Nascar looking to buy Australian Super Car Series?

Whatever for? Doesn't NASCAR have enough issues to deal with already, without taking on something else to mismanage? The organization still hasn't said what it plans to do with ARCA. (Or maybe they'll merge the two series? :rolleyes: )

therealconse.jpg

They don't have to buy another series to do that. For the sanctioning organization, that would just be paperwork.

Yes, I was just being a smartass. :) I do hope that with the next generation of Cup cars they adjust the common template (assuming there is one) to more closely match the cars actually being raced, although as long as Toyota sticks with the Camry, it kind of messes up the deal.

Whatever for? Doesn't NASCAR have enough issues to deal with already, without taking on something else to mismanage? The organization still hasn't said what it plans to do with ARCA. (Or maybe they'll merge the two series? :rolleyes: )

It's more likely they are trying to get V8 supercar to grant Brian refugee status.

IMSA has turned into probably the best racing series at the current moment. IMSA is ran by the NASCAR and its turned into something great over time. I would like to see V8 Supercars stick around because it was not long ago where the series was going belly up.

If, NASCAR can save the series, I'm all for it.

Yes please, or run a couple US races to make the trip worth it, Roval, Daytona, Indy or something?

They raced COTA a few years ago but the crowd wasn’t there and the trek all the way over wasn’t super feasible. I can’t imagine the amount of strain a tour of the US would put on these teams. It would be fkn awesome though. Imagine these things at Road America or Long Beach.... after all, Supercars and Indycar have had companion events together in the past...

They raced COTA a few years ago but the crowd wasn’t there and the trek all the way over wasn’t super feasible. I can’t imagine the amount of strain a tour of the US would put on these teams. It would be fkn awesome though. Imagine these things at Road America or Long Beach.... after all, Supercars and Indycar have had companion events together in the past...
That's why I think an American leg of the schedule would offset that, you can build some interest if you can get it on TV here like it used to be on Speed, and the multiple races I would think would help balance put the justification for the cost.

That's why I think an American leg of the schedule would offset that, you can build some interest if you can get it on TV here like it used to be on Speed, and the multiple races I would think would help balance put the justification for the cost.

It still is on tv. CBS Sports Network.

Sounds like the series doesn't have a fat overpaid TV contract to continue propping it up artificially. Makes one wonder what the future will bring when the networks sit down again and bid on a product that is continuing to crater in the ratings? Should be interesting.

On and I hope that wasn't a post that anyone has read something similar lets say one thousand and fifty two times before. My apologies if it is.

Back
Top Bottom