NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

11leaffilter-throwback-twitter.jpg

11leaffilter-throwback-pr.jpg

Throwback scheme honoring Darrell Waltrip will be driven by Blake Koch at Darlington

Liking Jamie Mac's throwback

I like it, the scheme that won the first Winston cup race I attended, North Wilksboro 1990
Also the paint scheme that he was running that infamous day in 1990 that the carburetor spacer was deemed illegally/improperly installed resulting in a 46 point penalty. Ultimately causing him to loose the championship to Dale Earnhardt. :D To this day there are those that think the fix was in. ;)

Also the paint scheme that he was running that infamous day in 1990 that the carburetor spacer was deemed illegally/improperly installed resulting in a 46 point penalty. Ultimately causing him to loose the championship to Dale Earnhardt. :D To this day there are those that think the fix was in. ;)
Even though it was the 2nd race of the year.

Since when does Tide sponsor a Nascar team? I haven't seem them on a car since Harvick in Trucks and Grand National a few years back. I had no idea they were affiliated with Gibbs.

I feel like a lot more teams are partaking in the throwback compared to last year, almost none of the top teams are skipping this time.

Since when does Tide sponsor a Nascar team? I haven't seem them on a car since Harvick in Trucks and Grand National a few years back. I had no idea they were affiliated with Gibbs.

It's fuzzy but I recall seeing other Proctor & Gamble products' logos on the JGR cars. Think it was Dawn or Downy, maybe both.

Can it be time to race at Darlington already

Watching that Darlington race will be very painful and upsetting as I'm not Sure NASCAR will be around in 25 more years. Can you believe Folgers was 1991 !

I"m not sure this is the right place for this, but a buddy of mine and I are having a discussion about paint schemes right now, our top 10 all time are the following, in no real order here.

3 Black Goodwrench
9 Coors
10 Tide Ride
7 Hooters
28 Texaco
43 STP
42 Mello Yello
6 Folgers
5 Levi
2 Miller Genuine Draft

I"m not sure this is the right place for this, but a buddy of mine and I are having a discussion about paint schemes right now, our top 10 all time are the following, in no real order here.

3 Black Goodwrench
9 Coors
10 Tide Ride
7 Hooters
28 Texaco
43 STP
42 Mello Yello
6 Folgers
5 Levi
2 Miller Genuine Draft

I think in 15 years time you're gonna have to add a few to this list.
48 Lowes
24 Rainbow Warriors
2 white deuce (ok I'm biased)
18 M&M's
4 Jimmy Johns

3 Black Goodwrench
9 Coors
10 Tide Ride
7 Hooters
28 Texaco
43 STP
42 Mello Yello
6 Folgers
5 Levi
2 Miller Genuine Draft
As gorgeous as the Hooter car was, I like the 1989-1990 Zerex personally. Best lookin car ever.

Back
Top Bottom