run you over if you are on their rail. Its frustrating as hell.

Exactly. I have noticed that if you "pick" your line before the midway point on the backstretch at most tracks, the AI car in front of you will usually give you enough room entering the next turn. Things can get messy if you just bump draft the car in front of you as they will have no idea where you want to go, which usually ends up in them blocking you and 1 or both of you getting in a sticky situation entering the next turn. It is definitely the most realistic AI in any console-based NASCAR game. The AI gets more intelligent the higher the difficulty setting is and the higher your speed rating at the track you are racing.

Did you just say this game had more AI realism than Project Cars? LOL

I dont even like Project Cars that much but in terms of realism/car setups, atmosphere, Project Cars completely blows this game out of the water.

Did you just say this game had more AI realism than Project Cars? LOL

I dont even like Project Cars that much but in terms of realism/car setups, atmosphere, Project Cars completely blows this game out of the water.
The AI in Project Cars (and Forza and Gran Turismo) is AWFUL. The graphics and atmosphere in those games are better, but that's it. I always felt like I was racing by myself in those games because the AI was incredibly predictable and they had no regard for a human racer on the track.

The AI in Project Cars (and Forza and Gran Turismo) is AWFUL. The graphics and atmosphere in those games are better, but that's it. I always felt like I was racing by myself in those games because the AI was incredibly predictable and they had no regard for a human racer on the track.

Then we played different games.

Or you played those games at minimal difficulty. I put over 40 odd hours playing Project Cars and I never thought I was getting away from the competition. In fact, they were always within mirror view of me.

The realism of that game actually turned me off a bit. I would kill my tires pretty fast. Never found the balance to run on an ok pace.

I also had everything set to off with just ABS on.

The problems with that game is that the pit stops were not right. That's why I stopped playing it. But since then about 3-4 patches worth 4gb each have come out to address those issues.

As far as patchwork, Ive seen devs talking in depth with redditors about the game. The are scheduled to release updates as early as next week.
link to that redit page ?

Or you played those games at minimal difficulty. I put over 40 odd hours playing Project Cars and I never thought I was getting away from the competition. In fact, they were always within mirror view of me.

The realism of that game actually turned me off a bit. I would kill my tires pretty fast. Never found the balance to run on an ok pace.

I also had everything set to off with just ABS on.

The problems with that game is that the pit stops were not right. That's why I stopped playing it. But since then about 3-4 patches worth 4gb each have come out to address those issues.
I always play those games on full simulation mode (minus manual transmission at most tracks) and have always hated the AI. I agree that they are competitive as hell, but they seem to have a set path they take no matter what. I could be inside a car on a long straightaway and out of nowhete, the car next to me will body slam my car and take the inside line. It's also damn near impossible to wreck your competition in those games, yet if they slightly touch you it ends up in your car crashing in spectacular fashion.

It seems like no matter where I qualify in my career, 5th, 15th or 35th, Martin Truex Jr. is within 2 spots of me. Four straight races. New Hamshire, i qualified 31, he was 33rd. Indy I qualified 12, he was 10. Pocono, I was 6th, he was 5th. Bristol, I won the pole, he was third. It's been that way since the first race.

Do you guys get these random split second freezes in the game? I'm playing it on the xbox one, and man those are annoying, along with what seems like 10 fps. I think the game has potential, but they just half assed this thing. Should have just kept working on it and released it right before Daytona.

Do you guys get these random split second freezes in the game? I'm playing it on the xbox one, and man those are annoying, along with what seems like 10 fps. I think the game has potential, but they just half assed this thing. Should have just kept working on it and released it right before Daytona.

This seems to be an XBOX issue. I haven't had that problem on the PS4, and everyone else I see reporting the problem is on XBOX. Hopefully they will fix this in a patch.

The problem with pcars AI isnt the competitiveness, its the complete & total lack of awareness. As @RacerrecaR said, getting body slammed down every other straight before entering the corner is very frustrating.

Example A, coming off of turn 1 going into the esses at the glen. The AI will come right down no matter what.

In terms of awareness, NHE AI hands down is a winner.

I have the same issue with offline lag. Its rare, but when it occurs it will throw you off.

Looking for good group of drivers to race with no punks maybe a league as well? Xbox DCOLE300

Looking for good group of drivers to race with no punks maybe a league as well? Xbox DCOLE300
Great, I am gonna tell my brother and a friend, we are nascar fans and have the game on our Xbox's

No no no I'm looking for a good group of drivers lol that come out wrong I want to join people lol

I don't have anything setup as of yet but with a few drivers that have mics we can have our own cautions and have a good time...

No no no I'm looking for a good group of drivers lol

I don't have anything setup as of yet but with a few drivers that have mics we can have our own cautions and have a good time...
We play forza motorsports 6 together, and now starting with Heat Evolution...

Back
Top Bottom