NASCAR Nationwide Series at Daytona

NASCAR has some great television partners. Nationwide knockout qualifying has resumed. ESPN airing NFL, ESPN2 airing SportsNation and ESPNews running SportsCenter. FOX Sports 1 is at tape. What a joke.

Espn not extending the window is a joke. Fs1 can't do anything with no nationwide rights.

Espn not extending the window is a joke. Fs1 can't do anything with no nationwide rights.

FOX Sports has rights to air practice and qualifying, they've done it all weekend and been doing it since 2001.

Can't even put it on FOX All UFC, er, FOX Sports 2. Terrible.

So there will be cars at the front that really dont belong at the front ??? Crapshoot qualifying is what it really is IMO

Kwasniewski on pole at Daytona: #31-Dylan Kwasniewski won the 21 Means 21 pole (not the Coors Light pole because he's not 21 yet)

by race time.....#3 ..ty dillon on nns pole .....perfect pole weekend.

at least tv race coverage will say that....."he shoulda been on pole " ! ha!

Every time I see this Kwasniewski kid I want to fix his hat. This disturbs me more than it should.

At a plate track, it's all about how you work the draft and pull your line. The horsepower through the field is very comparable.

So there will be cars at the front that really dont belong at the front ??? Crapshoot qualifying is what it really is IMO
Qualifying means very little other than pit selection at plate tracks. Some of those guys could win up finishing well, too. Almost everyone has a chance here.

Qualifying means very little other than pit selection at plate tracks. Some of those guys could win up finishing well, too. Almost everyone has a chance here.
Those open pit selections are pretty important IMO. If you can keep from being interfered with by your neighbor it can give you one less thing to be concerned about.

Nothing directly related to your post but I see it mentioned a lot that anyone can win at these things. Could that be because the cars are so equal? Doesn't it come down the driver being the deciding factor. I really don't look at it as being the luck. These guys/gal have to work hard for the positions they earn and take calculated risks to get there. I like the great equalizer that we see at this track and Talladega.

I personally need this race done by 4 o'clock eastern. Looks like it's gonna rain. Dammit.

Here's the GP's and FenderBumper's view today......
uploadfromtaptalk1393092328220.jpg

Those open pit selections are pretty important IMO. If you can keep from being interfered with by your neighbor it can give you one less thing to be concerned about.

Nothing directly related to your post but I see it mentioned a lot that anyone can win at these things. Could that be because the cars are so equal? Doesn't it come down the driver being the deciding factor. I really don't look at it as being the luck. These guys/gal have to work hard for the positions they earn and take calculated risks to get there. I like the great equalizer that we see at this track and Talladega.
Completely agree on pit stall selection. A lot can happen on pit road here considering how hard it is to get lapped, so there are a lot of cars down there all at once. There was a least one incident on pit road during the Truck race last night.

Drivers still have to be able to get things done at plate races - Regan Smith and David Ragan pulled off some incredible moves in the two spring races at Talladega last year - but luck certainly plays a factor, like when James Buescher went from 11th to 1st in the final turn two years ago after all of the drivers who had dominated the whole day wrecked.

Does the anthem really need a whole band and a 30 second intro?

It got progressively worse. And wtf was he doing with the folded flag?

Back
Top Bottom